“Awful experience!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Creek Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Blue Creek Cabins
You added Blue Creek Cabins to your Saves list
2129 Dean Mountain Rd, Cleveland, GA 30528   |
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Awful experience!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I don't recommend dealing with Blue Creek Cabins!! I recently rented a house with out-of -town friends for a weekend away. Though they advertised Wifi, an outdoor hot tub and cable, when we showed up, both the cable and internet were out. I needed to send a few last work emails before relaxing, so this was a big issue. After we called the front desk to ask how to get the internet working, they told us to call At&t and resolve the issue ourselves (exactly what I like to do on my vacation!) After over an hour on the phone, my boyfriend was informed that At&t was not, after all the internet provider for this house. So we call Blue Cabins back, and they finally told us the correct provider. Another hour spent on the phone and still no internet. Finally Blue Creek sends out a serviceman who was great and fixed our cable and internet. So fine, this issue was resolved.

All of us had been really looking forward to getting in the outdoor hot tub to relax. There was information on Blue Creek's site that said be sure to turn the heat on when you arrive and give the hot tub time to heat up. We waited and waited and the hot tub was still ice cold. So we informed the Blue Creek people the next day when we woke up and the hot tub was still cold, that it was having problems. We went into Helen at this point. When we returned at 5pm, no one had come to service the hot tub. We called back and they said they had informed the owner of the house to get a repairman. Hours later the hot tub repairman shows up. He said he didn't even get the call to service the hot tub until that evening.

Then we go the real story from the repairman. He said that this hot tub was and has been broken. He had come out recently to repair the hot tub and had told the owner that they needed a $200 part to fix it, and that the owner had declined to have it fixed. The repairman advised the owner to inform future renters that the hot tub was broken and give a discount on the rental, but the owner decided to ignore this fact.

So we called Blue Creek Cabins....again. At this point we were leaving the next day and had spent half the weekend on the phone dealing with their issues. And let me mention this house was not cheap at all. If I had wanted to deal with red tape all weekend, I could have stayed home!

I told Blue Creek that we needed some reimbursement of our rental fee for all the headaches, and that I was very unhappy that they knowingly rented a house with a broken hot tub without informing the guests. The hot tub was the big seller for us, and we could have rented a 100 other houses with working hot tubs. Blue Creek blamed the owner and offered us a free extra night stay in the house. We declined, as we had to go back to work on Monday.

I spoke Blue Creek the next week, and they offered us a $40 refund for our troubles. $40 refund!!!!!!! I told them that was absolutely unacceptable, and that we should be refunded one night's stay (especially since they offered us a free night.) They declined and put me off repeatedly. After numerous phone calls and emails, they finally offered us $100 refund; which was still well below the fee for one night's stay. I told them no, that we wanted a full night's stay refund. After avoiding me for another few days, they said that that was all we were getting. Tired of arguing, we took the $100. Awful experience...go ANYWHERE but here!!!

Room Tip: Don't use these people
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oxford, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed in "Helen on My Mind" cabin and could not have been any happier with out stay! It was more than we expected which was great! The furniture, gas logs, jacuzzis, fire pit ............. on and on was wonderful! We lounged and stuffed ourselves with great food upstairs and watched football and played games downstairs! We enjoyed both of the jacuzzis to EXTREME! Guys played golf - ladies shopped and enjoyed the X-mas parade and loved all the extras! The Troll restaurant under the bridge in Helen was so so good and the beer was better!! Our trip to the cabin was no trouble at all - thanks for everything! (get some new fry pans :) The Farrar Family can't wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Choose the "Helen on My Mind" Cabin :)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I have to say that I truly enjoyed my 4-day mini vacay at Blue Creek Cabins. It was tranquil and just what we needed. The cabin was more than we expected. We stayed in the Garden Cabin, which was a perfect cozy little cabin for two. It was more than we had expected when we got there. The wood finishing, decorations, every little thing from the furniture to the sauna and jacuzzi in the bedroom, made this the perfect little getaway for one looking to get out into the country for peace and quiet. I have to say that the sauna and jacuzzi in the bedroom also made it for a great opportunity to unwind and even detox right at home. Everything in the cabin was quite clean. It was so orderly, just like how I would have liked it in my own home. And we enjoyed having a hot drink by the fireplace on those slightly cool evenings which was romantic.
But I have to say what really made the trip was the hospitality of the staff and the owners. We were so thankful for their generosity and felt almost right at home. Really good, quality people. The wife came to welcome us there the first night we got there. I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a little home away from home.

Room Tip: Recommend the Garden Cabin.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Beautiful. I hated to leave. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to escape the rat race of the big city.

Room Tip: Book your cabin quickly! These go fast!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
bluecreekcabins, Manager at Blue Creek Cabins, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
We thank you for Choosing Blue Creek Cabins for your Vacation destination. We would like to welcome you back with a 10% discount on your next stay with us.
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Me and a few of my high school friends got together for a reunion type of weekend, and booked at the little piece of heaven cabin. My very first impression of this cabin was awe, the view was so spectacular. We had a wonderful stay, the cabin was very clean, and huge and definitely comfortable. we enjoyed a large hottub, nice little eat in kitchen, a game room was in the basement, but I think we spent the most time on the deck admiring the beauty of our surroundings, and in the hottub having girl talk. This was definitely a get away to remember, and I would highly recommend Blue Creek Cabins to anyone who asked.

Room Tip: Little piece of heaven lives up to its name :-)
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
bluecreekcabins, Manager at Blue Creek Cabins, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to doing business with you in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Just got back from a recent business trip to that area. While I was a little further out than where the office was, the cabin was set up so I could work remotely while there. It was a wonderful stay and gorgeous views all around. Highly recommend for any kind of trip!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I just had to make a comment about our stay at Blue Creek Cabins, in the lovely 5 bedroom, Pine Springs cabin, because it was such a perfect vacation for our family and I want to thank everyone and recommend it to anyone looking for a private get-away vacation. We were delighted when we arrived to find a beautiful cabin in a beautiful setting close to so many enjoyable and entertaining activities. The first day we just relaxed and enjoyed the cabin and it’s surroundings. We enjoyed hiking, watching the fishermen at the pond catch trout, the families of deer and a beautiful red tail hawk in a tree very close to me off the back deck. What a paradise! We had family join us the next day and they also had a lovely time. We enjoyed carpet golf at the Alpine Golf and Ice Cream shop. It is one of the loveliest carpet golf courses we have played. We enjoyed shopping in Helen and surrounding areas such as the Soap Shop and the Gourd Shop. We had so much fun tubing down the river, all 8 of us with 2 dogs. Yes, I said 2 dogs, and they had fun too. It was so nice to find cabins that are pet friendly. We enjoyed the lovely hike to Anna Ruby Falls. It was beautiful there and they have a trail for the blind with Braille comments all along the walk and some audio.
We didn’t find the food in Helen particularly delicious but ate some fantastic meals in our cabin. All 8 of us fit comfortably around the table provided. The Ingles near Cleveland, GA was wonderful and had everything we needed and then some. One last comment, we can’t wait for another family vacation and would love to have it again at Blue Creek Cabins. As it is said in the South, “Ya’ll come now!”

Room Tip: Rooms were large and adequate.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Blue Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!