Was here for two days for a company leadership retreat. The best part of the stay was our golf outing; I just loved this course that climbed the foothills and crossed creeks in every direction. Had tremendous enjoyment with the course. The greens were a bit bumpy ... probably having been aerated in the past several weeks. But you just couldn't beat the views and topography changes.
I stayed in a condo and it was clean with spartan but sufficient furniture. In a modern world, was kind of a pain as I couldn't get cell reception in the condo for AT&T.
We had breakfast every morning in the club which was basic but fine. The kitchen had box lunches for us before golf and they were pretty minimalistic. After golf, we had dinner on the deck overlooking the 9th green which was a great atmosphere. The food was good but there were some challenges getting everyone's food on time.
Our meetings were in the spa building. The challenge was that the resort wifi worked intermittently (at best) and for a wired company ... this is quite the pain.
Overall i loved the scenery and the golf experience. The staff at the facility were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Getting away from it all has never been so convenient. With luscious dining options, world-class golf, hair-raising adventure opportunities, and plush lodgings - all accompanied by the stunning mountain views, Kingwood Resort is the perfect vacation retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Kingwood Country Club & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingwood Country Club Hotel Clayton
- Kingwood Country Club And Resort