Everything we wanted: nice surroundings, internet connection, clean, comfortable, home-y and reasonably priced. That alone would have been enough to make us happy. But we found all that and so much more!
Our cabin was thoughtfully decked out with a lovely fireplace (gas), AC and heat, rocking chairs, a heat lamp for the bathroom as well as a washer and dryer and amazingly soft, thick towels and linens. There are local crafts decorating the rooms and a stocked bookshelf under the flat screen TV.
Other surprises that turned out to be useful as well- the bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the bathroom medicine chest, a nice new coffee pot, along with coffee and filters in the kitchen, beautifully landscaped and maintained grounds, the big gas grill and a trail up to a picnic table with a great view of the mountains. This place is a real treasure!
Then there's Clayton- a nice little town filled with lots of small shops for browsing, cafes for resting and getting coffee, a variety of restaurants and a very well stocked Ingles grocery store.
And then there's Frank, the friendly, helpful owner/ operator. Besides building some of the cabins and renovating all the others, he keeps the cabins and grounds in top notch shape, knows the area well and will direct you to some breathtakingly awe- inspiring waterfalls,
Did I already say this place is a treasure?
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Aire Cottages Hotel Clayton
- Mountain Aire Cottages Hotel
- Mountain Aire Cottages And Motel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Aire Cottages & Inn Upscale & Affordable Cottages, The Hillside House, Individual Kitchenette Rooms, or Suites Daily, Weekend, Weekly, or Monthly Getaways. Upscale and Affordable - Casual, Comfortable Charm. Centrally located to everything! Please Note: All interiors are Strictly Non-Smoking! ... more less