“So very pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Glennville, Georgia
“So very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Depending on trip advisor reviews, my sister & I stayed here one rainy night last week. We were met by a very friendly, helpful check in at front desk. As I* had read on TA rooms were very clean, comfortable beds and great pillows. Small shower, but again very clean! Basic room in older hotel, but could not have asked for more for one night. We were so pleased that we will consider this location when ever we have to stay in Clayton. Almost hate to tell others about this location as they had already heard of their great reviews onh TA. Price was good and info on places to eat wAS OH SO ACCURATE! Breakfast area very small, but only one other family at the time we had breakfast. Basic, but enough variety and hot items that it was very satisfying. A very pleasant young man at checkout made this a very enjoyable stay. Would stay here again without a doubt. (hope to in the near future)

Room Tip: All rooms open on outside-but had quiet neighbors-good sleep
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Rock Hill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here-we were very impressed. HUGE room with a fireplace, couch in a different room than where we slept, clean, great staff!!! I would so recommend this place!!!! If we are ever in the area again we would stay here...would not even consider anywhere else!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We go to North Ga a couple times a year. When ever I travel I stay in Choice Hotels and this is one. It may not be the fanciest motel I have stayed in but the people make you feel like you are at home. We have stayed for a weekend and for a couple of weeks. The rooms are always clean and the food is always good. The motel is so centrally located we can stay here and do what ever we want during the day. Cherokee NC is only a short drive, Franklin has a wonderful Fun place the kids love and it is less than an hour away, we love going to Highlands which is less than an hour too, the Dillard House is only 30 minutes, Helen is right over the mountain, Tiger Ga is right there a few minutes from then motel and then south is Clarksville and Cornilla that are only 3o minutes away, Right across the street is Ms Megs Diner that the food is to die for and then going toward Dillard we found a place that serves a killer breakfast. One day I am going to move to this town. WE love it. So much to do when you are there. We stay here - do not have to pay an arm and leg for a clean place to sleep so then we have more money to do things and boy are there a lot of things to do while you are there.

Room Tip: I can not climb steps so we always stay downstairs in the back. You can even hear the roosters in t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Merida, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were just traveling through the area on our way north and decided to spend the night in Clayton, NC. Our room was comfortable (king bed) and clean except for a sticky substance on the bottom of the hotel amenities book. The hotel staff, especially the front desk personnel, were very friendly and helpful. The pool was very clean. The breakfast was the standard served in hotels and the food was hot and the breakfast area was very clean. I was definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to hike Tallulah George. I checked out the Days Inn, which was more in the center of town, but located right on the street and next to a loud gas station and a questionable restaurant. So I decided to check out the Quality Inn down the road, which was about 3 mins away but located up on a hill away from the road. I got a much better feeling from the Quality Inn right from the start.

Arrived without a reservation and Sara the manager was super nice and helped me to select the right room for us. We chose a 2-bd room queen on the second floor (room 208) which was clean and roomy. to my surprise, there was even a microwave and a mini-fridge, which was super helpful since it allowed me to freeze my drinks for the hike the next day (froze solid over night) and chill my lunch.

After the super quick check-in, we swam at the pool with some other guests. Then we walked across the street to Mama G's Italian Restaurant, which Sara had recommended. Although I was skeptical, it was packed with people and delicious (see my review on it). Being a Saturday night, they had live music, so we got a seat on the back porch and listened to the Macon Grass Band -- complete with dancing! The music wasn't too loud or too soft, so we were able to eat and talk, then dance after dinner. We ended up staying much later than expected. :)

The bathroom was adequate. I turned on the light and it was dim, but then realized there was a light on a timer that made it very bright, which was great!

The next morning, we woke up and had a wonderful breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and apples. And coffee, OJ, and apple juice, of course. They also encouraged me to fill up my 4 water bottles for the hike from their Crystal springs dispenser (which was great, since I'm not a fan of tap water).

It turns out that it is a family-owned hotel. All in all, it was a wonderful place to stay and I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Clayton again. Thanks so much Sara!!

Room Tip: Room 208 was great -- upstairs yet close to the breakfast room and front desk and pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

After staying at the Days Inn a couple of times, we decided to switch it up and stay here before a day of rafting. The room (unlike the Days Inn) didn't have a musty smell, but the bathroom was unacceptable. The toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned, and it only flushed every other time. Pretty gross.

However, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was better than we expected. There were breads/muffins, a waffle maker, cereal, sausage and eggs as well as coffee and fruit juice.

It's right on Highway 441 with easy access to most restaurants and stores, but the cleanliness was questionable at best.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the stairs. This is where the vending machine and ice machine are loca...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff were very nice, and the room was great. Very clean, no musty odor that is common in a lot of hotel rooms, and a fairly quiet area. It's also right by the few places we needed to stop at before heading to the woods to camp; Wal-Mart is one light away, and there are a few restaurants right down the street. The free breakfast was also far and beyond what is usually offered at a hotel: scrambled eggs, sausage, do-it-yourself waffles, danishes, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, definitely a wide variety to choose from.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet? Share your experiences!