“Wonderful staff, great food, quiet clean rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clayton
Perry, Georgia
“Wonderful staff, great food, quiet clean rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We go to North Ga a couple times a year. When ever I travel I stay in Choice Hotels and this is one. It may not be the fanciest motel I have stayed in but the people make you feel like you are at home. We have stayed for a weekend and for a couple of weeks. The rooms are always clean and the food is always good. The motel is so centrally located we can stay here and do what ever we want during the day. Cherokee NC is only a short drive, Franklin has a wonderful Fun place the kids love and it is less than an hour away, we love going to Highlands which is less than an hour too, the Dillard House is only 30 minutes, Helen is right over the mountain, Tiger Ga is right there a few minutes from then motel and then south is Clarksville and Cornilla that are only 3o minutes away, Right across the street is Ms Megs Diner that the food is to die for and then going toward Dillard we found a place that serves a killer breakfast. One day I am going to move to this town. WE love it. So much to do when you are there. We stay here - do not have to pay an arm and leg for a clean place to sleep so then we have more money to do things and boy are there a lot of things to do while you are there.

Room Tip: I can not climb steps so we always stay downstairs in the back. You can even hear the roosters in t...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Merida, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were just traveling through the area on our way north and decided to spend the night in Clayton, NC. Our room was comfortable (king bed) and clean except for a sticky substance on the bottom of the hotel amenities book. The hotel staff, especially the front desk personnel, were very friendly and helpful. The pool was very clean. The breakfast was the standard served in hotels and the food was hot and the breakfast area was very clean. I was definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to hike Tallulah George. I checked out the Days Inn, which was more in the center of town, but located right on the street and next to a loud gas station and a questionable restaurant. So I decided to check out the Quality Inn down the road, which was about 3 mins away but located up on a hill away from the road. I got a much better feeling from the Quality Inn right from the start.

Arrived without a reservation and Sara the manager was super nice and helped me to select the right room for us. We chose a 2-bd room queen on the second floor (room 208) which was clean and roomy. to my surprise, there was even a microwave and a mini-fridge, which was super helpful since it allowed me to freeze my drinks for the hike the next day (froze solid over night) and chill my lunch.

After the super quick check-in, we swam at the pool with some other guests. Then we walked across the street to Mama G's Italian Restaurant, which Sara had recommended. Although I was skeptical, it was packed with people and delicious (see my review on it). Being a Saturday night, they had live music, so we got a seat on the back porch and listened to the Macon Grass Band -- complete with dancing! The music wasn't too loud or too soft, so we were able to eat and talk, then dance after dinner. We ended up staying much later than expected. :)

The bathroom was adequate. I turned on the light and it was dim, but then realized there was a light on a timer that made it very bright, which was great!

The next morning, we woke up and had a wonderful breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, and apples. And coffee, OJ, and apple juice, of course. They also encouraged me to fill up my 4 water bottles for the hike from their Crystal springs dispenser (which was great, since I'm not a fan of tap water).

It turns out that it is a family-owned hotel. All in all, it was a wonderful place to stay and I will be back here if I ever need to stay in Clayton again. Thanks so much Sara!!

Room Tip: Room 208 was great -- upstairs yet close to the breakfast room and front desk and pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

After staying at the Days Inn a couple of times, we decided to switch it up and stay here before a day of rafting. The room (unlike the Days Inn) didn't have a musty smell, but the bathroom was unacceptable. The toilet clearly hadn't been cleaned, and it only flushed every other time. Pretty gross.

However, the staff was friendly, and the free breakfast was better than we expected. There were breads/muffins, a waffle maker, cereal, sausage and eggs as well as coffee and fruit juice.

It's right on Highway 441 with easy access to most restaurants and stores, but the cleanliness was questionable at best.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms close to the stairs. This is where the vending machine and ice machine are loca...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff were very nice, and the room was great. Very clean, no musty odor that is common in a lot of hotel rooms, and a fairly quiet area. It's also right by the few places we needed to stop at before heading to the woods to camp; Wal-Mart is one light away, and there are a few restaurants right down the street. The free breakfast was also far and beyond what is usually offered at a hotel: scrambled eggs, sausage, do-it-yourself waffles, danishes, bagels, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, definitely a wide variety to choose from.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I booked this hotel on a recent trip to visit the Gorge in Tallulah Falls. I arrived late but the office was open and the clerk was cheerful and efficient. I was checked in quickly and received a room on the second floor, per my request. The room was clean by all accounts and had no discernable odors. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. I found the room to be large and spacious and the shower to be in good working order. The television had a large selection of cable channels and local channels from Atlanta. Using the password obtained at check-in, I was able to quickly log on to the wireless internet network supplied by the hotel with a signal strength of 5 out of 5. The room was equipped with the standard hotel air conditioning unit but I did not at any time find it to be inefficient or loud. I slept well and was not disturbed, in part, perhaps, because there did not appear to be many people staying at the hotel (off season). The pillows on the bed were a bit strange due to the fact that they were perfectly square but I did not find them to be lacking in fulfilling their purpose. Breakfast the next morning consisted of freshly scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, bagels, danishes, muffins, toast, and my personal favorite, waffles fresh off the iron. Also included was hot coffee and fresh orange juice. There were other breakfast items available as well, but too many to list. The dining area was spacious and empty (again, off season) and the morning news/weather out of Atlanta was shown on a nearby TV. I stayed two nights and had a very enjoyable stay. I decided on 4 stars instead of 5 primarily because the furniture in the room was quite dated, in fact, one of the chairs came apart when I went to pick it up and move it. Not a big deal, though, as the other chair worked fine. The exterior of the hotel was also dated, but very clean. Parking was plenty and all of the interactions I had with staff were pleasant. I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay again someday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

FACT: We are the World's Worst Campers!!! We decided to break off from our Boy Scout Troop and spend our overnight at a local motel rather than under the stars. What can I say, we don't have much need of camping gear considering our ideal vacation involves a beach or a cruise ship! Besides, the last time we attempted a weekend camping in the mountains, my back wouldn't forgive me for a month. Quality Inn was one of only a handful of options, but we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. We travel lots and love a good deal, but value cleanliness even more. These guys did a great job on both. They offered us a GREAT AAA rate and best of all, hot breakfast is included (I told you we are the worst campers ever)!!!

Room was clean and smelled FRESH (love that), beds were comfy, and all the room amenities were operational and in good repair. NO PROBLEMS whatsoever with temperatures, shower, hot water, microwave, or critters. If I were guessing, I would say they recently updated the carpet, walls, mattresses and linens in the rooms. Furniture style was about what you would expect in a budget motel, but overall it was a good value and pleasant experience for a last minute overnight stay. I would highly recommend it for others like us who clearly don't understand the concept of camping or anyone passing through needing a good rest.

Breakfast was edible and a better selection than I expected. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, sausage patties, cereals, yogurts, fruit, bagels, danishes, raisin bread toast, orange or apple juice and coffee. Thinking about how fortunate I am as a American to even have this option helped me not complain about the taste of the hot foods, along with salt, pepper and a little jam.

For a budget motel, these guys do a great job. Checkout was easy and Justin (the manager) was extremely pleasant as he spoke with a noticeable Southern twang. Clean well kept rooms, great price, free breakfast... what more could you ask for!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet? Share your experiences!