“Yummy is an understatement!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: 706-982-1284;
Description: 706-982-1284;
TampaBay
“Yummy is an understatement!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were back in Clayton today looking for a good lunch and stopped at Fromage. My husband ordered the special: chicken and asparagus crepes in a parmesan sauce with a side salad and a cup of Italian onion soup. I had a salad with chunky chicken salad, a scope of artichokes and rice salad and green salad. Both were fantastic. But wait that's not all. We were disappointed that they ran out of Lemon cake so we ordered butter bundt cake with strawberries. The slice was huge and came with a yummy browned butter sauce. We both worked on it with pleasure and couldn't finish it all. My advice: If you go save room for dessert!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Highlands, North Carolina
“Ugh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were eagerly looking forward to lunch at this restaurant based on the reviews here and other places. I'm not sure why, but our experience was poor at best. The restaurant was junky and cluttered and made me think it might not be very clean. The food was really not on par with what I would serve guests in my own home, and I'm not a professional chef. Don't go hungry; you will be disappointed. I am more than happy to pay for quality and portions, but both were lacking here, I'm afraid.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
jenny8fromage, Owner at Fromage, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Good Afternoon!
I am truly sorry you didn't enjoy your experience at Fromage & Other Fine Foods. I take great pride in using the best product, hiring friendly staff, being clean and giving back to the community. May 18th was the 2nd Annual Fur Ball for Rabun Paws 4 Life and I am the Chairperson for this event, so all the clutter was the auction items and supplies for this event. Not knowing what you orders or the specifics of your visit and can't give any explanation, but I am very sorry you didn't like your visit. If you told your waitress, I would have hoped they would have taken care of the issue. I'll be sure to talk to my staff so they handle complaints properly in the future. Hope you will try us again! Thanks,
Jenny
Clayton Ga
“Great lunchtime food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Fresh salads and good lunch specials always available. Food is good. Sometimes a little quirky, but generally very flavorful. Everything on the base menu is good and the menu changes very often. The specials are sometime great and other times are just okay. Dessert is always delicious.

Visited May 2014
Dillard, Georgia
“Fabulous lunch spot!'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a quaint little lunch spot with over the top delicious food. We loved it! Do yourself a favor and save room for dessert.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clayton, Georgia
“YUM! YUM! YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

If Jennie makes it, you'll want to eat it! From her creative quiches (today was brie and butternut squash) to her flavorful soups, creator and chef/owner Jennie knows how to please her diners! Her chicken salad has crasins in it! It is SOOOOO delicious! The daily cheese melt features cheeses you would not have at home and if you did, you wouldn't know what to do with them. Jennie makes it all 'melt in your mouth ' delicious!
Save room for her incredible deserts because you have NEVER tasted anything like these before. Using local fresh ingredients, she comes up with the most delicious combinations of flavors ever! If she has the blackberry Mandarin Orange cake, skip the regular meal and just eat dessert!
Open for a special dinner only one night a month. Call or look on her website for the right date. Well worth a visit!

Visited April 2014

Been to Fromage? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fromage, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.