“Very much Enjoyed!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the North Georgia Mountains, Rumor Hazit is Clayton's Key West themed restaurant specializing in exciting seafood dishes and island décor. Jazzy music, colorful murals, and a tasty fare of fresh seafood, steak and chops. Be sure to save room for our signature Key Lime Pie.So why not put the daily grind on hold for awhile and let us transport you to the Keys!
Clayton, Georgia
“Very much Enjoyed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I and my date enjoyed a tasty meal recently (7/24/13), and we both very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We sat out on the covered porch to enjoy the weather & view, and to just do 'something different'. I had the shrimp & grits, and she had the pot roast. It was my first time eating shrimp & grits, so I wasn't sure what to expect, ... but boy it was delicious, with just the right amount of spice to really make for a zesty meal. My date enjoyed her pot roast and had plenty to take home. She dipped into my meal, and agreed it was great! I recommend Rumor Hazit to anyone looking for a special meal to mark a special night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I cannot recommend this establishment unless you enjoy dining in a refrigerator. There is the option of patio seating, however, and I was able to procure a fleece coat before hypothermia set in. I ordered the shrimp quesadilla small plate for dinner, but it was greasy. Also, our waitress screwed up 2 of our orders (she did offer to fix them, but by that time we were freezing and very hungry). The other members of my party enjoyed their meals of primarily hamburgers and salads, despite the order screwups. I thought the food was overpriced - I would not recommend to families. For what we ordered and the # of patrons, I thought the service was slow

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Great breakfast menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Rumor Hazit has a pleasant and fun interior, with enjoyable options on the patio when weather permits outside dining. The staff are likewise pleasant.

The breakfast menu is great, with outstanding value pricing. As a vegetarian, the options on their main menu are limited. However, the staff may permit ordering from the breakfast menu is this is explained at the time of ordering.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Really Great Reubens!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lunching here is like a short respite on a tropical island beach. The décor is complimented by nice jazz and the menu offers great choices. My wife enjoyed the New York Reuben with corn beef, while I savored the California Reuben with turkey. Both came with fresh kettle chips. The bonus was looking at the beautiful local art on the walls, available for purchase. Service was excellent and not rushed.

Visited June 2013
Charleston
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful breakfast. They now have breakfast on the weekends. Yummy! We have had dinner here many times on visits to the área. The murals in the bathrooms are fantastic. The service was very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere