“Beechwood Inn is Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beechwood Inn

You added Beechwood Inn to your Saves list
Beechwood Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   220 Beechwood Drive, P.O. Box 429, Clayton, GA 30525   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #1 of 7 Clayton B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte
“Beechwood Inn is Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

My husband and I recently spent several nights in the lovely Beechwood Inn. We found the ambiance to be charming, the accommodations excellent and the food extraordinary. We would definitely recommend this beautiful Inn to friends and do plan to return!

• Liked — Very relaxing ambiance, wonderful food and wine
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

Gayle and David are the perfects hosts -- warm, knowledgable, and friendly. The Inn was quiet, charming, and inviting. The surroundings were gorgeous -- we particularly enjoyed taking in the view from the rocking chairs on the porch. Breakfast was creative and delicious every morning. We hope to make our next stay a weekend visit so that we can enjoy dinner and wine festivities at the Beechwood. This was by far our best experience at a B&B.

Stayed June 2007
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2007

While attending a friend's wedding in Clayton, Georgia, my wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Beechwood Inn. The Innkeepers were wonderful and very knowledgeable about the various attractions of the area. The Inn has planned numerous dinners with pairings of various wines and dishes. Although we were unable to participate on this trip, we plan to return to enjoy this facet of the Inn. We highly recommend the Beechwood Inn to all who wish to leave the congestion of the city and enjoy the North Georgia mountains.

Stayed February 2007
punta gorda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2007

I can't describe how absolutely lovely our weekend was! We went there to celebrate my 40th birthday and I had a wonderful time.
Please if you want a great weekend try this place

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

I was looking for a place to take my husband for his birthday and came across travel vacation packages through Midwest Airlines. I didn't have a specific destination in mind and the Beechwood Inn in Clayton was the first bed and breakfast inn that appeared on the travel page. I had never heard of Clayton and have never been to GA, but when I clicked on the website, I was more and more interested. I read glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, which helped me make my choice (I'm always somewhat hesitant to choose a B&B off a website, as we've had questionable experiences in the past). I am happy to report that this was one of the most enjoyabe vacations we've had. When we arrived, there were guests sitting on the porch because it was "wine-30". Each afternoon from 5-6:30, they offer complimentary wine and appetizers for guests. There are three wines made by the owners, which we enjoyed for each of the three evenings of our stay with the other guests. In the morning, we enjoyed coffee on the porch followed by a wonderful two-course breakfast. The breakfast started with fruit and a muffin followed by a main course. During the day, we took some day trips to surrounding areas. The Beechwood is very close to the GA wine highway, which has about 8-9 wineries/vineyards. The wine region seems to be in its infancy, but it was a very enjoyable experience, nonetheless. We had dinner at different locations around Clayton; the food was generally good, but sometimes the atmosphere/service was not the best. The Beechwood Inn offers dinners for guests on certain weekends, and I've heard that these dinners get rave reviews; however, this was not going on during our stay. The inn was very clean, comfortable, and welcoming--certainly a place that I would stay again. Overall, we had a very relaxing time--it was the perfect way to celebrate my husband's birthday. Although I enjoyed everything about our trip, I have to say that our favorite thing was relaxing on the front porch with a cup of coffee or glass of wine and looking at the GA mountains. It was breathtaking.

• Liked — Great view and very romantic, relaxing atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

We enjoyed the tremendous hospitality of the Beechwood Inn. Even though we arrived later than planned (please accept our apologies), David graciously welcomed us and gave us a tour. Gayle had arranged for the Romantic Package with champagne, a dozen beautiful red roses (which we are still enjoying) and truffles! David also took the time the next day to give us maps, locations, and information about the local wineries. When we arrived back at the Inn after a day of traveling beautiful scenic roads to the wineries, there was wine and cheese and warm and funny conversation among the other wonderful guests. My husband and I could not have asked for a better way to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. We even got a great photo (thanks to Gayle) with Scupper, their lovable pooch! There is plenty of other scenery around the inn to photograph, too. Thanks again for a memorable vacation and we will likely be back with guests in tow!

Stayed May 2007
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2007

My husband and I were looking for a special place to spend our anniversary. We hadn't been to a B&B before and we were more than surprised. David, Gayle and Scupper and the perfect hosts. The Inn was spectacular. The food was delicious. The wine was perfect. Our favorite moments centered around the porch. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We enjoyed "wine-thirty" in the evening and the special roasted coffee in the morning. It is so quiet and peaceful. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Beechwood Inn? Share your experiences!