“Great place! Beautiful atmosphere. Wonderful food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
GA
“Great place! Beautiful atmosphere. Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I love their salads for lunch. They have a brunch on weekends but I can't eat the dairy or meat so I prefer to go weekdays for lunch. This is one of my favorite places in Clarkesville. It's off the main street but is well worth finding it! This is one of my favorite small, quaint towns so take a ride & enjoy this great little historic town.

• Visited December 2013

Cleveland, Georgia
“A northeast Georgia gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I live in Cleveland, Georgia where there are NO good restaurants so we have to look a little further. We've tried a couple of other restaurants in Clarkesville that were ok but nothing special. Then we went to lunch one day at Sweetbreads. It was WONDERFUL. We went back later with friends for dinner - on New Year's Eve in fact - and had another great experience. The food is delicious and the service was excellent both times. My husband was disappointed when they told us they were going to stop serving beer when they depleted their existing supply. I'm not sure why because we saw several customers with beer bottles on their tables. So it will be wine only I guess. This may mean we will now limit our visits to lunch hour. I hope they will rethink this policy.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We were touring some wineries in the area and stopped into Sweet Breads for dinnder. It's off the main stree about a block and behind some other buildings, but although the exterior is very unassuming, the restaurant turned out to be a real gem. The interior is a lovely eclectic fusion of styles from classic to contemporary.
Their wine list is more than decent (although we would have liked to have seen some of the local wines). For an appetizer, on the recommendation of our waiter, we had the bacon, jalepeno shrimp. It was an excellent combination of flavors with just the right amount of heat - just like we were promised. I had seared scallops which were very good, but the real hit of the meal was my husband's trout. Cooked just right, with a tasty crust of breadcrumbs, parmesean and herbs. For dessert we had the creme brulee - another execellent choice.
The service was impecable with a friendly and attentive wait staff. Our food came quickly but with the right amount of time between appetizer and entree so you didn't feel rushed.
We're not from the area, but if we are ever travelling in north Georgia again we will make it a point to stop in.

Clarkesville, Georgia
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this restaurant! When coming to the mountains from the city it can be challenging to find a restaurant that feels so comfortable and yet, so elegant. We love the hometown feeling up here, but this restaurant makes you feel that all you left behind was the traffic!!!

Clarkesville, United States
“How could you not?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

How could you not be intrigued by a restaurant that showcases an eight-foot high, homemade ginger bread pagoda as part of their Christmas decorations? It set the festive holiday mood… that is for sure. We've dined at Sweet Breads many times and have never walked away dissatisfied. Because most things are made to order, it does sometimes take a while to get your meal on the table, but it is well worth the wait. Servings are generous, with enough to take home if that is your choice. And, everything from appetizers to desserts, is delicious. The wine selection is nice and specialty drinks are offered. Sweet Breads is located just off of Washington Street near the square. If you have a hard time finding it… just ask a friendly Clarkesville resident to point you in the right direction. Two more things… you can find Sweet Breads on their website and on Facebook.

Visited December 2013