“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Clarkesville, Georgia
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very good bar-b-que....plus many more items that are just as good. Some may saw alittle pricey....but worth it!!

Visited June 2013

72% Recommend
Clayton, Georgia
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have never been disappointed eating here. Their complimentary hush puppies are delicious! The food is generous and really good. Bt hey have about six different kinds of barbecue sauces that enhance their fabulous BBQ.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Not worth an hour wait!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were on our way to Helen and detoured to have lunch at Hawg Wild because of our fond memories from last year. We showed up about 1:30 on Sunday hoping to get in and out quickly as we had last time. Even though half the tables were empty, we had to wait 20 - 30 minutes to get a table, then 10 minutes for a waitress, then 30 minutes for food... What we thought would be half an hour stretched into almost an hour and a half stop. The food wasn't as good as I remembered, though the sauce selection was still fun. With the wait, our late lunch turned into being an early dinner and just put a damper on the whole rest of the day.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Helen, Georgia
“Good Food and Plenty of It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at Hawg Wild BBQ today. It has a lot more choices than most BBQ restaurants. I had brisket that was moist, tender and had some really good crispy outside cut while my husband had 1/2 a chicken. The skin was crisp while the chicken was tender and moist. Best of all we had more choices than FF, BBQ Beans and slaw. They give you hush puppies to start out and have 6 to 8 choices of vegetables you can choose from. Everything we had was good. I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Customer Service far outweighs Decor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

When we arrived, the "Hostess" was an unsmiling young woman who appeared to be too busy by far to worry about 2 more customers. She finally called a waitress over and asked her something, the waitress walked away, then came back to the hostess. We had no clue what they were doing and were looking at the decor and building.

I may be a bit picky, but its kinda nice to have the hostess ask you to "Follow Me Please" when seating us. She snatched up some menus and cutlery, and walked away from the front desk. She got about halfway across the room and I called out to her, are you seating us? She turned around and said yes and walked off again. Like lambs, we followed her.

When we sat down, the air blowing from the AC was so cold and blowing so hard i had to hold my hair back to keep it from blowing in my face. It took about 2 minutes to realize we couldn't sit under the air - it had rained most of the afternoon and we'd been on a fairly strenuous walking tour, so were hot and damp, making the cold air even colder to us. A waitress came over and we asked if we could please move away from the air, she looked around the dining room and said, "Well, I guess if you have to". There was a booth directly beside us, and we tried that. Now we are not tiny people, not large either. This booth must have been made with children in mind. Neither of us could comfortably sit in it, my husband being over 6', his knees were hitting mine.

We just stood up and waited until it was a bit embarrassing and my husband just walked over to a waitress and said, we're taking a table outside on the patio.

We seated ourselves, carrying our menus and cutlery with us. After quite some time (we joked about being punished for breaking the seating rules) a very nice waitress came over and asked if she could help us. My husband explained about the air and our seating ourselves, and she was just so darned cute - she said, "We'll I'll be more than glad to take care of ya'll" and asked for our drink orders. She was attentive, pleasant, and obviously hustling at a much higher rate than many of the other servers within our sight.

My husband ordered the chopped pork, fried okra and field peas. I wasn't extremely hungry so I ordered the side of Macaroni and Cheese. The pork was a bit dry, but the many sauces they placed on the table made it fun to try several. They were all good.

Aside from the really poor customer service and dealing with someone who clearly didn't want to be there doing her job, the food was passable. It was by far not the best BBQ we've had. The macaroni and cheese was superb and had been freshly made. It is a lovely location with a large green space with gazebo in the back, the building is well done and the outdoor seating was very nice. One of the picnic tables had been broken and was laying in pieces, and they were evidently working on their outdoor heaters which was a bit of an eyesore, but the space is nice.

We likely won't go back and were not overwhelmed by the food. Our waitress was wonderful, but I have to give an overall Poor rating for customer service because everyone else really didn't make much of an effort to ensure we were comfortable.

• Visited August 2013