“Southern Country Cookin'” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Sandwiches
Chickamauga, Georgia
“Southern Country Cookin'”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I am a Chickamauga native and have eaten at the Melon Patch many times. They serve fresh veggies when in season. Traditional Southern items like fried okra and fried green tomatoes. There is are featured items each day as well as regular menu. The desserts are homemade not those frozen things other restaurants dab a little whipped cream on top and call homemade. The people there are show true Southern hospitality.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Impressive service and food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I ate at the Melon Patch last night for the 1st time and it was such a great dining experience! The server was a friendly young lady and the sweet tea was good and really sweet. Then came the bread basket which had homemade rolls and homemade cornbread muffins I still don't know which I like better because they both were so good!! My hubby and I had the meatloaf and it was moist w/o being greasy and topped with plenty of ketchup. Our daughter had the hamburger steak with grilled onions and it was moist, not greasy and most importantly not overcooked like some places. For our sides we had zucchini casserole (must try this!), hashbrown casserole (may be the best I've ever had), creamed potatoes(so good!) and mac & cheese. The macaroni and cheese was pretty good but every other side we had was delish! We ordered a slice of homemade sweet potatoe pie to go since we were too full to eat it right then. The pie came with a side of homemade whipped cream and both tasted so good! We were so happy we stopped to give this place a try and we will definitely be back soon!! Give this lil country cookin' place a try, I think you'll like it as much as we did! :)

Visited July 2014
“The Best Southern Cooking Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

GREAT service! Everyone there is very friendly and the food is amazingly excellent!! I will most DEFINITELY come back!!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chickamauga
“Average place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The food is OK as is the service but and it is an average place to eat. Have never tried the catfish buta lot if people go for the all you can eat fish.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rock Spring, Georgia
“good southern food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Melon Patch is a bad choice food was cold,mac&cheese very little cheese broccoli casserole was terriable,my wife and I will not go back.

• Visited April 2014