“Some problems” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Edinburgh, Scotland
“Some problems”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night and as it was weekend the rate dropped on the Marriott website to a reasonable $89 plus tax.

The hotel is very conveniently located to the perimeter motorway I-285 at Junction 29 and there are many restaurants and shops around the previous Junction 28.

We very much like Residence Inns and while our studio queen was perfectly acceptable the furnishings looked a bit tired.

We had a couple of problems. The small outdoor swimming pool
could only be accessed by walking through reception which was very inconvenient. The other problem was that the bedroom was not properly double glazed and there was a lot of noise from Interstate 285, So one important tip is to ask for a room as far awxy from the Interstate as possible.

Overall the hotel felt a bit more downmarket than other Residence Inns but at the price we paid that was acceptable.

• Liked — Big Well equipped accommodation
  • Disliked — Road Noise and Swimming Pool Access
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

I booked this room via the Marriott website. It was confirmed with a credit card. I was traveling with my teenaged son and his friend. I called to check on the reservation that morning and notified the hotel that I would be a late arrival. When we arrived at the hotel at 11:00PM, I was told that the hotel was overbooked, but they had arranged for me to stay in another location 45 minutes away at their expense. They then gave me a printout of what was supposed to be directions to the hotel. The staff had given me directions to a convention center about 5 miles from the other hotel. It was after midnight at this point and I was in a unfamiliar city. I had to call their 800# for further directions. When I got to the hotel, I was told that I could stay there the next night, but their rates were 50% more than the original location. I spent half the next morning on the phone with customer care. I was told that I could either stay where I was at the higher rate or I could go back across town to the other hotel as they had rooms for that night. Although they did comp the second night as well, I lost half a day of my two day trip due to this. I place blame for this equally on the hotel and Marriott reservations. If I had not shown up, I imagine I would have been charged for the already occupied room.

• Disliked — Not having a room when I got there. Having to stay near a busy airport instead
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2006

My husband and I chose this location for convenience. The property looks fine from the outside but the interior is very outdated. We had a leaky faucet in the kitchen which dripped nonstop. The housekeeping staff was nice but did not respect our wishes for later service. In fact, they came by the room a second time and knocked (we requested later service due to young children napping) to inquire about when the room could be serviced. About an hour later, we were called in our room by housekeeping to check on our status. Eventually, I called the front desk to complain about the interruptions from housekeeping and the front desk clert was very abrupt with me. She never apologized for the inconvenience nor did she ask how she could be of service. Linens were left outside our room door in a trash bag. Not exactly the customer service I expect or am used to by a Marriott property. My family will not be guests at this hotel again.

• Liked — plenty of on-site parking
  • Disliked — front desk staff
  • Tips/Secrets — bring earplugs; very noisy property
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2006

My spouse and I spent a weekend at this property, which is in a great location for travelers visiting the NE Perimeter area of Atlanta. It is one exit away from the Perimeter Mall (Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Dillard's). The property has a view of I-285, so there is some traffic noise, but it's minimal. The staff were very courteous and helpful during our entire stay. This ResInn looks like an older property. The age especially shows in the bathroom and kitchen areas. However, the bed is the new Marriott-style with soft linen and lots of pillows. The hotel offers a shuttle service, which takes guests anywhere within a 5 mi radius (grocery stores, department stores, ,etc.). Considering the traffic in the area, the shuttle is definitely an asset!

• Liked — Friendly staff; location
  • Disliked — age of property
  • Tips/Secrets — free HSIA
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2006

This Residence Inn is a fine example of staff going above and beyond. I have stayed here for 3 two-week stints for work and found it exceptional in its service. The location is close enough to Concourse office complex to walk, but the staff will happily drive you almost anywhere. Breakfast is good and activities are fine. The staff (friendly, outgoing, helpful and accomodating) makes this place a winner.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2005

The facility was great. Hotel was clean, service was great. Ample parking for guest and friendly reception. Full breakfast each morning. They also served food in the evening.

Security partrolled the hotel all the time, which gave us added filling of security.

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter/Dunwoody? Share your experiences!