“Awesome Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was my first trip to a Residence Inn, and I have to say I was most pleasantly surprised! I don't generally stay at hotels focused on long-term stays, but this was a great hotel Went with my mom and my best friend for surgery. I was a little skeptical because I wanted to be really comfortable, especially since I was having surgery. The hotel was only two miles from the hospital and was centrally located to shopping and restaurants. It was equipped with a full service kitchen, a living area with a pull out sofa bed as well as a king size bed. The bathroom was awesome which was particularly great since I required accommodations not generally needed. We stayed the night before and the night following my surgery. This hotel was perfect and exceeded all of our needs! I would not hesitate a second to return to this location for any reason! Not sure why I ever doubted a Marriott facility!??

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Front desk staff was very friendly and the hotel seemed like a normal Residence Inn. Found an old coffee filter in the coffee maker that was so old that some mold had started to form. Flushed toilet and the handle was broken and then continued to run for a while. Seems the management needs to refocus the staff on how to clean and maintenance the rooms. Wondered what else was not done well...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Chamblee hotels

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to our relatives and that we needed a kitchen and a family friendly environment. If you have small children, do not come here. The two bedroom units are loft style so there are stairs and an open bedroom above the other bedroom. The hotel does not provide baby gates and if your kids need to nap it's impossible with a loft room. On top of it all, there is construction right outside our window, and three staff people banged on our door when I had the do not disturb sign on, and had already complained that I was trying to put my kid down for a nap and couldn't with all the banging. So all the banging on our door woke my daughter up three times so that she didn't nap for the day. For a parent, you know how this effects your day. No high chairs either even though when I made reservations they said we'd have a high chair in our room but when we arrived said they don't provide high chairs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. I was pleasantly surprised at how well I liked this hotel after reading other reviews that were not as complimentary. The rooms were clean, housekeeping came in daily and brought fresh towels and straightened things up. The complimentary breakfast was satisfactory, the juices home was not working but they still supplied juice in carafes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you will be staying for multiple nights.

• Stayed March 2013
N.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Better than expected. Friendly, welcoming desk clerk. Everything was clean, spacious, kitchen was awesome, bed was comfy. My only complaint was that I like very hot showers but the water never got hot, just warm.
I also choose hotels for free breakfast - the breakfast was pretty good - only real complaint was that there was only 1 waffle maker and the line/wait was too long for a waffle.
Other than the shower not getting hot and the long wait for the waffle maker, the room was great and the staff was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very quiet, with comfortable bed and pillows. I got a very good night's sleep. I came equipped with a box of sani-wipes because of other reviews, but kitchen, bathroom, and bedding were all spotless. Only complaint was that the room needed better dusting. I am just staying one night, but i would definitely consider this for a longer work stay. My room was on the back side.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
San Rafael, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was in Dunwoody for a funeral so had no expections as to lodging. Arrangements were made for family to stay at this property. Wow, what a wonderful surprise. The room i had was a suite with a king bed on the first floor and a loft with a king on the send floor. The floor plan so well thought out and the amenities were the right type and located just in the right spot where they are most convient. The rooms and the public areas were in tiptop shape. The full hot breakfast was fresh, diversified, and very good. All the staff were a pleasure to be around. They were just a delight. My hats off to the management for having a consistant, well managed product.

Room Tip: Second floor suites are in the rear of the property is the best location