“Clean and Easy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Chamblee
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
“Clean and Easy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was one of the best Residence Inn I have ever visited. The property is over 20 years old. The rooms were updated and tastefully furnished..... Staff friendly

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Comfortable and very friendly hotel. Would stay again. Complimentary breakast and snacks every monday through thursday. Cozy and trendy feel. Lovely staff. Highly Recommended for both short and long stays.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Stayed at this Residence Inn for two days and had no issues. Not sure why all the negative reviews! The rooms are excellent, comfortable beds, fireplace (wood burning), fully equipped kitchens, nice modern decor! I never made it down to breakfast but was told by others it was nice also.
The jacuzzi was shut down for repairs but who needed it in November.
Also hotel is convenient to the interstate (285) and close to many different areas.

• Stayed November 2010
Huntsville, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

Reservation: I have reservation for a 2-bedroom suite. We arrived at the hotel around 11 p.m. and were told the room was not clean. The desk clerk offered to put us in 2 separate studio rooms for the night and change it back the following day. I went back the next morning and was told there was no 2 bedroom available. Hummm, but I have a reservation. “No, you don’t have a reservation since you have accepted the studio rooms.” Hummm, but I was told that I can change my room last night when I check-in. “Sorry, you can come back this afternoon and see if one is available.” My wife is now tucking on my shirt tail and whisper for me to keep cool. I finally decided it is not worth the effort to argue and gave up.
Breakfast: The eating area was too small to accommodate the breakfast crowd. We have to wait for a table every morning during our stay. The hot food items went out almost as soon as they appear.
Pool: Small but OK in a very hot day unless you want a towel. My daughter had to ask the attendant first then went to see the manager before they bought out the pool towels.
With many other options available in the nearby area. I think I have see the last of this unfriendly hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Chamblee hotels

ky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

rooms were remodeled, kinda cheaply but its clean for now. room set up is kinda weird. all open. bedroom no longer separate. only has wired internet. Has horrible cable choices. plenty if u want to watch news and sports. disagree with previous review regarding area, i didnt think it was that bad. i didnt feel in harms way. bed was really firm, not my way of sleeping but some may like it. sofa was very firm also. chair kinda small, recliner would have been better. I'm all about clean so I would return in the immediate future but the interior will decline fast due to seemingly cheap carpeting and furniture. made the reservation but found a discount code online within minutes of making reservation, called them back but they wouldnt honor it. didnt have much dealing with staff other than that but i think that was crappy customer service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Cairo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I reserved a 2 bedroom bi level loft at this extended stay hotel more than 2 months in advance! I like to cook and wanted the full kitchen for my family.We were in town for 3 nights so my daughters could see a concert and my wife and I could explore Atlanta. When we arrived I was told by the desk clerk Jason that my room would not be ready for at least fifteen minutes,even though it was check in time. I returned to the desk to find that he had put me off and left and there were no 2 bedroom lofts clean at that time.The new clerk suggested I come back In a couple of hours! When I asked to speak to management I was told that would be possible during the weekend. I I would have canceled my reservation if I had not brought perishables and needed the full size refrigerator and freezer! I accepted 2 single studios for the same price even though this was not conveniant. I did not manage to find a member of management in 3 nights and they did not contact me despite repeated requests! Upon returning home I checked their website and discovered that I was charged more than the advertised price for these 2 rooms! It was only a few dollars more ,but why should they make a bonus for not holding up their end of our agreement! I was amazed by the attitude of the staff at this facility and the management is obviously not paying attention !!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

2 bedroom with loft. Room was in the back and up a narrow flight of stairs. As soon as we walked in, we had to evict a cockroach an inch and a half long. The room was spacious. It had very few windows so there was no airflow. The building is old. The price was very good for a 2 bedroom, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!