“Great experience! Thank you!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Cedartown
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great experience! Thank you!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

So I had bought my boyfriend and I jumps for our anniversary. I did not know what to expect exactly since I had never jumped from an airplane before but I figured that we would be in good hands with the pros.

Day of, we drove to Cedartown from Atlanta which was about an hour and half. We get to the facility which is almost like a huge garage, outfitted with all the equipment and has a porch attached at the rear where spectators can watch the divers fall and float back to the ground.

After signing the waivers and watching a safety video, we were put in queue. We waited for a couple hours until it was our load's turn which gave us time to watch the divers set up their equipment and watch a couple loads jump and float down. There was even a bbq going on for those of us that were hungry while waiting.

When it was our turn, our tandem instructors suited us up and took us to the plane. My boyfriend's instructor was Cody who is kind of a rad daredevil with a lot of energy and who wants to have fun with his students on the jumps. My instructor was JJ who was a calm, knowledgeable guy whose presence helped relax me during the whole ordeal.

Jumping was very exciting and exhilarating but my favorite part was the calm floating back to earth. It was peaceful and soothing after your nerves go a little crazy just before the jump.

My boyfriend and I have already decided to go again soon. It was definitely worth it.
If you are thinking of jumping for the first time, I can definitely say that this is the place to go. The staff was knowledgeable and experienced; our instructors specifically matched our needs perfectly.

Thank you Skydive Georgia for a great way to celebrate our anniversary!!

-Amy & Bryan

Loganville, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I'm a 60 year old female and this was not something on my things to do list but my sister in law wanted someone to go with so thought why not.

They are very safety oriented with experienced jumpers that love to jump and I never felt fear.

The jump is hard to describe. The initial shock of looking out the open door of a plane 14,500 feet up, then falling for what seemed a long time but was only a minute then the absolute quiet while you float above the clouds. At one moment I could see our shadow on the clouds circled by a rainbow, amazing.

Thank you Skydive, GA for an unforgettable adventure.

Visited August 2013
Seneca, South Carolina
“What a RUSH!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, this is not your typical resort review. Think about this as your best extreme roller coaster experience without rails with a drop of, oh say, 14,000 feet!! My dive today was incredible!

About a year and a half ago, I signed up to skydive. I live in South Carolina, about two and a half hours from Cedartown, Georgia. Two times I made the drive only to be rained out from my jump. However, as they say, the third time is the "charm", and, today was "the charm", I made my first ever jump!

I arrived , watched a video, and signed a couple of very detailed release forms. Heck, you are about to jump out of an airplane for Pete's sake!

The guy I jumped with was Charley, whose dad was an Army HALO jumper. Charley had been around jumping since he was ten and made his first jump at 15. Heck, I was skate boarding at that age but it made me feel pretty safe even though he was only 23 years old.

Charley was serious, explained what was happening as we prepped, and made our way up to 14,000 feet in a Beech King outfitted specifically for jumping. For those of you who don't know planes, this IS A PLANE...power, safety, and fast! Charley repeatedly checked and tightened straps and asked how I was doing. As we climbed to jump altitude, the banter was light between the jump crew, first time jumpers and the videographers we all hired to prove we did what we did to our friends, and family.

The Jump. When we got to altitude, the oversized door opened and we slide down our bench toward the door. First the videographer would jump followed by each tethered team. Charley and I were the last out. My instructions, stand in a catcher's position at the door and hold on to the straps on my harness. I was looking down at earth 14,000 feet below, totally dependent on Charley. He said "let's go" and we rolled forward out the door, head first!

As we dropped, I felt the wind push my cheeks back just like in the movies. Charley tapped my arms to let me know I could let go of the straps and fan my arms out and we went into a level fall. I had no concept of time but after about a minute of free fall, Charley opened our chute at 5,000 feet (with the jerk up, just like on TV) and we descended to a spot right next to the facility. A perfect landing. At this point Charley lost his seriousness and the joy of the jump came out as we high-fived, shook hands, bumped fists and just had these big poop eatin' (I can't use the other word) grins on our faces. He loved it as much as me.

If you want to jump, this is the place to do it. Most important, they are pros...safety first. They love what they do and it shows.

I'll be back boys and girls for another jump. You guys rock!

Visited August 2013