This was a rewards stay and I never expected the room to be this great! Traveling solo, I only need one bed so I selected the king room. Nice flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave, computer hutch area, sofa and plenty of room. Enough power outlets and USB port chargers were a nice surprise. Bathroom has huge vanity counter with coffee maker. Maybe this was a mini suite? Bed was very comfortable. My room was right outside the elevator and I thought I would hear hallway noise but surprisingly no!
I arrived later in the evening and found the steep drive from the main road to be a bit dark/creepy - but it's a driveway. Parking lot seemed a bit tight for those pulling a trailer but again, it was dark.
Desk staff was personable, though as others noted, there was smoking in the doorway outside.
I opted to skip going to dinner when I would have rather walked the block to the nearby restaurant but again, that steep driveway kept me from feeling comfortable walking. They did have coffee and a few apples available, so I had a little something to snack on.
Since this was a rewards stay, I don't feel you can complain much when you've spent zero dollars out of pocket. That said, there were a few items that I noted that would have dinged their rating if I could take away half a star.
* Locked myself out of my room (oops) and had an additional key made. They didn't tell me that this then made my initial two keys invalid. Was then locked out the next time I left the room and grabbed one of the original keys.
* I had no "Do Not Disturb" sign.
* Bathroom amenities included shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup removal pad, moisturizer. My moisturizer was 1/2 used.
* Shower - I prefer a shower that has pressure enough to practically knock you across the tub. This had a Water-Pik style shower head that seemed pretty wimpy in the pressure dept. I also like a HOT shower. Temp wasn't hot enough to steam the mirror. Both
* Tub drain plug separated from the tub. As designed?
* Curtain would not open/raise. There was a drawstring, but it did nothing. Not sure if this, too, was as designed. I would have liked to have had the shade open as it helps me wake up in the morning.
* Breakfast was fine for being inclusive. Somewhat of a variety. The cheese omelette left me wondering if it was made from a mix or real eggs. The "cheese" was not very tasty. Others who dined in the atrium commented that the counter seating didn't mesh with chairs provided. I elected to eat in my room.
The king room w/sofa is the way to go if you don't need two beds.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.