“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Cartersville
USA
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here on our way to Atlanta and it was a great hotel. Very convenient off the interstate and in a safe area between Chattanooga and Atlanta. Also had a nice free breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plainifeld
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I called and discussed having a large number of us spending the weekend for a family reunion. I was not told there would be rennovation going on and in addition the outdoor pool was not usable. The contractors were ripping off wallpaper around the receptists desk while we were at the breakfast area eating breakfast. Dust everywhere. I recommended that my family all stay here since it was close to where we were to be for the reunion. I regret having told my husband's cousins to stay here. Some of them staying on the second floor came out to the carpet being pulled up and nails everywhere. Ice maker was broke on first floor when we were there too. Your guarantee of satisfaction was not fullfilled. We were given a small discount. I feel that all of us should have been refunded our cost of the rooms. I will not consider staying there again I am afraid.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This place was disgusting, filthy and I will never stay here again, not even when the "renovations" are completed. I wanted to leave, but it was past midnight and my husband was too tired to continue driving. Our room smelled like wet dog, I saw what looked like something suspicious in one of the kids beds, there was garbage between the bed and the wall and generally the room was gross, dirty and disgusting. No matter how tired you are, unless you get a room for almost free, skip it. We were on the bottom floor near the food area. We left without eating as we just wanted to get out.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

What a surprise the Hampton Inn in Cartersville GA was! It was a very quiet nights stay for my family and I. We stopped for the night because we were extrememly tired driving from Disney World. I really liked the fact that the hotel is tucked up on a hill, surrounded by woods. That cuts down on all the road noise.

The room was very clean and the bed so very comfortable. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. They were knowledgeable about the area in where to eat for the best price. We decided on The Fruit Jar Cafe. What great southern cooking! I can't forget the breakfast hostess. She was so nice and made sure our little girl had enough to eat. Southern hospitality at its best!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
DCoventry, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Hampton Inn in Cartersville. We are glad that you stayed with us on your trip home from Disney World with your little girl. We look forward to having you stay with us whenever your travels lead you through this area.

Safe travels,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Wow. What can I say? Great stay and great time at the Hampton Inn in Cartersville!

I came home to visit my parents with my new fiance and found a well-maintained, clean hotel. The rooms were spotless, the location convenient to my parent’s house and the staff very “Southern” friendly, something we don’t get a lot of when we’re on the road, traveling.

All in all a great experience! I highly recommend this Hampton!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our Hampton Inn in Cartersville. We are thrilled to hear that you and your fiance enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to you coming back over the years and hope that when the wedding comes around, you consider us as your home away from home.

Round Rock, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I am a businesswoman based in Austin, TX whose territory includes five states in the Southeast. I travel a lot and I am always cognizant of where I stay when I am on the road. I love the culture in the South and although things move at a slower pace than I’m used to the people always make up for it with their well-mannered dispositions.
I can say I had a pleasant experience at the Hampton Inn in Cartersville, GA. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make sure my stay was enjoyable. The property was clean and easy to get around. Although this isn’t a 5 star resort if you’re travelling through Cartersville I wouldn’t stay any place than the Hampton Inn

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Hampton Inn in Cartersville. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand the needs of a traveler like yourself, who is on the road so often, and are proud to deliver the "Great Southern Hospitality" that you deserve. Our staff is fantastic and love to make our guests feel welcomed! We look forward to your future visits.

Warmest regards,

Bob in NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

This place looks very nice, is very clean and well laid out, and coulod be a great property. However, it ends up being on disappointment after another. How about NEVER cleaning the bathroom counter for the several days I was there and even after mentioning it to the front desk? Maybe it was the 17 total TV channels (that's right ... 17 total!). Or perhaps it was the internet being down 2 of the 4 days I was there. Add to that a front desk staff that is totally overwhelmed (1 person handling everything 90% of the time) and your calls will just ring and ring and ring with no answer. Oh, and they have signs on the front door excusing their renovation. Renovation? Try workers buckets left in the middle of the hall coming out of the elevator, some shoddy, half-hung plastic separating the non-renovated from being-worked-on area, etc. What a joke!

Room Tip: I would suggest another property