“Expected better...” 2 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Cartersville
“Expected better...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have stayed at other Country Inns in the past and have been pleased, but this was definitely the worst experience we've had with the hotel chain. The front desk staff seemed to be missing every time we needed them, and the "helping a guest, be back in a minute" sign was there to greet us instead. Other guests were waiting at the desk as well, and there was no bell or any way to signal that we needed help. Another man was waiting and actually started calling out, "HELLO! Anybody there?" after waiting several minutes and finally left in frustration when no one appeared to help him. Also, there was a Porshe parked directly out front of the hotel's entrance in the unloading area that did not move during our entire stay (more than 15 hours). I get that it's an expensive car - and I'm assuming that's why it was parked there - but really, it's quite inconsiderate to allow a car to remain parked in the unloading area and prevent other cars from using it.

Our room was musty smelling and did not cool very well... even with the a/c turned down to 66 it was still warm. It was also muggy and humid in our room - our clothes actually felt slightly damp when we got dressed in the morning. The decor and furniture looked tired and outdated. We did not sleep very well due to the amount of noise - the front room in our suite was very loud and we heard every guest that passed our room loud & clear. There was also tons of banging going on above us, and we heard children screaming and crying in the room next door.

The only redeeming qualities were the bathroom, which was at least clean and bright - and the wonderful free breakfast, which contained a huge variety and was very tasty. One of the best hotel breakfasts we've had in quite a while.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cartersville, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear LexKyMom,

Thank you for sharing your concerns during your stay. I will use them to discuss with the staff so that we can better serve our guests needs. The Porche unfortunately is a guest who unfortunately had to get medical help at the local hospital by ambulance so I haven't been able to get it moved. (Still here today) We hear he is getting better.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and the bathroom cleanliness.

We hope to better serve your needs in the future.

Kevin Callesoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Griffin, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed there May 10th as a last resort. We got tired of driving and decided to pull over. The staff was scatterbrained, gave us the wrong room number, we woke up some poor people at 1am, and had to lug all of our stuff back downstairs to get the correct room number. This wouldn't have bothered us so much except for the fact that when the cost of the room posted to our account, 2 days later, it was charged TWICE. Me and my husband put enough money into this account to cover our vacation expenses and as a result of this mistake, the account was overdrawn. NOT TO MENTION, we have been back and forth with Country Inn & Suites of Cartersville EVERY SINGLE DAY for over a week now trying to get this settled and the money is still not in our account!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I would not stay here again!

When I arrived at this hotel, I was greeted with a sign on the counter that said "Helping a guest, be back in a moment. Thank you for your patience". There is nothing for the guest to utilize to let staff know that a guest is even in the lobby. I was then greeted from behind me by a desk clerk exiting the darkened breakfast area where she was eating (it was approximately 9 pm). She walked across the floor barefoot (and apparently, this is something she does a lot as I noticed her feet were not clean - as though she was outside barefoot as well) to enter the counter area to assist me. During my check-in, she answered her cell phone and just from my half of the conversation, I could determine that she was speaking to her child with the comment, "Wait till after school tomorrow..." After our check-in, she retreated back to her food left in the darkened breakfast area. Extremely unprofessional!

After we brought our belongings to our room, we noticed that the room's air was turned off, so we turned the air conditioner on and retreated outside until the room cooled off, where I noticed the same staff member outside (again, barefoot), sitting on the "front porch" on her cell phone. Hopefully no one called the hotel from the road to try and book a room as we did because I doubt she would even hear it.

Once in our room, I could feel movement in the floor (and creaking) as I walked across the room. I'm not sure what the problem was, but apparently, other rooms had the same issue as I could also hear the ceiling creak as the person upstairs also walked across their room. I was awakened several times during the night as the person upstairs walked across their floor.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MN or UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Overall a decent place, nice and clean. Personally I did not like the layout of the suite, but for some people it might be very nice, there was a front room like a living room with the pull out couch and TV, then there was a separate small room with a king sized bed. The living room area had no window, so felt claustrophobic, on the other hand some people might like the feeling of two rooms.

Was very disappointed the pool was broken. We have been on a long road trip and trying to stay at places with decent pools for the kids to burn off energy and we have been sadly disappointed at many places we have stayed, including this one. Pool was 65 degrees and unusable.

Room Tip: Ask about room layout
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
CartersvilleGM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Cartersville, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
I am very sorry that our pool was out of order. Please call me directly at 770-386-5888 so that we may discuss the issues you had in further detail.

Kevin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was just average, I ended up giving it a 4 overall because of how wonderful the breakfast was. I was upset because we were assured the pool would be functional during our stay, but the heater was out and the water was too cold to swim in when we were there. The rooms weren't spectacular, but they were ok. There was absolutely no sound barrier between the hallway and the front room so it was VERY loud. I would stay here again though, just for the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012
CartersvilleGM, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Cartersville, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comment about our Be our Guest Breakfast. But the negative was what concerned me the most. I am so very sorry about the issues you had during your stay with us. At Country Inn and Suites we love our guests and we want them to feel right at home when they walk in the door and enjoy our amenities. Please contact me so we may talk further about the situation. You may contact me at the office at 770-386-5888.

Rome, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Our ladies church group stayed at this hotel from 1-3March, 2012 to attend the Fresh Manna Woman's Conference at The Church at Liberty Square. We arrived after 10pm on the first night because we went straight to the conference. Our room had 2 queen beds for 4 women but it was great. The only complaint I had was that there were not enough pillows-only 1 apiece. We did have to ask for more towels-again only 4 for 4 women but there was no problem in getting them. The buffet breakfast in the morning consisted of seceral cold cerals, oatmeal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, sunny side up eggs-which were not runny at all! There was also apple juice, orange juice and peach citrus juice blend which was interesting. Also, assorted breads and bagels. There was also toppings for the oatmeal including chocolate chips, brown sugar and cranberries. There was scrambled eggs on Saturday morning along with breakfast potatoes that was not on the previous day's breakfast
There was a pool and hot tub but we didn't utilize it because I was the only one who brought a bathing suit and there were repair men from Direct TV staying there and I didn't feel comfortable being in a mixed group. But it did look inviting. Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank You so much for your wonderful review!! I have shared your kind words about our desk staff to them and they all are very grateful and would love to host you again! If you are ever in the Cartersville area again come on by!!!

Saint Charles, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

I try to always stay at Country Inn and Suites but this one has made me rethink. I wish I had read these reviews because I experienced all the same things. Dirty rooms, TV with fuzzy picture, noisy, people running in room above and that crazy tapping in the wall that didn't stop. Beds were lumpy. Sadly, no one on the staff seemed to care. Ugh

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry for all the issues you had at the hotel. Please call me directly at 770-386-5888 so we can address all that went wrong during your stay. I would love to be able to host you again, and look forward to being able to assist you! Yours In Hospitality,

Director of Sales

Been to Country Inn & Suites Cartersville? Share your experiences!