“excellent HGI” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Cartersville
Sylacauga, Alabama
“excellent HGI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I stay at quite a few Hilton properties on a monthly basis. This is one of, if not the best HGI I've been to. Yes, the place is clean, spacious, and comfortable. But that's not what makes it the best, it's the staff. Without exception, they made us feel like family. I have family that lives in Cartersville and they came over one night for drinks at the bar, and again for breakfast. They were stunned that Cartersville had such a nice place, and I suspect they will return for food and drink again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Angela A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thanks for your survey and the kind words. We appreciate our guest and we are working hard to make things better for your next visit.

Thanks and we hope to see you soon!

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Last week on the 'tornado day' in Bartow County, a colleague and I returned to the hotel mid-morning after we had checked out and left. Tornado sirens were blaring and we sought shelter. Experiencing the terrific staff of this hotel in action was truly impressive: the changing weather was monitored, coffee and lunch was provided to the handful of guests who were temporarily sheltered, the staff assisted with several guests' travel routes, and everyone was kind and calm. Of course our stay at the hotel was seamless - everything was spotless and every employee we met was nice, but the employees just went above and beyond in terms of kindness to stranded travelers and exceptional service. If you need to stay anywhere in this region this is the place to go!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your survey; I could not imagine not being able to get home due to weather. Unexpected situations aren't always budgeted for, so we want people to know that we will do whatever it takes to make our guest feel at home and safe.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you!
Smyrna, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here Sat. Feb. 2, 2013 on our way home from Daytona Beach. Everything about this facility is super nice. The attendant at the desk was very courteous and friendly. This Hilton is very new and beautiful. There are several places to eat with a variety of prices or you can dine in. The road from I-75 to the Hilton is being enlarged but is no real problem. Well worth the money for a nice place like this.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working hard to make your stay even better. Thanks for the survey; we hope to see you again.
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

super nice hotel with great amenities and an super friendly staff! This is the second time I have stayed in at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cartersville and I am impressed! I will continue to stay there in the future. Make sure when you book your reservation on line you pay the extra 3 dollars for the breakfast every morning. It is worth every penny as they will cook you want you want and to your liking! This is a nice BONUS!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We love to hear our guest enjoyed their stay; we take pride in giving great customer service and we have been lucky to get great customers as well.

Thanks for the survey; hope to see you again!
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We came here for a short get away for our 30th anniversary. The room was awesome with a beautiful hot tub surrounded ny columns. the breakfast was wonderful. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel was spotless. we also had dinnner at the Appalachian Grill nearby which is one of our all time favorites.

Room Tip: Ask for a king jacuzzi room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel; we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks for the survey!
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for business many, many times over several years. I'm HHonors diamond and therefore frequent Hilton properties all over the country.
The experience at this HGinn is on par with every other I have ever stayed in terms of cleanliness, amenities, etc.
Where they excel is the friendliness of the staff and price. An absolute wonderful group of people. Speaking to price, it's the least expensive HGinn I have ever seen.

Where they fall short is the internet service. I know it's a trivial reason to knock the rating down a bracket, but as a business traveler it's imperative I be able to work from the hotel. You cannot do that at this hotel unless you are in the lobby on wifi. Both the ethernet cable and the wireless internet are worthless in the rooms. I'm certain I've stayed on every floor with the same experience on each over several dozen stays across 2-3 years.

Having many customers from Cartersville to Chattanooga, I used to stay here a lot but shifted my overnights to Chattanooga at a higher price quite honestly mainly due to the lack of functional internet in the rooms. After at least 6 months, I decided to give it another try. No improvements. It's January 22, 2013. i'm in the room right now typing this using my verizon wireless card because both the wireless connection and the ethernet cable will not even open the homepage inside of 3 minutes. Forget accessing email.

If this one area were addressed, this would be one of the best HGinn's anywhere around.

All this being said, if internet is a non-issue for you, you'll have a great experience at a top notch HGinn for a very competitive price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your survey; I apologize for the inconvenience. We have been working with Pinnacle and At&t to upgrade our Internet for over 6 months. I am happy to say this process is almost complete and we will finally have faster internet. It has been the main complaint for our hotel and I can't wait for it to be upgraded.

Thanks and after the upgrade, We hope to see you again!
Nashville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful and we had no trouble getting a room last minute for our one night stay. We did have breakfast the following morning and it was quite good but it's not included with the room. We would definitely stay here again if passing through the Cartersville area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am happy my staff made sure you enjoyed your stay. If you would like to include breakfast with your rate next stay just ask for the Bed and Breakfast package, it is extremely economical to book the package when you are with a family. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks for the survey!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville? Share your experiences!