“Business Traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Cartersville
Nashville, TN
“Business Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for business many, many times over several years. I'm HHonors diamond and therefore frequent Hilton properties all over the country.
The experience at this HGinn is on par with every other I have ever stayed in terms of cleanliness, amenities, etc.
Where they excel is the friendliness of the staff and price. An absolute wonderful group of people. Speaking to price, it's the least expensive HGinn I have ever seen.

Where they fall short is the internet service. I know it's a trivial reason to knock the rating down a bracket, but as a business traveler it's imperative I be able to work from the hotel. You cannot do that at this hotel unless you are in the lobby on wifi. Both the ethernet cable and the wireless internet are worthless in the rooms. I'm certain I've stayed on every floor with the same experience on each over several dozen stays across 2-3 years.

Having many customers from Cartersville to Chattanooga, I used to stay here a lot but shifted my overnights to Chattanooga at a higher price quite honestly mainly due to the lack of functional internet in the rooms. After at least 6 months, I decided to give it another try. No improvements. It's January 22, 2013. i'm in the room right now typing this using my verizon wireless card because both the wireless connection and the ethernet cable will not even open the homepage inside of 3 minutes. Forget accessing email.

If this one area were addressed, this would be one of the best HGinn's anywhere around.

All this being said, if internet is a non-issue for you, you'll have a great experience at a top notch HGinn for a very competitive price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Angela A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your survey; I apologize for the inconvenience. We have been working with Pinnacle and At&t to upgrade our Internet for over 6 months. I am happy to say this process is almost complete and we will finally have faster internet. It has been the main complaint for our hotel and I can't wait for it to be upgraded.

Thanks and after the upgrade, We hope to see you again!

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff was very friendly and helpful and we had no trouble getting a room last minute for our one night stay. We did have breakfast the following morning and it was quite good but it's not included with the room. We would definitely stay here again if passing through the Cartersville area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Angela A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I am happy my staff made sure you enjoyed your stay. If you would like to include breakfast with your rate next stay just ask for the Bed and Breakfast package, it is extremely economical to book the package when you are with a family. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks for the survey!
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This property is always clean, friendly, professional and well staffed. Our Company Team stay here every visit throughout the year and have never had an issue (other than they don't stock "Hot Damn" at the bar and there are no free meals)...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the survey; I had to contact my Restaurant Manager to find out what "Hot Damn" was. We will definitely look into purchasing that item for you. Thanks for the feedback!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family was staying in town to attend a wedding, and I was the photographer. The front desk manager, at the time of check-in, noticed that I had small children, so since the hotel was not at capacity, he put us in a room with no one adjacent to us so there would be no noise from neighbors waking up the kids. My wife and I were very appreciative of this! This is why I'm an HHonors member, and will only stay at Hilton Brand Hotels.
Yes, the "restaurant" is really just a nice breakfast area. But breakfast both mornings were hot, fresh, and tasted great. My kids loved the fruit and waffles. The wait staff remembered us the second morning and greeted us and the kids, and had coffee for my wife and I on the table by the time we got the kids seated. It was overall a very pleasant, comfortable, and uneventful stay. (Which, to me, with two kids under the age of 3 and traveling, is a very good thing.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay; we hope to see you and your family again. Thank you for the Tripadvisor survey also.
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a business Hotel? No NBC channel at the bar. Can't watch the game... How sad. Had to go to the room for Football. Mgr did find one TV in lobby that had football Chanel.

Nice hotel, two miles off I-75. Large bar area, rooms about average for Hilton Garden, service at front desk and restaurant, both C- Bar staff doing to many other duties and was only available to service bar patrons about 30-35%.

Good menu, but prices 20% higher than most HGI's even including Chicago. Way to high for Atlanta.

Stayed January 2013
Angela A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I apologize about the lack of channels at the bar. We are in the process of making those changes.

Thanks
Milton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We spent a cold rainy night in this ultra clean hotel. Everything looked brand new. I would have thought we were there alone it was so quiet. The room was quite comfortable. The beds are adjustable which was delightful. It felt like the floor in the bathroom was heated but it could just be that the heat rose from the room below us. I would return to this hotel the next time I have the honor of visiting Cartersville, Ga. again

Room Tip: The second floor was great.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thanks you for your response on Tripadvisor. We try really hard to satisfy all of our guest and when we do, it makes us extremely happy to get that feedback. This is why we are here.

Thank you!
JAX Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The wait for breakfast was over an hour & half, staff repeatable shrugged it off, no response from management- not on site. At least at motel 6 you know what you're paying for! Stay started off on a good note, but the unprofessional staff ruin the stay.

• Stayed December 2012
I am so sorry that you had that experience at my hotel. We are usually very slow during the holidays and we did not schedule enough staff. We made sure we gave everyone complimentary breakfast that morning and we are hoping to get another opportunity to show you why we are the best in Cartersville.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Cartersville? Share your experiences!