“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn - Carrollton

You added Quality Inn - Carrollton to your Saves list
Quality Inn - Carrollton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 South Park Street, Carrollton, GA 30117 (Formerly Jameson Inn - Carrollton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carrollton
Algonquin, Illinois
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I was in town for the Thanksgiving holiday to visit my mom. My husband and I drove from Illinois. I just wanted to recognize a young lady by the name of Leann, who assisted me with checkout. She went above and beyond her required responsibilities to provide excellent customer service. She deserves recognition for her kindness and understanding. Thank you

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
JamesonCarrollton, Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent customer service experience with me! As you saw first hand with my employee, LeAnn, we strive to be dedicated to excellence....and I am so happy it shows! Thank you for choosing Jameson Inn. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Standard motel - fairly modest, but the accommodations were clean and comfortable. The room was larger than I expected, which was nice. The bed was good, and no evidence of bed bugs - I had a good, long look to be sure. Very quiet at night, too. You get a bit of traffic noise, but not much. Wifi is free (hurray!) and the connection was excellent.

The staff are quite friendly, and gave me some good advice on places to eat. The inn does offer a continental breakfast in the morning - cereal, toast, oatmeal, waffles (!), coffee, juice, and biscuits and grits. The coffee was excellent and plentiful...just what I needed!

One thing that was especially surprising: the water pressure is excellent, and the hot water is incredibly abundant. I know it sounds a bit silly, but a good shower after a long day of flights and connecting flights is a real luxury.

As an aside - if you are staying at the Jameson, try Billy Bob's BBQ. It's about two blocks away (the staff can give you directions). There aren't very many sidewalks in the area, but it's a quick trip and well worth it. The staff recommended it to me, and the food is amazing.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about how much you enjoyed your stay! You are right ,a good bed, a good shower with an abundant of hot water, and good water pressure can be a real luxury. I am happy we had all of these for you. Free Wifi with excellent connection and great food only a couple of blocks away only adds real luxury without the luxury prices. We look forward to seeing you again.
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel was obviously a little older, but it was clean and just right for an overnight stay while visiting Univ. of West Ga. The included breakfast was basic, but again, this is not a high dollar luxury hotel. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend asking for a room toward the back, as the rooms on the front are facing the road, although the noise wasn't too bad and didn't disrupt our sleep. If I were to stay overnight in Carrollton again, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
JamesonCarrollton, General Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your visit to Carrollton, Georgia. I am thrilled to know my team took care of your lodgings needs when I was away. Your post is appreciated and confirms that my team is always dedicated to excellence in every aspect of our guest's experience.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs when you pass our way again!

Thanks again for sharing!
Jameson Inn
Carrollton, GA
guysmom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Hubby & I had to be in Carrollton for a wedding on Saturday 9/24. On Friday 9/23, I began
searching online for different places to stay that were close to the wedding site. Based on reading the other online reviews, I called the Jameson Inn. The employee that worked with me on the phone was absolutely SUPERB!! I believe her name was Cathy (please forgive me if I'm wrong!) She said she usually worked 3rd shift but was on 2nd shift that night. She absolutely did her best to find me the best rate to accommodate us on the lower level, pet-friendly area, which is what we needed. She was outgoing over the phone, friendly and just a pleasure to speak with. We arranged for a room for the next day, for one night.

Upon arrival on Saturday, we were greeted by Amanda.....another GEM!! (Again, I believe that was her name, and forgive me if I'm wrong!) We arrived at 5 pm and had to be at the wedding at 5:30, but the Inn was only 2 miles from the wedding site, so that was great! Our room was Room 109....a non-smoking room with a King-Sized bed, as arranged. It was clean and fresh-smelling, which is great when you are in a pet-friendly room! I observed that there were two wall sockets, one each on the left and right wall, over by the sink/vanity area. I needed to freshen up my hair-do quickly, and got out my curling iron, and plugged it into one of the outlets.....NOTHING!! I tried the outlet on the other wall....NOTHING!! So I
checked on the built-in blow dryer that was attached to the wall...NOTHING!! So I did find
another outlet that worked...the one that was built in to the lamp on the desk, and propped my mirror up against the lamp and was able to fix my hair.

Just about that time, Amanda called the room to see if everything was to our satisfaction. I mentioned the 2 dead outlets, and she said she would report it and have it repaired. I told her that we were fine, as we found other outlets that worked, and were only here for an overnight stay, but that it would be a good thing if the Inn could get this fixed for the next guest! She agreed and said she hoped to have someone repair it after we left the next day.

At night, we were pleasantly surprised at the quietness, considering our room was in the front of the complex, facing the main road. Once in a great while, we would hear a large truck roll by on the road, but it was nothing that kept us awake. Our King-size bed was very comfy and the sheets were very clean and crisp. Our room also had a fridge/microwave
combo, which was an added feature that we made use of! I found the free WiFi to run smoothly, with no connection issues.

Sunday morning, we went over for breakfast around 8:50 am -- breakfast is served from
5:30 - 9:30 am. Breakfast was a BIG disappointment to me.....ALL STARCHES!!! NO PROTEIN (unless you drank a glass of milk)! NO yogurt - NO fruit!! Only waffles, bagles, muffins, biscuits & gravy, toast, & cereal (hot & cold). There were NO STYROFOAM BOWLS to eat the cereal out of...we were told we had to use the styrofoam cups. There were small 4 oz. containers of OJ & apple juice in a small fridge, and lodgers could help themselves to that. There was NO Decaf coffee--only regular, as least on this Sunday--don't know if it's always that way. It would have been SOOooooo nice to have had some fruit and/or yogurt to provide a balanced breakfast. So that was a disappointment.

Checkout.....went smoothly with no issues....EXCEPT THAT the young lady who checked
me out, Nicole, NEVER SMILED!!! Also, she NEVER asked if our stay was satisfactory, or
ANYTHING!! She really didn't say anything, and came across as VERY unfriendly, uncaring and lackadaisical. She could just have been having a difficult day or something, and hopefully she does smile at her guests once in a while. But my impression of Nicole on checkout was less than positive.

All in all, I would stay here again if I was in Carrollton, but I would tell others who asked that the breakfast is lacking. And if anyone reading this stays in Room 109, I would be interested in knowing if the issue with the 2 dead wall sockets has been resolved. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to share your comments from your visit to Carrollton, Georgia. Your feedback is very important to us as it is our goal to provide excellent service to each of our guests. Your feedback is a great tool for us to use to continue to train our employees on the quality of service we expect from everyone. The outlets you mentioned were taken care of the day you left. I regret a staff member did not press the reset button on the outlet to put it back into operation for you. This training issue has been addressed. Thank you again for you feedback.

We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs when you visit Carrollton again!

Jameson Inn
Carrollton, GA
Barnesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I spent a week at this place for a class and it was alright until I turned on my laptop. I was getting speeds less than 0.29 Mbps on my first night. I asked front desk if there was something wrong with the network and she asked that I would try the one in the lobby. But that too was slow.
There were only a few guest here, so not a lot of people was taking up that much from the network wifi. Several days later I asked a new front desk clerk and she gave me an adapter to improve my connection, That failed and the hotline for the wifi didn't helped either. It was so slow that my buddy's phone was a lot faster picking up local restuarants to go to.
I rate this place as average, its nice if you just need a room to stay in, there were no bedbugs and that was a plus. But if you need to check your email or surf the net, try going to Mcdonald's instead.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JamesonCarrollton, Manager at Quality Inn - Carrollton, responded to this review, November 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay at Jameson Inn. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the unusually slow Wi-fi service and our provider has worked on it and I am happy to report it is back up to speed. We look forward to your next stay at the Jameson Inn when ever you are in Carrollton.

Guangzhou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

This is a really nice reception. I am from China and they help me so much in everything. I love this hotel.
Weidong Zhou

Room Tip: I can see the magic flower when I open the door, and I don't know how they make this nice view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how much you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will choose Jameson Inn again the next time you are in Carrollton.

Hurley, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Let me begin by saying we usually stay in Hampton Inns or new Holiday Inn express. The price at this Jameson was so much cheaper , the reviews were good & based on the recommendation of a friend we decided to stay there. The complex is older but is very well maintained. All of the exterior is very clean and well kept. We had a king room that you could also tell was older but had been very nicely redone and was very clean!! The bed was very comfortable as well. This hotel overall was a very pleasant surprise. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Carrollton area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Jameson Inn with us! We are happy we could save you money. We appreciate you letting us know how confortable your bed was and now clean and pleasant the hotel was. Thank you for recommending us as a place to stay in the Carrollton area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Laura Armstrong

Been to Quality Inn - Carrollton? Share your experiences!