We visited friends for Christmas, and chose this hotel because we usually have a great stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. They didn't disappoint. Greeted as the last check-ins, the front desk clerks gave us a warm welcome. There were no noise issues, but then, being Christmas, there were few guests. No hotel has much, in the way of sound-proofing, so I attribute any undue noise, to inconsiderate lodgers. The man who checked in right before us, didn't return the TWO luggage carts to the lobby, and took up two parking spaces.
We got checked out a day early, but that was an easy fix. The room was well set and clean, but I'm not loving the HIE's new vessel sinks --they must be a hassle for the housekeepers to clean.
Kate S., in her review, mentioned the mold around the tub. We had that, too, as someone on their maintenence staff things caulking fixes everything. He did not remove the mold, first --just caulked over it. Also, we reported that our toilet was loose, as a courtesy, and they are aware of the problem. It's being fixed, in several rooms. I don't blame the hotel, I blame the contractor/plumber. Still, it's not enough to make me give a bad review, overall.
This property is located a minute's walk from Cracker Barrel, and just a couple blocks from shopping and other good restaurants. We recommend "Johnny's New York Pizza", if you're in the mood. They don't deliver, but it's worth the short drive. I'll review it, under "Restaurants".
The only caveat, is that you should be cautious using GPS to get here. It's wrong, and will lead you to a "do not enter" street, just shy of the I-515 overpass, so be aware of that.
We thought this was an excellent value. With an applied discount, our rate was $84 for the extra space of a king suite. Breakfast was ample, staff was friendly, and room was clean. What more can you ask for?
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Canton Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Canton Hotel Canton
- Holiday Inn Canton
- Canton Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a true Southern Hospitality experience, come visit beautiful Canton, Georgia, and Stay Smart at the Canton Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites. This Canton, GA hotel is located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains in the heart of Cherokee County, just off I-575 N, exit 20. Only minutes from Woodstock, GA, Jasper, GA, Ellijay, GA, and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Enjoy the warm surroundings that make this Canton hotel special and you will feel at home away from home. We are now proudly offering our complimentary Express Start Breakfast featuring two hot items daily - omelets w/cheese, sausage or bacon, biscuits and gravy.Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet. All rooms include a microwave, refrigerator, iron and board, coffeemaker, hair dryer, 2 phones with data port and voicemail, work desk w/ chair, cable TV with HBO.Meeting facilities available. On-site fitness center. Jacuzzi suites available. Grill and picnic area. Dozens of restaurants close by, and a shopping mall is within walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Canton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.