“disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Calhoun
Clearwater, Florida
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had always stayed at the Hampton Inn at this exit when travelling back and forth to Florida but it has changed hands so we decided to try the Laquinta. Have stayed at LQ's in the past but will NEVER stay here again. Filthy carpet, bad animal odors, no air conditioning in the hallways, black mold in the dining room fridge and woke up with bites in our legs. LaQuinta should revoke their partnership in their chain as this hotel does not measure up. Tried to lodge a complaint online and only received a computer generated response. Showed a total lack of interest on the manager's part. The young lady at the front desk however was a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Collinsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel has dirty stairways,The manager was rude. They Change your booking information then argue with you about it.The stairways are narrow, and the carpet needs replacing has tears in it.Not to mention they have no elevators to the upstairs. I hope you are not handicapped and have a strong back. better hope the sprinkler system works as narrow as the stairway is you probably would get trampled getting out of the upstairs level.Be careful booking they tell you one thing and when you get there your information and there information certainly will not match.

Room Tip: Do not stay upstairs at all
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bartlett, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have stayed at many different La Quintas in the past because we travel with pets. They are usually fine, not where I would stay if I didn't travel with pets, but clean & friendly. This did not happen at the hotel in Calhoun,GA. First off we were traveling with our grandkids who planned on using the pool but the pool was closed and they never bothered to mention it when I made the reservation earlier that week. Second they have no elevator. We had to haul luggage for four and the pets up the stairs. The entire hotel looks tired, in need of a good cleaning and new bedspreads. I was glad we were only there for one short night. We will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at La Quinta Inn & Suites in Calhoun, GA. The staff was very friendly and the hotel location was convenient. The room was clean and very comfortable. I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the overall quality, cost, cleanliness and comfort of this hotel. When I am on the road, I will definitely be "waking up on the bright side!"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Employees were very helpful to our family. We had two handicapped people in our party and they did everyyhing to make our stay pleasant.They answered all questions we had about the area and directed us where we wanted to go.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Georgetown, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had been at this hotel before & liked this place because we have pets, but this stay was not good at all. We were here for a funeral & were staying for two nights, but ended up only staying for one. I had asked when booking my room to not put us by the back door, but to my surprise, we were. I said something to the lady at the desk & she said, "Well that's all we have". Then she told me I couldn't leave the dogs alone in the room by themselves. I had already told her we were here for a funeral. I told her I didn't want maid service & she said I had to have it. When we got to the room, you could tell the rug hadn't been cleaned in awhile because there was pee stain on the rug everywhere & it smelled. My dogs take a pill for fleas, but there was something in the room, because all of us were scratching. Everytime the door opened outside, it slammed shut. Needless to say, this is why I didn't want to be near the back door. All of us had a terrible night between scratching & hearing the door slamming. We checked out the next morning & went to another place. Won't be going back there again. My dogs had spots on their bodies from something in that room.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel until they clean up their act.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Calhoun? Share your experiences!