“Warning!!! Very bad experience here!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Byron
Atlanta, Georgia
“Warning!!! Very bad experience here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

WARNING!!!! We had a terrible experience here. We had a booking problem with a reservation and contacted the hotel about the matter. The manager provided information that I do not feel was true. In fact, I told her that, if necessary, I would talk with other guests upon my arrival to prove that her explanation was not an honest one. When confronted about the matter, she was at first helpful. She said she would try to find a solution and promised to call me back shortly.

Though she failed to call again, as promised, she had the front desk clerk call me to tell me that we had a reservation for 2 rooms and that the matter had been handled (this was 9:55 am on 9/4/10). Hours later, the manager called and said that we did NOT have a reservation and that she and decided that based on my earlier complaint, she would not allow us to stay in the hotel. Her behavior was bizarre. By this time, we were already on our way to the Byron area.

I contacted Priority Club at Holiday Inn. I have been a Priority Club member for years. I advised them of the situation and they contacted the manager. Guest services at Priority Club said she stated that the clerk had never called us (though my cell phone records clearly reflect that I received 2 calls from the hotel - one at 9:55 am and another at 10:26 am). This was clearly untrue. Furthermore, guest services said the manager said she had offered me a free room and that I had refused to accept it. This was also blatantly false.

I asked that guest services place us (manager, guest services, and me) on a conference call so that we could resolve the matter. The manager refused to agree to such a call. Suspicious, isn't it?

This is the worst service I have ever received at a hotel. I believe it is because the manager knew that she had been dishonest with me and that my questioning of other guests would clearly show that.

I have stayed in Holiday Inns in Poland, France, Italy, and throughout the U.S. It may be a long time before I stay at Holiday Inn again. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at any hotel. I am filing a formal complaint at Holiday Inn.

In the meantime, my advice to anyone seeking a hotel in this area is to AVOID this one. There are plenty of other hotels in the vicinity. In fact, we enjoyed 2 nights at a Comfort Inn in this area after this incident. Again, WARNING!! we had serious, serious problems here.

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Preetii, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Guest was looking for Kids suite and we did not have that available, we only have 2 on property. Guest got very angry threatening that we will suffer for this, he will take any room at the hotel and speak with all the guests and disrupt our business. We offered him another suite previous to that and he refused stating that he needed the kids suites, he would get one suite with his priority club points and other one we were willing to work with him on. He was basically threatening that he will not let this go and complaint on Tripadvisor and create hell for us; which he has done. At this point we decided to refuse his business. He then stayed at comfort inn and suites in Warner robbins airforce base and just do be vindictive gave them a good review as he has never reviewed hotels before on tripadvisor. We have good hotel with good service however we don't take kindly to threats; thats only fair; we treat our guests with respect and deserve the same in return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Loveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Morning breakfast bar was well stocked and attendants were attentive. Rooms are nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Byron, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I am sitting in this motel writing this review at midnight. I stopped because of the huge billboards that said new rooms. When I asked they said well they are newly remodeled. well it would have been nice if they bought new towels and sheets because everything in the room was dingy and I was afraid to even use the towels they looked so dirty, not to mention the water damage in my shower. I will never stay in another Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Palm Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I had reserved this hotel for one night on our way to Tn. from FL. because they offered a 'family suite' which included a seperate sleeping room with bunk beds for our two teenagers. This additional room was pretty much closet sized, a toddler table a TV and bunk beds with 4 inch mattresses. My boys were happy to have a space of their own until about 12:30 a.m. when they noticed bugs on their wall. I was too tired to pack up and leave so we pushed the beds away from the wall only to discover more and more bugs on the carpet and coming from the base boards. My husband told the front desk about the problem and the clerk came into the room to spray some kind of degreasing product on the wall as a solution!!! I guess it killed the bugs but there was no offer to comp our room or any indication that this was even unusual. If I hadn't been so exhausted and anywhere but Bryon, Ga. (not a lot of hotels there....) I would have left. The breakfast bar in the a.m. was lame, nothing hot besides toast and bagels. This hotel was very inexpensive but once again proves that YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Ecellent quality and service. Big rooms with everything you need for a business trip.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Seneca, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel July 8th-11th. Overall, we had an OK stay at the hotel. The staff went above AND beyond to make sure we had what we needed, and were very friendly. The breakfast bar was good and clean.

The only bad thing I can say is that the shower in the room, was a mess. There looked to be what I think is water damage on the ceiling with a hole you could see up through which made us not want to shower. I didn't complain because we aren't the type to make a big deal about it. Here is a picture of the shower:

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Another night at another holiday inn, After expecting the usual warm hospitality and flawless rooms I was yet suprised again when without being prompted I was assisted in a way I would never expect. Upon entering the continental breakfast area (widest variety of choices I have seen yet) A young lady appeared out of nowhere and escorted me down the breakfast line asking what I would like and fixing a plate for me! This has never happened before, She seated me and told me to let her know if I needed anything. I use a cane to walk and she took it upon herself to assist me in a way most people never give a second thought to.She was very polite and not overbearing. I believe her name is Komeel, I thanked Komeel as I left and with her genuine demeanor she thanked me for visiting Holiday Inn. I always stay at holiday inn, and priority club has been a must for over 10 years. This hotel will not disappoint!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byron? Share your experiences!