“A Hidden Gem that is now Pet Friendly!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7000 Lanier Islands Pkwy, Buford, GA 30518   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gainesville, Florida
“A Hidden Gem that is now Pet Friendly!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Attended a recent medical meeting on site and stayed in one of the lakeside villas that is a short walk uphill to the conference center/main lodge. My one bedroom, king bedded villa was very nice with a beautiful view of the lake and walkout patio area on ground floor. Access required walking down two flights of stairs so request upper (larger) villa accommodation if stairs are a problem. Room included a wet bar with coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. After arriving on site I found out that they are now pet friendly with a one-time $75 fee per stay for pets 80# or less (but not in villas unfortunately). I definitely plan on bringing my dog next time and hope to take advantage of the hiking trails on this spectacular property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Stephanie_Orr, General Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write your recent review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Legacy Villas. We really hope to accommodate you on your return and be sure to bring your pet! So far, the LakeHouses seem to be very popular with our visitors traveling with pets.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here for a Physician Assistant conference March 2014. Usually you have to drive somewhere up north to find a place this beautiful. This place was fantastic! The staff was superb! I was pleasantly surprised. Once You are there, there's no reason to leave this place.

I had a quiet first-floor room with a sliding patio door that opened up to a quiet, and I mean quiet lake!

My 21st wedding anniversary is in May and we can't go far this year....however, I think we will stay here!

Thanks Legacy Lodge!

• Stayed March 2014
We're delighted to hear that you had such a nice time with us. We hope that you do consider us for your upcoming anniversary. Maybe even try one of our Romance or Spa Packages.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Though I live in Atlanta, I was looking for a change of scenery and relaxation destination that was not too far way. Love the lodge atmosphere in the lobby and how the theme is carried through with the furniture, lamp and mirror décor in each room. Lovely balcony views and wicker seating. It is a bit odd how each balcony has railings that remind one of police blockades...suggest painting them a neutral/natural color, rather than the stark white. Fire pits give you the opportunity to sit out on a chilly evening and meet other guests or spend some time alone. Good walking trails, swings overlooking the lake, and highly recommend renting a golf cart for an hour just to ride around the property. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay here at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Our fire pits are a great addition to Legacy Lodge and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed them. It is our hope that you plan on a return stay!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Just this week our Operations Managemnt Team shared a day and a half conference at the Lodge. The atmosphere was so relaxing. The wonderful event started with the valet staff and continued thru registration, security and meal planning and service. I for one had a wonderful experience. The resort was in order from the main road throughout many internal feeder roads, beautiful. The landscapes were already cleared of any evidence of the ice storm two weeks prior. I found the resort and the lodge extremely neat. My room was top of the line but keeping to the cozy lodge feeling. The tile, dark wood, bronzed bathroom accents, marble countertops and towel bench made it seem like I was in a refreshing spa. Great choice of the Starbucks Coffee in room! Great stay, I can't wait to return for a little down time with the hubby!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear about your most recent stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and we appreciate all your kind words. We look forward to seeing you here again very soon!
Elberton, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Enjoyed my second year at Legacy Lodge for an Anchor Convention. The property is beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I LOST my wedding band on the trip. When I called the Lodge they immediately checked my room and phoned me back. They didn't locate it then, but they found it the next morning. THEY called to let me know the ring had been found and mailed me the ring. The ring is only expensive on a sentimental level.
THANK YOU!!
My only complaint of this Lodge is the lightening of the bathroom. I love to have more light for putting on makeup.

STILL THANK YOU AGAIN for your Staff and their prompt attention to my ring.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
We were so very happy to help reconnect you with a very important and sentimental piece. We're happy you enjoyed the property on your stay and will take your lighting notes under review. We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I feel for this hotel. Everyone is very nice, but how much business can they get in the off season? Because of this, the rooms are a bit dated - no deadbolt on the door - and the furnishings are not what you might find in more upscale hotels. I had a spider in my room, and a colleague had ants in hers. The bedding really needs updating. I did appreciate the Starbucks coffee in the room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback during your most recent visit to Lake Lanier Islands Resort. Please know that your concerns have been addressed with the proper department manager.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

A beautiful property and the staff is very friendly. I was there on business and the conference area is excellent for groups. I also used the tennis courts which need a little updating. I also enjoyed the fire pits overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: This is a beautiful Resort and the rooms are very nice but unfortunately you can hear your neighbors...