This was our annual Christmas trip (third year) to visit Lake Lanier and the Magical Night of Lights. Thankfully the rain stopped so we could enjoy the carnival/pony rides in addition to seeing all the light displays....the weather had warmed up so we were thrilled. I especially enjoyed the new Live Nativity scene that was added to the "Magical Light" attraction. After enjoying the carnival rides, we treated ourselves to some snacks.....caramel apple was delicious, the pizza was fresh/hot, the burger was big/juicy, the popcorn was fresh/tasty, and my husband tried the cinnamon glazed cashews which he enjoyed.....the prices were about the same as buying snacks at the movie theater. Normally we'd previously visited on New Year's Eve (less crowded) but this year we decied to go on Dec. 21...more people in wet weather = more foot traffic to the restroom = needed more attention - but we survived and it didn't ruin our visit. We stayed at the Legacy Lodge for a night and when we arrived back, parking was a bit challenging with other people being there for other functions vs. actual guests with room reservations. I purhased the holiday package so my son could have "Breakfast with Santa"; I assumed Santa would be at the Windows Legacy Lodge Restaurant in the morning when we arrived to eat at 9am. The communication at check-in as well as on my reservation did not indicate Santa would be in another room for the breakfast. So, as we were eating our breakfast at Windows, thankfully I heard the waitress tell someone else that Santa was actually in another room for the breakfast down the hall and around the corner. We finished our meal and eventually found the room with Santa, since we'd already eaten, my son just wanted to see/speak to Santa -- so it worked out. Next time I'll know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lanier Islands boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities to curate the perfect experience year round, from a water park to diverse dining options and a spa. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with your stay, which will surely be treasured long after your bags have been unpacked. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Legacy Lodge & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier