“Just right for a getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Legacy Lodge & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7000 Lanier Islands Pkwy, Buford, GA 30518   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Atlanta, GA
“Just right for a getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I live in north Atlanta and recently spent a night at Legacy Lodge just as a little getaway from real life. The hotel itself is very pretty, perfectly comfortable and features all the bells and whistles a discerning traveler would want: choice of restaurants, good bathroom products and nicely finished bathroom. Brittany checked us in and she was very pleasant and helpful. Our restaurant server at Bullfrogs was also very friendly and was able to make recommendations on the food. The bed was firm which I don't care for so much, but you might love it. We were at the hotel on a Saturday night during the Lights festival. We did not drive through the lights as we have done that before and once is really enough. But we did go to the Christmas village and spent some time ice skating. The rink is just as small as the one at Centennial Park, but far less crowded and they actually resurfaced while we were there which was nice. I recommend this hotel to couples or families for a simple getaway and it looks like there will be a very nice indoor pool option available soon when they finish remodeling the pool area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We appreciate your recent review and recommendations to other travelers looking to visit our Resort. We'll be sure to pass along your kind reviews about our staff as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very nice. The heated pool and Jacuzzi were closed, perhaps they should take off the amenity upcharge while this renovation process is going on. Perhaps I am just spoiled, but I was not that impressed with the light show. I would have been disappointed if I had spent the $60 entrance fee. There are so many advertisements and everything is extra like ice skating and amusement rides. I wish I could give it a higher review but I cannot because I would not recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank GTechMom
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We especially enjoyed reading the nice compliments you gave our staff! We do apologize that the pool was not accessible during your stay due to the renovations being done to it. It is our hope that you and your family will plan a return trip back and perhaps visit LanierWorld, our beach and water park this summer! We truly value all of our guests!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My family stayed here recently for the "lights" tour and loved it. Very clean and comfortable rooms, great service, and a beautiful lodge atmosphere. Reasonably priced and lots of amenities make it the best in Atlanta-area Christmas lights tour. I like the lights better in Callaway, but the lodge here is the best!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Atlanta_GeorgiaTerry
We thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your most recent stay here with us at Legacy Lodge and Conference Center at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all the amenities that we offer here. It is our hope that you will visit us again soon!
Newnan, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Windows restaurant had an awesome breakfast buffet, and the Lake view was breathtaking, kids loved it. Staff at the Lodge were very nice and seemed to enjoy their job. Getting to the Lodge from the main gate was a little tricky for us, and the "valet parking" entrance was blocked off with orange cones, so we had to figure out where the main Lodge entrance was on our own. Pillow-Top mattresses were lacking severely in comfort, rough nights sleep.
Below is an exact copy of the message that I submitted to the "Legacy Lodge & Conference Center" via their website in answer to their "recommendations for us" section. We checked in the afternoon of 11/23/2013 and checked-out the morning of 11/24/2013.

"You need to change your email confirmations to advise patrons that the activities that are listed on the confirmation MAY NOT be available. My confirmation said there was a "heated pool", IT IS UNDER RENOVATION. My confirmation said there was a ping pong table AND pool table, there was NO ping pong table because we were told "it had to be removed to make room for the pool table". My confirmation states there is a jacuzzi, but we asked, and was told there was not one?? The wording is NOT CLEAR that I would have to pay an extra $10 to get in the main gate, where my "description of charges" listed a $10 charge, but my confirmation said "There is a $10.00 one-time charge for the entrance Gate Fee. You will receive your gate pass upon checking into the resort.", but I could not check in to the resort without having to pay the $10 gate charge. I am still confused about this. My family and I were HIGHLY disappointed at the quantity, or lack thereof, of the Christmas lights. It looks as though you receive a TON of money for advertising - DISPLAYED PROMINENTLY - but the lights displayed were lacking quite a bit. The app for the Christmas in Lights was hilarious. 3-5 minutes of advertisements at the beginning, really?!?! The amenities listed for the Legacy Lodge was one of the things that really helped me to make my decision to book with Lake Lanier Resorts, but the disappointment my family and I received during our stay will definitly keep me from booking there again. It is hard for me to stomach that I paid right at $300 for this one night stay, and not being able to brag about it to friends, family, or Trip Advisor, but I am planning to fully fill out a Trip Advisor information form for my visit. Also, when I selected my "package", I chose the 2 wristband/pony ride extra option, but was not made aware until getting the wristbands at the carnival, that only children UNDER 80 lbs could ride the ponies, so those 2 tickets went to waste. When we got in our room, my wife went to the bathroom in our room and was horrified to find what appeared to be dried feces on the toilet seat. She had to wet toilet tissue and use soap and scrub the seat before using the bathroom. My kids thought the balcony was awesome, that is until they got out there and I asked them to close the sliding door because it was letting the cold air in, and the door seemed stuck open, and they could not close it, and when I went to close the door, the bottom of the door came off the track???, and luckily it did not fall out or in, and I was able to get it back on the track and closed. This may be "picking hairs", but I travel a lot for work, and I have stayed in some MUCH less extravagant hotels and at the very least, there was a microwave (which Lanier does not have), not to mention, a lot better cable tv service. The channels, not that there were that many to choose from at your "resort", were not very clear. To sum up what I have written, not that I truly expect that it will even be read, I am BEYOND beside myself with the price that you charge for "stays", "services", "amenities" that your "resort" provides. Truly, truly, sad."

Room Tip: We stayed in room 312 at the Lodge. Just a heads up.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank 0970ChrisC2013
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the issues experienced during your visit. We do appreciate your compliments about the staff and Windows restaurant. The other concerns mentioned in your review has been discussed with management and housekeeping.

Thanks for your detailed review and we hope that you'll consider us in the future.
Fayetteville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I attended a large event at the Legacy Lodge and Convention Center, and was amazed by the 'hidden gem' quality of this wonderful place. While my accommodations were not in the main Lodge, I heard only good things from fellow attendees about their rooms. I was situated in one of the King Villa Suites -- it was incredible! A small private patio, overlooking Lake Lanier allowed me to greet each day with the rising sun. Lovely trails throughout the grounds made for easy photo walkabouts during my stay. Various options for food available on-site made eating easy and convenient. The staff of this facility may well be the best I have ever experienced -- very helpful, extremely courteous, and they each seemed genuinely happy to have us there. I have no idea when it might be, but I am already looking forward to my return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your most recent stay here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We are thrilled to share this with our staff. The grounds here at the resort have so much natural beauty and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the trails. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. Was surprised at the level of finished throughout the lodge and on the grounds. Great place to come for a weekend with the family - activities for kids of most ages. Large pool to swim in at the lodge, and a gorgeous gas fireplace at one end of the pool to relax around. Great vistas of the lake, and every room has a balcony. Food was good although not great, and service was without exception friendly and welcoming.

The rooms are medium sized. I found my mattress too stiff, but that may have simply been my taste. Clean and well maintained, HBO and on demand movies in the room. Although the finish and the comfort level aren't quite like the Reynold's Plantation Ritz Carlton, it is closer than you would think, and half the price (or less)!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for your very detailed review of the property and your experience while staying here. We're happy to share these comments with our staff and hope that your conference again chooses Legacy Lodge & Conference Center!
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The views of the lake are spectacular in this location. The hotel has well appointed rooms and nice amenities on property. The staff was kind and accommodating during my stay. The thing holding back a higher rating was the lack of a few amenities that are more standard in hotels of this caliber. I would have expected a room safe. That was not available. Some of the major cable channels were not available, impeding guest ability to watch sporting events. And, at check in I was placed in a room that still had dirty laundry from the previous occupant.

The staff was solid at hearing my concerns, and those that could be remedied were addressed quickly and to my satisfaction. However not having a safe in the room and not having access to standard entertainment are concerns especially troublesome when at a location as remote as this.

The pool, the fire pits, the event areas and the conference center were well appointed and had very good wireless internet service. The food was well prepared and the catering services were solid. The meetings space accommodated my group nicely. We had sessions for 225 plus that were just as well organized as sessions for 20. Rooms were ready in a timely manner and were clean. Overall, it was a very good experience with a few key missteps that prevented it from being truly exceptional.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are not on lobby level, that is the 3rd floor. The rooms on the lake side of...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sholas007
We are very sorry to hear about your experience at check-in and rest assured that we have already discussed this issue with housekeeping.

Thanks for your review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Courtyard Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Buford / Mall of Georgia

Been to Legacy Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!