“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Buford
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Staff very professional and attentive. Plan to make my visit an annual event. Lauren and Chris were awesome. They were dedicated to making sure my stay was pleasant. I will definatly recommend this resort to family and friends. Second stay and each visit gets better and better. Thanks for a pleasant experience

• Stayed September 2013
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, especially in regards to Lauren and Chris. We will let them both know of your satisfaction with their hospitality. Looking forward to your return to Lake Lanier Islands!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Buford, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This review goes to show that the small things, in this case, an expexctaion, can ruin ones expirience. I expected that we would be able to use hotel transportation to get around the property easier than with our car. We waited an hour - till 11pm to be picked up from the waterpark and taken to our room. The we expected to be able to go to sleep when we got back to the room. That was not to be with the wedding reception pounding on until 12:45am. Then there where the wedding guests piling into the hotel for the next 1/2 hour. Im usually A good sport. But this hotel caters to weddings. That's where they make their big money. So don't expect any sympathy or accommodation from the hotel staff. Grrrrr

• Stayed September 2013
We are very apologetic that your experience was not a positive one. We honor all of our guests and do not place any special “category” onto anyone. Our social event contracts have a time limit on noise and music and our security team is to monitor. It seems we failed to do so during your stay in regards to the wedding in question. Please do not think we do not honor all guests at all times and think of yourself as being differently treated. I am guessing that you might not have reported the noise to our staff? We can create a wonderful environment however once the human element is added we have to do a better job of monitoring behaviors. Our team is hopeful you might reconsider returning and allowing us another chance to create what you expected.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is on a beautiful piece of property--the grounds appeared to be very well kept and the natural beauty is wonderful. The public spaces in the lodge are lovely and appropriately decorated for the setting. We stayed for two nights in early August for a small family gathering. We booked our room in June which I believe is probably a fairly late booking for that time of year. There were 6 or 7 weddings scheduled at the facility that weekend and I would guess that many of the guests for those events booked far earlier than we did. We had a very limited choice of rooms according to the website. We booked a double queen room but could not get a room with a view of the lake. The room we ended up with was at the very end of a hallway. The balcony was next to a large retaining wall and overlooked a rustic/natural area on the side of the building. It was so dark in the room that we had difficulty reading anything. There was limited natural light --even mid day because of the location and there were only two lamps in the room with low wattage bulbs in them. One of the mattresses in our room was so lopsided that my husband thought he was rolling downhill all night. Fortunately the other bed was ok. The room was clean but small as was the bathroom. The decor was nice--I think--it was so dark that it was a little bit difficult to tell. I am sure we had a standard room but for the price, I think it was even a little sub standard. We ate at Bullfrogs and it was pleasant and the staff was very gracious and helpful. We also had the Saturday evening steakhouse buffet and we were pleasantly surprised at the food. It was quite nice. The only problem was a little mixup between the staff at Bullfrogs and the dining room. We had drinks at Bullfrogs before we went to the dining room. Several of us were not quite finished with our drinks when it was time to go upstairs for our dinner reservations and the bartender told us it would be fine to take the drinks with us to the dining room. The wait staff in the dining room told us that we absolutely could not bring our drinks into the room. They finally relented when we told them what had happened, but they were not happy about it. I was actually surprised because I thought both operations were owned and operated by the Legacy Lodge. I do understand that it was a very busy time of year for the staff but I do not think that situation was handled with finesse. Overall, I thought the price of our room was a bit much for what we ended up with--I believe we paid about $270 per night--and I do believe that all of the staff should be well informed of the rules and regulations so that situations like we encountered entering the dining room with our beverages would be avoided--I was rather embarrassed by the incident.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property and the wonderful compliments to our resort’s beauty. We apologize for the lack of lighting in your guest room and will review adding additional light fixtures. It is our hope that you and your family will plan a return trip to enjoy the beautiful colors of Autumn. A room located on a higher floor would definitely provide you with an awesome view. Your compliments on our restaurant staff and food are most appreciated. We do apologize for the disconnection in communication regarding your drinks being allowed from one restaurant to the other. Your feedback helps us educate and retrain our staff to uphold our high standards here at Lake Lanier Islands. We hope to see you and your family again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference recently and at first was impressed. The grounds are very well kept and the resort looks great. Unfortunately the service here is spotty at best. The front desk and bar (Bullfrogs) are great however beyond these 2 areas you can universally expect a ything from disinterest to outright rudeness. The resort touts their access ability through cell phones which is great when answered except after a certain time it appears that phones are ignored resulting in our group being stranded waiting for a shuttle bus. As part of our conference several activities were organized including fishing, golf and spa visits. The hotel forgot to organize the fishing trip and the spa reservations were lost. Food is a challenge at the resort with a buffet and bar food being your only real options which is a surprise for a resort that is priced along the lines of Reynolds Plantation. I could go on and mention the lack luster gym with poorly maintained equipment etc but basically this resort looks great but is a hollow imitation of what a resort should be. If you are planning a conference look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us here at Lake Lanier Islands Resort. We sincerely apologize for the trouble you experienced with the activities you had planned to participate in. We are looking into your information about the hotel not setting up events as this is highly unusual. You reference this was a convention that means there are signed off documents for each event called BEO's. Since we do not know which convention you were with, we will pull and review and issues related to what you posted in an attempt to find out what happened and why. We apologize either way. We do have several food options such as Bullfrogs, Windows, Butler's Pantry, Gianni's, Sunset Cove, Tads, Dog & Draft. Our fitness equipment I personally checked after reading your comments and we could not find anything not working or damaged etc. We service our fitness equipment daily and maintain that location several times throughout the day and night. We apologize that our fitness center did not meet your expectations. There is never a reason for staff rudeness and we have turned over your survey to our Director of Human Resources to review and address with staff. Since you were with a group you would of had organized, and timed, shuttle transportation. Those transportation schedules are posted on the group resume and posted in the lobby showing pick up times. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us. We do thank you for your kind words concerning the front desk and the bar at Bullfrogs.

We are embarrassed that your view of us is that of an empty imitation resort. We realize that we cannot change your personal opinion; however, we would like the opportunity to do so in the future as we have had huge positive responses from past guests that continue to return time and time again. We are hopeful that maybe, someday, you might reconsider and return.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed overnight at this hotel with my husband. There was some kind of conference going on, so the parking lot was very full. I managed to get a spot at the rear of the lot. My husband was playing golf with a client, so I shlepped my stuff from the car. One of the staff - I think his name was John - saw me and offered to take me in a golf cart to get the rest of my stuff. I was thankful for that. He was an older gentleman, very friendly and helpful and I tipped him generously. The rooms were nice and there were complimentary bike rentals - a nice touch. I took one of the bikes out to tour the area. It was a great way to see the rest of the park. Afterward I went to the spa for a massage. I felt the spa was smaller and not as professional as I would have expected here. It wasn't bad, just not as good as other spas I've been to in higher end hotels. My massage was good, not amazing. The rooms were nicely appointed and despite the number of people there, we enjoyed a quiet evening.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliment to John, our bellman. We are very proud of our staff here at Lake Lanier Islands and strive for excellent service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your bike tour of the resort. We hope that you plan a return trip soon: the Fall would be a beautiful time to take another bike ride around the Islands and see all the beautiful colors!
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed overnight on a weekend at the lodge. We got there early Saturday so we could enjoy Lanier World. We did our pre-check in at the front desk and headed down to Big Beach to grab something to eat. It wasn't too long before our room was ready, which was so nice! We spent the day on the lake and came back to the lodge and ate before retiring off to bed. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud (or what we imagine that would be like). We didn't even remember falling asleep! We got up early the next morning and enjoyed the pool and patio area until check out. Prefect early in the morning, no one was really out and about yet. Great atmosphere, loved the fire pit pool side. Great for our couples getaway but also great from families and work groups as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sounds like you enjoyed a fantastic weekend here with us at Lake Lanier Islands Resort! Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!
White, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

If you have plenty of time to plan a business outing; this is your place. This venue is so beautiful that my quarterly group meeting (which typically moves around for each meeting) has voted to make this our permanent home. The lodge is very upscale, as is most of the rooms.

The Sales representative is wonderful and accomodating as you are in the booking process, however; once she delegates the particulars of the meeting, things tend to go awry. No worries, you just have to get her back into the loop! You have to allow plenty of time to overcome the hiccups that accompany a group outing. That said, there are some many things to do that having enough time is a problem. I recommend the sunset cruise - reasonably priced for a large group - or golf, the course is very challenging. There are many other team building activities to choose from as well.

The spa was disappointing but I am kind of a spa-snob, so some may ber very happy with the one here.

Lastly, although the food was average at best, it was very overpriced - again speaking from a group perspective.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor, the rooms seem to have been recently renovated.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are so excited to hear that Legacy Lodge and Conference Center will be permanently hosting your group’s quarterly meetings. Zip lining is another great team building activity that you may want to consider. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Been to Legacy Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!