“windows dinner rehearsal dinner friday night may 17th 2013” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   7000 Lanier Islands Pkwy, Buford, GA 30518   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“windows dinner rehearsal dinner friday night may 17th 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I would just like to thank all the servers and cooks who work the other night.. They did a wonderful job too make all the guest happy. I'm very sorry not to know some of their names. But can remember some of the things they did for us. The buffet was really good, however we we're running out of crab legs and a brown hair girl, I think here name was Jennifer or Jess , told me she would make sure to have some to are table with in 5 minutes. she was there with snow king crab legs with drawn butter and they were wonderful. She was very attentive as we're the others to make sure we had plenty of wine and all plates were clear from the table. And the best thing is they all had positive energy.. We also had a bee issue earlier that day. and a nice gentleman I think is named might have been Brian help solve the problem. I would hope that future times to come that you could prevent this from happen again with the bee's. ... Thanks Lake Lanier ISLANDS!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Welcome to true Southern Hospitality...Lake Lanier Islands Resort style! We are so excited to hear how great everything was for you and what exceptional customer service you received from everyone you came in contact with! We look forward to your return stay soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kennesaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wedding was beautiful at Legacy Pointe which is right behind the lodge. Everyone had a great time, but there were some definite issues that you should be aware of.

1. Transportation – Major problem when the shuttle that was supposed to pick up me and the bridal party from the Villa to take us to Legacy Point didn’t show up. When we called we were told that the shuttle was there....obviously this was not true since we were outside the villa waiting, each time we called. I ended up having to get a ride with the florist. It put us 45 minutes behind so no pre-ceremony pics.
Also, my grandmother was in a wheelchair and needed transportation to/from the hotel down to the venue. It was late picking her and my grandfather up before the ceremony and then after the reception they were made to wait nearly an hour in the cold to be taken back up to the hotel. If the groom and I had known, we would have turned back around and gone back to pick them up!

2. Guest placement before ceremony – The guests were not supposed to be allowed to walk toward the ceremony site while I was out trying to do pictures (ended up not having enough time because of the transportation issue above). My understanding was that they would be told to wait in a certain area in the tent. However, they were apparently directed to go around the tent where I was and I saw nearly 2 dozen people before the ceremony began.

3. Honeymoon villa suite cleaning – The room was supposed to be cleaned after 7pm since all the bridesmaids got ready there and I wanted it clean before Trey and I returned to the room after the wedding. This was not done, garbage cans were overflowing, a second bathrobe was not put out, linens were not removed or replaced.

4. F&B service – I thought the staff was friendly however there were a few problems reported to me by guests. One table had a hard time getting any of the passed Hors d'oeuvres. The same table had their bread basket taken up before they’d even had any. When they asked to have more bread, they were told no. (There could not have been a shortage of bread since we had at least a dozen no shows that we paid for.) I had a guests ask for hot tea since it was chilly, and were ignored by most servers as well.

5. Cake – Many of the wedding party did not get cake (including the groom). The fact that the cake was thrown away when other guests also asked for more and my mother had asked for it to be boxed up is extremely upsetting. We nearly lost the top tier as well, if my maid of honor had not been able to find a cupcake box that the baker had left us with sample cupcakes.

Like I said, it was a beautiful wedding, food was delicious, and most guests did enjoy themselves, but when you go through all of the planning and shell out a lot of money you expect these things to happen at a place that does this number of weddings. I did hear from my coordinator and she took my event problems to the director of operations. They are working with us on a resolution.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent a long weekend here in Mid-April. The resort was just gearing up for the 2013 summer season and not all of the attractions were open. However, we thought the grounds were exquisite and the staff very friendly and helpful. There is golf, horseback riding, and a large man-made beach with plenty of boating opportunities.

The lodge reminds one of a mountain lodge and is built into a hillside with 270 degree lake views. The rooms were nice but not really worthy of 5 stars. For instance the flat panel TV was very small (perhaps 18"). There was no mini-bar and no way to make tea or other hot drinks. They had a coffee maker with expensive Starbucks coffee but did not provide real cups - only two styro-foam cups. No water glasses only cheap plastic cups and the towels were small cheap white ones like one would expect to find in a "Motel 6" not in a plush resort room costing $200 + a night. I found this very strange.

Bull Frogs Restaurant was very nice with a good selection on the menu and live music on Friday night. Breakfast is served in "Windows" off the main lobby and has a great view of the lake. The daily buffet is about $12.00 per person and is very good. However, there were no off the menu option, so if one wants just a small meal it is not an option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor and close to the single elevator area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. We hope that you will take the time to come out this summer and enjoy everything the Resort has to offer! We have a great summer planned! We appreciate your helpful comments and thank you for letting us know small ways we can improve.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The entrance (if you don't get lost) is beautiful. The drive in, the hotel exterior, and the lounge/check in are all wonderful. That is much different once you walk down the hall to your room. It is at this point that it becomes much like any other older hotel. We had a king room with a shower. The bathrooms were very nice and the shower was clean and roomy. The room wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something to brag about either. The rooms are definitely not luxury. I guess for the price, I was dissapointed.
We were there between Christmas and New Years so we were not able to take advantage of all the trails and other things the lake may offer. Perhaps this is what you're paying for, because the "lodging" part of the Legacy Lodge is not worth the price.

The breakfast buffet was delicious. Expensive, but good. Food was an issue...not many choices. Everything we ate was really good, but again, not many choices. The bar was not open very late which caused us to have to crowd into one of our rooms to finish watching whatever game was on tv that night. Nothing like making a 30 minute beer run (it was a 15 min drive to any gas station) and packing into a hotel room to watch the game. But again, the food and service was good when it was open. If you're only staying a day or two it probably won't be an issue, but after 3 days, eating at the same place got old. To get a good selection of places to eat, you're going to have to make a 30-45 min drive. Like I said, if you're looking for seclusion and quiet, this will work well.

I would highly recommend the magical nights of lights. They were beautiful and the skating rink and marshmallow roasting was really cool. (note: none of this was at the "lodge" itself, it required a short drive.)

I know this sounds mostly negative, but we are willing to try the Legacy Lodge again. Perhaps the summer would be a better time, with more activities outside so we don't feel "stuck" at the lodge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Magical Nights of Lights. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We just held a banquet at the Legacy Lodge. The staff were wonderful and the food and service were excellent. The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. We could not have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
llisocial, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thanks for your complimentary review! We are pleased to hear that you had a great experience and look forward to your return stay soon!
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We rented a 2 bedroom lakeside cabin. What a nice surprise to find such home-y lovely accommodations with outdoor hot tub! It also had a grill, refrigerator and cook top so would be ideal for a family Vaca. The property is huge and gorgeous. The main lodge was very nice. Bullfrogs restaurant had yummy food though the atmosphere is a little boring, Overall a great place I hope to have the occasion to visit again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We will certainly look forward to your return stay in the future for a family vacation!!! Come during the summer and take advantage of our fabulous beach and water park, equestrian center, zip lines and so much more! No matter what time of year you come, there is something for everyone! See you soon!
Doraville, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed for a recent conference and love the new look of the building. Our room was clean and nice. Bed slept very well. The Friday night buffet dinner had a good selection, but the food was barely warm and the staff didn't seem as happy to be working that evening (no water refills). We asked for after dinner coffee and it was freezing cold! Guess the pot got unplugged. During the Friday night part of our meeting, they had to pry open a lock on the drink cooler since no one had a key. We need our Diet Cokes man! LOL. The next morning the breakfast was not served at the time our group had set up. When it came, the placement was not spread out well so folks were jammed in a small area. For the type of lodge this is I expected more for breakfast like a tray of eggs, breakfast meats and warm bread. Uh, no. Small quiches that were cut in half. There was cereal and other breads and fruits, but I have had better breakfasts at chain hotels. The views are beautiful and I enjoyed the room, but would not stay here on my own, only if required by our group.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are truly very sorry to hear that there were some mix-ups with your group regarding the refreshments and the food selections. That is not typical of our food and beverage department. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your trust and your business and come back to stay with us. Our goal is to create "Guests for Life" and would love to have you be part of the Lake Lanier family.

Been to Legacy Lodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!