We spent a long weekend here in Mid-April. The resort was just gearing up for the 2013 summer season and not all of the attractions were open. However, we thought the grounds were exquisite and the staff very friendly and helpful. There is golf, horseback riding, and a large man-made beach with plenty of boating opportunities.
The lodge reminds one of a mountain lodge and is built into a hillside with 270 degree lake views. The rooms were nice but not really worthy of 5 stars. For instance the flat panel TV was very small (perhaps 18"). There was no mini-bar and no way to make tea or other hot drinks. They had a coffee maker with expensive Starbucks coffee but did not provide real cups - only two styro-foam cups. No water glasses only cheap plastic cups and the towels were small cheap white ones like one would expect to find in a "Motel 6" not in a plush resort room costing $200 + a night. I found this very strange.
Bull Frogs Restaurant was very nice with a good selection on the menu and live music on Friday night. Breakfast is served in "Windows" off the main lobby and has a great view of the lake. The daily buffet is about $12.00 per person and is very good. However, there were no off the menu option, so if one wants just a small meal it is not an option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lanier Islands boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities to curate the perfect experience year round, from a water park to diverse dining options and a spa. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with your stay, which will surely be treasured long after your bags have been unpacked. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Legacy Lodge & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier