The entrance (if you don't get lost) is beautiful. The drive in, the hotel exterior, and the lounge/check in are all wonderful. That is much different once you walk down the hall to your room. It is at this point that it becomes much like any other older hotel. We had a king room with a shower. The bathrooms were very nice and the shower was clean and roomy. The room wasn't horrible, but it wasn't something to brag about either. The rooms are definitely not luxury. I guess for the price, I was dissapointed.
We were there between Christmas and New Years so we were not able to take advantage of all the trails and other things the lake may offer. Perhaps this is what you're paying for, because the "lodging" part of the Legacy Lodge is not worth the price.
The breakfast buffet was delicious. Expensive, but good. Food was an issue...not many choices. Everything we ate was really good, but again, not many choices. The bar was not open very late which caused us to have to crowd into one of our rooms to finish watching whatever game was on tv that night. Nothing like making a 30 minute beer run (it was a 15 min drive to any gas station) and packing into a hotel room to watch the game. But again, the food and service was good when it was open. If you're only staying a day or two it probably won't be an issue, but after 3 days, eating at the same place got old. To get a good selection of places to eat, you're going to have to make a 30-45 min drive. Like I said, if you're looking for seclusion and quiet, this will work well.
I would highly recommend the magical nights of lights. They were beautiful and the skating rink and marshmallow roasting was really cool. (note: none of this was at the "lodge" itself, it required a short drive.)
I know this sounds mostly negative, but we are willing to try the Legacy Lodge again. Perhaps the summer would be a better time, with more activities outside so we don't feel "stuck" at the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lake Lanier Islands Resort boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities to curate the perfect experience year round, from a water park to diverse dining options and a spa. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with your stay, which will surely be treasured long after your bags have been unpacked. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Legacy Lodge & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier