My husband and I spent the weekend with another couple who were celebrating the husband's birthday. The lobby area is very inviting, rustic, warm, and beautiful with a nice fireplace. Our room also had the same rustic, warm decor and was really cozy. It had a great view of the lake from the balcony. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nicely appointed. It has a great shower and amenities, however, I didn't like that the closet and coffee service are inside the bathroom. The bathroom is a little small and the closet being inside makes it feel tight. It would be better if the closet and the coffee service were outside of the bathroom. Also, the walls are very thin and noise from the hallways and footsteps from the rooms above can be heard.
Our friends had a suite which was very nice and spacious with a separate bedroom and living area with a sleeper sofa, dining area, several windows and two balconies. The only thing that it lacked was having a wet area or kitchenette in the living area. If it had that it would be perfect.
The hotel has a nice pool area with a hot tub overlooking the lake. It also has and a nice fire pit surrounded by lounge chairs, great for chilly nights with a glass of wine.
We spend a day fishing on the lake from the hotel dock. The great thing about the hotel fishing dock is that although it is just a short walk down a hill from the hotel, it is in a wooded area and feels like you're miles away. It is very quiet and peaceful and the water is very deep at that point for good fishing. You can also watch the zip-liners zipping through the woods and over the lake and see a few boaters go by as you relax on the dock. So entertaining!
We arrived on the first night of the drive-through Holiday lights display, which is always a treat! The Christmas village is beautiful, with fire pits for roasting marshmallows, man-made snow, an ice-skating rink, an old fashioned carnival with rides and games, funnel cakes and other carnival foods, and even a glass house! Inside the building at Christmas village, there are beautiful Christmas trees, decorations and gifts and more food vendors.
Overall a great getaway for the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated along the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier, Lanier Islands boasts 1,500 scenic acres perfect for active families, romantic couples, corporate groups and solo travelers alike. Guests may choose from a variety of onsite activities and amenities to curate the perfect experience year round, from a water park to diverse dining options and a spa. Additionally, this lakeside Georgia resort offers over 23,000 square feet of flexible event space and professional services for successful conferences, retreats, weddings, and other events. Luxurious amenities and unparalleled natural beauty come standard with your stay, which will surely be treasured long after your bags have been unpacked. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Legacy Lodge & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Lodge And Conference Center
- Legacy Hotel Buford
- Legacy Resort Buford
- Emerald Point Lake Lanier