“Excellent isn't the word for this.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2499 Satellite Boulevard, Buford, GA 30518   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Winter Haven, Florida
“Excellent isn't the word for this.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are planning to stay in the area of Bufford/Gainsville, Ga area, this should be you choice of location. It is located away from the traffic and snuggled in the trees..SO QUIET.
Everything is clean, and when you check in, WOW! they are SOOO friendly and courteous.
And wait till you see the rooms..Oh, my..As a Priority Club member, I stay at many Holiday Inns, Express etc. but this one is tops in my book.
Our stay was Sunday October 19th 2013

Room Tip: Everything you need is close, like restaurants etc. And only about 2 miles to a very large mall..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hiexpbuford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We Thank you so much for staying at our Holiday inn Express Hotel-Mall of Ga
and being a Loyal IHG Rewards Member. WEeappreciate your feed back as being one
of the Top Holiday Inn Express Hotels that you have experienced . Being close to the mall and
over 20 major restaurants to choose from makes our hotel the ideal hotel choose from when
in the Buford area. Thanks again for appreciating our first class service and Hotel amenities.
We look forward to have you stay with us again soon. Thanks Again for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Newborn, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a one night stay with the kids. VERY convient location to Mall of Georgia and the surrounding attractions-----right off of I-985 and I-85 connector.

The hotel looks new, but has a stair case (or elevator) that you can take to the 2nd floor-----I don't see that much in newer construction.
You can also tell that real estate is at a premium on this side of Atlanta because parking is tight. If you drive around the hotel to the end of the parking lot (horseshoe) you will have to back your way back to the front just to be able to turn around if you can't find a spot. Fun Fun Fun.
The ceilings on the 2nd floor are low (which you don't ever see in new construction). I'd say the ceilings are in the 7 foot range (whereas 8 feet would be a minimum in my book).
The rooms are appropriately appointed with marble bathroom sinks and little fridges/wet bar areas in the room which was convient.
Breakfast is standard: Hard boiled eggs, biscuits, sausage, pastries, bagles/muffins, juices and coffee. They also have one of those vile automated pancake makers. If you've never had the joy of experiencing this novelty, then just hit the button, and after placing your plate at one end 45 seconds later a "fresh" pancake pops out of the end of the convayor. These pancakes aren't worth eating in my opinion. Don't bother.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is on of the nicest and most friendly Holiday Inns that I have stayed at this year. All my needs were met and the staff was wonderfull. I was working a back shift and the hotel was also very quiet during the entire day, which allowed me to get a good days sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is not the average HIE hotel which if nothing else smells fresh. This one says it has been newly renovated, but my room smelled like the carpet needed cleaning. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet or bath. I did not enjoy my stay. It looked clean, but the smell was just not fresh at all. I would not stay here again. It is near the Mall of GA, but not as close as it advertises. It is at least 3-5 miles away from the Mall, but down the highway so I guess it is technically "Mall of GA". It is closer to the town of Buford. I just don't recommend it.

Room Tip: bring febreeze or Oust
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We thank you for your feedback with your recent stay with us.We are sorry that did not have
a good stay with us. Our Front Desk staff are trained to assist our guest in having a wonderful
stay. We have a great location about 1.5 miles from the Mall of Ga and many restaurant chains for
fine dining needs. Thanks for staying with us.
columbia sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A little farther from I-85 than expected but that's my fault for reading the map a little better. Typical HI-EXPRESS.. clean, quiet and friendly staff. Breakfast was on time and the usual choices. Good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I happened upon this hotel when I was looking for a hotel for the night and was feeling very depressed. I had recently relocated to the GA area, and had moved into my apartment when I realized that the hot water had sulfur in it and smelled like rotten eggs. I had contacted the emergency number 4 times to no avail. It was the July 4th holiday period. I could not stay in the apt., so I had to find a place to stay. I was literally at a very low point. I thank The Almighty for guiding me to the Holiday Inn. Lisa was a Godsend. She was so caring. I got just the right room, had a good night's rest and was able to deal with my problem the next day. I am so very thankful for people like the staff that I encountered at the Holiday Inn. The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite which afforded me views from two sides.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is never ever in time. The breakfast person is always late. It is 45 minutes late today 05/31/2013. Even when they have the front desk person thro part if it out at 6 am the pancake machine is never ready till 6:30. My crew stays here a lot and we must get out early so we are going to switch motels from now on.

• Stayed May 2013
Hiexpbuford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We sorry to hear that you felt that breakfast was not on time. Thanks for staying with us.
We offer one of the Best Hot Breakfast selection in the area and normally do our best
to serve on time .Many times we have even served the basic breakfast items like cereal
and muffins and fruit before 6am. Thanks for your feedback and we will review with our staff
to ensure that the full breakfast be on time.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA? Share your experiences!