“Room looks nice, but does not smell fresh” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2499 Satellite Boulevard, Buford, GA 30518   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Atlanta
“Room looks nice, but does not smell fresh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is not the average HIE hotel which if nothing else smells fresh. This one says it has been newly renovated, but my room smelled like the carpet needed cleaning. I was afraid to walk barefoot on the carpet or bath. I did not enjoy my stay. It looked clean, but the smell was just not fresh at all. I would not stay here again. It is near the Mall of GA, but not as close as it advertises. It is at least 3-5 miles away from the Mall, but down the highway so I guess it is technically "Mall of GA". It is closer to the town of Buford. I just don't recommend it.

Room Tip: bring febreeze or Oust
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We thank you for your feedback with your recent stay with us.We are sorry that did not have
a good stay with us. Our Front Desk staff are trained to assist our guest in having a wonderful
stay. We have a great location about 1.5 miles from the Mall of Ga and many restaurant chains for
fine dining needs. Thanks for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
columbia sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

A little farther from I-85 than expected but that's my fault for reading the map a little better. Typical HI-EXPRESS.. clean, quiet and friendly staff. Breakfast was on time and the usual choices. Good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I happened upon this hotel when I was looking for a hotel for the night and was feeling very depressed. I had recently relocated to the GA area, and had moved into my apartment when I realized that the hot water had sulfur in it and smelled like rotten eggs. I had contacted the emergency number 4 times to no avail. It was the July 4th holiday period. I could not stay in the apt., so I had to find a place to stay. I was literally at a very low point. I thank The Almighty for guiding me to the Holiday Inn. Lisa was a Godsend. She was so caring. I got just the right room, had a good night's rest and was able to deal with my problem the next day. I am so very thankful for people like the staff that I encountered at the Holiday Inn. The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite which afforded me views from two sides.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is never ever in time. The breakfast person is always late. It is 45 minutes late today 05/31/2013. Even when they have the front desk person thro part if it out at 6 am the pancake machine is never ready till 6:30. My crew stays here a lot and we must get out early so we are going to switch motels from now on.

• Stayed May 2013
Hiexpbuford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
We sorry to hear that you felt that breakfast was not on time. Thanks for staying with us.
We offer one of the Best Hot Breakfast selection in the area and normally do our best
to serve on time .Many times we have even served the basic breakfast items like cereal
and muffins and fruit before 6am. Thanks for your feedback and we will review with our staff
to ensure that the full breakfast be on time.
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff was very helpful with early check in because we were going to the Jimmy Buffett concert in the afternoon. We even received an upgrade because we were Priority Club members.
We will definitely stay there when we return to Buford

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am one of the parents that had the pleasure of spending 3 days at your hotel, while my daughter attended the CRCT with our school, the GA Connection Academy. The first two days, we had a meeting room at another hotel in the area. It was a horrible experience. Unresponsive staff, cleanliness lacked in the bathrooms. There was no A/C and the kids had to test in a room with a temperature of 80 plus degrees. No responsiveness from the staff to solve the problem. I believe that our school principal contacted Mrs. Thomas and she immediately accommodated our school.Not an easy task on such short notice, considering that we were about 80 kids and 80 parents. While guests take the utmost priority in you business, Mrs Thomas jumped through hoops for us without disturbing the regular flow of business. I have attended many corporate meetings at various hotels across the country and this was one of my best experience. I want to express my gratitude to you. Your staff is absolutely fantastic! You can be very proud of your crew.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. The room was spacious. It is so nice to have a fridge and microwave. So modern and clean. I enjoyed the flat screen TV and free WIFI. The housekeeping staff is excellent. They offer a full breakfast with lots of variety. It's a very convenient location and just down the road from the wonderful Mall of Georgia
I would highly recommend this property. It's an A+!

Room Tip: I have stayed here a couple of times and don't think you can find a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA? Share your experiences!