Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA
Ranked #6 of 10 hotels in Buford
Muncie, Indiana
“great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The staff was very helpful with early check in because we were going to the Jimmy Buffett concert in the afternoon. We even received an upgrade because we were Priority Club members.
We will definitely stay there when we return to Buford

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am one of the parents that had the pleasure of spending 3 days at your hotel, while my daughter attended the CRCT with our school, the GA Connection Academy. The first two days, we had a meeting room at another hotel in the area. It was a horrible experience. Unresponsive staff, cleanliness lacked in the bathrooms. There was no A/C and the kids had to test in a room with a temperature of 80 plus degrees. No responsiveness from the staff to solve the problem. I believe that our school principal contacted Mrs. Thomas and she immediately accommodated our school.Not an easy task on such short notice, considering that we were about 80 kids and 80 parents. While guests take the utmost priority in you business, Mrs Thomas jumped through hoops for us without disturbing the regular flow of business. I have attended many corporate meetings at various hotels across the country and this was one of my best experience. I want to express my gratitude to you. Your staff is absolutely fantastic! You can be very proud of your crew.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. The room was spacious. It is so nice to have a fridge and microwave. So modern and clean. I enjoyed the flat screen TV and free WIFI. The housekeeping staff is excellent. They offer a full breakfast with lots of variety. It's a very convenient location and just down the road from the wonderful Mall of Georgia
I would highly recommend this property. It's an A+!

Room Tip: I have stayed here a couple of times and don't think you can find a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I spend 4 to 8 nights here almost every month, and I have always enjoyed my stays here. I like th location, because it is off of the main highway and quite. The staff in general and the front desk girls are always friendly and helpful. The always greet me as a priority club member and thank me for staying with them. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast area is clean and well stocked. There are plenty of good restaurants near by and the Mall of Georgia. I ask for a first floor room and most of the time I have gotten one. Just great service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for approximately 10 years and have always found he staff to be friendly and helpful. Recent refurbishing has improved the experience and the comfort of the rooms. Breakfast has been nutirtional and enjoyable and gets the day off to a good start. As far as noise abatement, there are some problems as you can hear noises from above you when on the ground floor. Several restaurants located within a 5 to 10 minute drive as well as numerous fast food establishments. Convenient access to I-985 to go into Atlanta or north to avoid traffic on I 85. GPS has had no problem locating the hotel. If there is a negative, it is that the rates have begun climbing over the last year and this is becoming a concern for me as it is conveniently located for me while on business trips to the area. I have actually been able to find lower rates at Crowne Plaza facilites and this may require me to reconsider my frequency of visits to it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

We spent a Wed night with very few cars in the parking lot at 8 pm
The front desk girl was polite, of course they put us at the end of the hallway and only ones on that end on third floor.
We heard people talking, doors slamming and tv as soon as we entered the room. The front desk called to make sure room was fine and we told her about the noise. She informed us we were the only ones at that end. It had to be a room underneath, which means no soundproofing between floors and walls.
Breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed February 2013
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

First, other reviews have said this hotel is hard to find, and they weren't kidding. The phone GPSs don't show this hotel, but the front desk people said that a computer GPS will. We had a rough go of it late at night with our phone GPS.
The hotel doesn't face any street---it faces the back of a building. It doesn't have any overwhelming signs to alert you either.
For people to know when they go, it faces Horizon Place on Buford Highway. Horizon Place is at the corner of Buford Highway and Satellite Blvd. When you get to that corner, look around and you'll see the hotel.
That said, this hotel was great to us! We got the hearing impaired room because it was the last one left, but it was a spacious, lovely room. Beds were very comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast, which offered typical fare.
We liked a few little "extras" that don't matter that much, but they do say a lot about the hotel---jazz music playing in the lobby, the pillow cases said "soft" or "firm" on them, the breakfast area was separated from the lobby.
One important thing to mention in case you are staying at this hotel while you attend meetings at Gwinnett Convention Center. The GPS will direct you to get back on the interstate to get there from the hotel. Instead, a MUCH easier route is just to head south on Satellite Blvd. About 10 miles later you'll see signs that direct you to the Convention Center (I can't remember the street it's on). The center is one block to the right. Simple as pie!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hiexpbuford, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing our Newly Renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel
and Suites-Mall of Ga to stay with.The city had changed the street
from Horizon park to Satellite blvd. We are working with the Department of transportation to
update all GPS devices even though some may take longer. There are trail blazer signs outside
on Ga20 and also billboards on the interstate on for our Hotel.Again Thanks for staying with us
and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford - Mall of GA? Share your experiences!