“Romantic Roya's Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Romantic Roya's Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Fabulous food; lamb, beef, chicken kabobs. Rich furnishings. Dark. Attentive service. My favorite restaurant in the metro area. Take your spouse or date. Don't take your kids.

Atlanta
“Lamb Kabob Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful. We ordered the hummus, served cold, and salads to start. The beet salad was really tasty. The best dish on the menu was the lamb kabob. We figured we weren't that hungry after eating so many tapas, so we ordered one entree to split between myself, my husband, and my two children. That was a BIG mistake. We devoured it, and had to order more! It was so good, both kids wanted to go back the next day!! And there's belly dancing. The featured dancer danced with bells, scarves, and fire. She even brought out extra scarves for the patrons to dance with. It has really funny. We will definitel return.

• Visited February 2013
atlanta
“Love the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

First things first. I LOVE the food they serve. Every one of them! The rest of the things I don't usually care too much but for this place, the decor is very elegant, people are so nice and friendly, and the service is always prompt, added nicety to the cream of the crop. Don't get intimidated by weird names of the food in their menu. I did at first but the wait staff explained clearly what these are and I always ended up with the food I wanted. My only complaint is that it's too far from where I live but it's worth driving all the way to the other side of town.

• Visited February 2013
Greensboro, NC
“What a wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We picked this place based on the interesting name I saw on my GPS map as we were driving through the area. Well, this was a serendipitous choice as the service was perfect, the food over-the-top great and there was unexpected entertainment in the form of a belly dancer. I had shrimp and grits along with a vegetarian flatbread pizza and it was one of the best meals I have had in many years. They also have a banquet room for large groups. Belly dancing on Saturday night and live music on Friday night.

• Visited December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“From Great to Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I wrote a review a few months ago about Roya and was really impressed and we enjoyed our meal. However, we went back a second time and were so disappointed I don't think we will return.

It was a Friday night and they were moderately crowded, but not slammed. However, that is no excuse for the dreadful service we experienced. We ordered 5 tapas to share and the first came out after about 15 minutes. Then we waited and waited and waited... we couldn't find our waiter, so I finally went to the hostess stand and said we hadn't seen our server or our remaining food in 40+ minutes and would be leaving if no one came by our table and brought our food since we had waited 40 minutes since our first tapas and no one had come by to even check on us! We waited another 10 minutes and then our remaining food arrived. The food was still good, but given that we were hungry and annoyed it ruined the mood.

The manager or someone in charge came by after we were done eating and asked us how everything was and we stated that the service was awful and that we were not happy with our experience. All we got was an I'm sorry. No complimentary drink or offer to take off one of our tapas, nothing to try and persuade us that this was a fluke in service and they wanted us to return. It was like they avoided our table once they saw that they had messed up... odd, really odd.

We are very easy going and can tolerate a restaurant being slow when they are busy. However, this was beyond acceptable. It's too bad because we enjoyed the food. Just didn't enjoy the way we were treated.

• Visited October 2012