“What happens to breakfasts on weekends?” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Buford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hazlehurst
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Facility was neat and clean, but was undergoing unannounced interior renovations. Person in charge of keeping the coffee fresh and full was AWOL.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Sylva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were here for 1 night. Upon check-in the guy at the front desk cut me off more than twice. When I finally was able to finish what I was telling him he double checked and realIzed I was not in fact lying as he had so rudely implied and eluded to. And afterwards NEVER bothered to apologize for being rude.

Once we got to our room my wife went to put some bottled water in the mini fridge and it was clean to the eye but the smell that came from the fridge was putred. We cut it down (temperature) in thinking that had something to do with it but after dinner when we returned the smell had permeated throughout the room. My wife having worked as a housekeeper suggested it was likely a mold or mildew somewhere you couldn't see from the inside like in the fan area and likely needed to be taken apart to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. To be completely honest it smelled like vomit. My wife told the same guy who had been so rude to me when I checked us in that the fridge smelled too bad to use he said he would get it addressed. A few minutes later he came to our room opened the fridge and said he didn't smell anything but proceeded to spray the ENTIRE inside of the fridge with disinfectant which he said would take care of any odor we smelled. He wiped for a few minutes and then left most of the chemicals still in the 2 bottom drawers. We put our leftovers in the fridge.

Later the next day my wife opened up the fridge and took out the leftovers for lunch and they had been infused to smell like a combination of disinfectant and vomit orwhatever it was.... They were inedible to say the least.

My wife had to personally clean the bathtub before use because there was an oily/greasy ring around the entire tub. We didn't bother the fellow at the front desk this time as we could tell it would only cause him to feel like he had to work to earn money (not sure what his job duties included) but he seemed inconvenienced with both encounters with the check in process and fridge.

The room and hotel overall was nice no signs or information about pool hours only that the fitness room was open 24 hours.

I did have a wonderful and very pleasant experience with Jessica before we arrived and she was more than helpful. Thank you Jessica!

The bed was not comfortable at all and any hallway noise could be heard over the tv in our room.

For the hotels normal price it wouldn't be worth the trouble we endured We used a groupon deal and will NOT return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Jessica K, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta / Buford, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I am so upset you had these issues. Please contact me directly at the hotel so we may discuss further.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed for one week on business. I was very impressed with the amenities as well as the cleanliness. Theycwere remodeling even though it seemed as though it was a fairly new hotel. It seems that they really care about the place.
It is also surrounded by restaurants and is very close to the interstate.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
I am happy to know you can see how much of our hearts we have all poured into our renovations. We have been working hard since this past Spring and now that we are settling down with our newly refreshed rooms take pride in the fact our customers enjoy the changes.

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta / Buford? Share your experiences!