“Quick trip to Buford” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Buford
Byron, Georgia
“Quick trip to Buford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had to take my Fiat to be serviced, so decided to come up the night before with my daughter so we could eat and shop too!
I had never stayed at a SpringHill Suites before, so wasn't sure what to expect. What a delightful surprise!
The hotel was super clean and very nicely decorated. Our room was really nice too!
The front desk staff were very friendly and seemed genuinely happy that we were staying at the hotel.
The beds were very comfortable, and we slept well.
We really enjoyed our stay, and plan to stay here again on our next trip

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites hotel for your recent trip to Buford, GA; we know there are many hotels to choose from and we are delighted you chose ours. We were very happy to read how you enjoyed our hotel, services and the Buford area in general, thank you for sharing your review.

We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Atlanta/Buford.

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Clean room & bath! Hotel does not appear to be very old. The staff is VERY lovely and professional!

Nice walking distance to a lot, including the GA Mall across the street, but plenty to walk to for eating too. Ice crean & Starbucks almost right next door.

I stay here in Buford often even when I have meetings in Perimeter or downtown......I'd rather stay in a safe, clean area & the Buford area off Mall of GA Blvd is not hit-or-miss, pretty much anythign in this area is nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked this on the recommendation of our Brevard video crew and what's been written here. We were working with a very tight budget that demanded an acceptable hotel centrally located to both our client and shooting location. Springhill more than fit the bill. Nice rooms, safe area, and in the right location. It's within walking distance of many restaurants. Traffic can be a total nightmare getting to and from the hotel and walking to get something to eat was sometimes faster. Despite the noise from the traffic, our room was quiet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Graham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Very convenient location right across from the Mall of Georgia. I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. There was one employee who was the hardest working person I have ever seen. She kept the breakfast food containers full which meant she was running constantly, and then I saw her later in the day taking care of other parts of the hotel. The breakfast was actually fresh hot food, (bacon, eggs, waffles, cereal. toast, etc.)not just continental bagged pastries.The room was large and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The small kitchen was useful. I enjoyed the pool, except for the 3rd morning. There was a group of teenagers staying and they used the pool the night before. When I went out early the next day, there were used towels all over the pool area and no dry towels were available. It was before the 6:00 a.m. opening time, so I went in and used the 24 hour exercise room, hoping that the pool would be usable by 6:00 or a few minutes after, but it didn't happen. That was the only negative for me. I would go back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 4 days at this hotel and it was a great experience! The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. We had a larger suite and it was roomy and designed well. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was really good, best "free" breakfast we have ever had at a hotel. We were very happy to find that Spring Hill does NOT spray strong air freshners in their rooms like Hampton Inn has started doing. If the rooms are cleaned properly, there is no reason to need air freshners. So, thank you Spring Hill for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I planned an overnight trip to Lake Lanier resort for dinner and decided to stay near the Mall of Georgia for the night since I had not been to this mall (I am fairly new to Georgia). We thought this hotel would be great because I could go to the mall first thing in the morning and he could hang out at the hotel while I shopped. By the way, there was a Hampton Suites right next door and it was very tempting to check out and check in there for the night! I am trying to acquire a liking for Marriott, but this hotel is a BAD representation.

Check-in: Checking in was extremely slow. There was one person at the front desk on the phone, with one person standing in front of him waiting for service. It looked like there was someone sitting at a desk in the backroom, but no one came out to assist.....even after a line formed with myself and a couple of others behind me.

Room: The first room we were given was on the 5th floor. When we open the door to the room, we were immediately greeted by this musty smell. We stood there fore a moment, bringing the bags in and decided, the smell was too much for us. I called the front desk and the clerk said he would try to find another room and would call me back. The second room we received was also on the 5th floor. It smelled cleaner, but also was in need of some TLC. But at this point, I said forget it, they aren't looking to do any better. Not to mention the fact that I am a Gold Elite member and should have received an upgrade if available. The sofa and floor had big stains in them (see attached pics). The bed was okay, but a bit on the soft side.

Décor: Interesting. I didn't find that it was inviting, but found it to be quite dull and kind of depressing.

Breakfast: Usual low budget items. I had yogurt and bacon. Nothing else looked appetizing. The bacon was horrible. The breakfast staff could not keep up with the flow of people. The coffee bar was a mess and out of cups when I went to get a cup of coffee at around 8:15 am.

The only good thing about this hotel was the location. You can walk right across the street to the mall and there are plenty of restaurants within walking or short driving distance.

Will I stay here again? Definitely not. And based on what I saw from the décor of this hotel, I will probably avoid Springhill Suites all together.

If you stay, I home you have better luck!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

if you don't mind the front desk entering your room at 7a - no knock or anything - then this is the hotel for you. I've never witnessed anything like this - thoughts of robbery or violence enter your mind.

The shower had bluck stuff on it - sort of moldy - in the grout. Otherwise, it's fine.

It's well located - and overall a good place - other than the issue we had - which hopefully won't happen to anyone else.

The breakfast was lacking vs. other Springhill - none of the fruit cups, HB eggs, and some other things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!