“A Very Nice Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Very Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Let's see where do I begin....

Customer Service - As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by two customer service representative. The Clerk at the counter was very nice and polite, which made our check in smooth.

Rooms - We stayed in the King Deluxe. The room was spacious for the hubby and I. As soon as we walked in the door, there was a mini sinc, refrigerator, microwave and coffee for your stay. There was a sitting area that had a huge couch, coffee table and a flat screen tv. The bed slept comfortable, but I must say I didn't like the pillows. They were too soft and it was like laying your head on the bed. The room was very clean.

Breafast Bar - Personally, could have been a little better with more of a variety. There was the usual muffins, bagels, waffle maker, eggs, bacon and sausage. For the pork lovers I guess it's okay, but for me and the hubby we're not pork eaters so we had to venture out! The great thing about this location is there was a Starbucks in walking distance! :-) That made our souls happy!

Pool - We didn't get a chance to really indulge in the pool until Sunday before check out. It was very clean, but it was salty. It didn't smell like chlorine. I'm not sure what that was all about. However, the Jacuzzi was the bomb.com!

Overall stay at this particular location - Was very good! I have no complaints whatsoever! I would recommend it if you're in the area and I'd definitly stay here again.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. The location is in a great spot! Across the street from the mall and cinema. Lots of restaurants along the strip of the hotel. In walking distance too.

Room Tip: In looking at my families rooms they all seem to be very spacious!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SHSGM_3250, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for choosing our SpringHill Suites hotel for your recent trip to Buford, GA; we know there are many hotels to choose from and we are delighted you chose ours. We were very happy to read how you enjoyed our hotel, services and the Buford area in general, thank you for sharing your review.

We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Atlanta/Buford.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

For the low price we paid the hotel was more then average. The front desk staff was cheery, helpful and always greeted me as I passed through the lobby. The location being across from the mall and close to 85 was great. The room was not a true suite but one large room with half of the space used for fold out couch, desk and a small kit counter. Not the best floor plan for a family of 4, but hey, the price and location was great.

Breakfast was plentyful, they served waffles, oatmeal, name brand cold cereals, instant grits along with below average scrambled eggs and bacon . Milk, juice,coffee,tea and yogurt was also available. And all day there were bananas or apples in thte lobby.

The pool, spa and work out areas were always clean. However our couch had dirty pillows and bathroom was not very clean The cleaners came in 2 x before it was properly cleaned.

For what we paid I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Meriden, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed from Thursday through Monday, over the Memorial Day weekend and were in town visiting family. Once we arrived, check-in was quick & easy, with afternoon cookies and beverages being served in the lobby. We had a package shipped to the hotel (which I had completely forgotten about), but was quickly reminded by the front desk clerk once we had checked in. Our room was on the second floor and were pleasantly surprised with the size of the suite. It had a kitchenette with a refrigerator & microwave, desk, chair, full-size couch/sofabed, large flat screen TV which swiveled for viewing in either the living area or from the bed, king sized bed with 2 end tables, closet with ironing board & iron, tub/shower/toilet and a separate bathroom sink/vanity. Everything was also VERY clean! The hotel was located near one of the largest shopping areas that I have ever seen, being located directly across the street from the Mall of Georgia. It was also conveniently located within a short driving distance to a number of other shopping plazas. Each morning, a generous continental breakfast was served, with fresh fruit, hot cereal, a selection of cold cereals, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, make your own waffles, yogurt, juices and coffee. Afternoons offered cookies and beverages, including a deliciously refreshing limeade beverage. Although we never used it, there was an exercise room with a few different pieces of equipment as well as a business computer area. There was a market where snacks, beverages and other items were available for purchase. The pool/spa area was nice with a tables & chairs along with lounge chairs and towels were available by the door. Only issue was that the spa could have used a cleaning (there seemed to be some sand at the bottom of the spa that was there our entire stay). Very pleasant stay, will definitely stay during our next visit and would absolutely recommend to someone looking to stay in the Buford, GA area! Thank you to the staff at SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was there on a business trip and Justine checked me in. When I arrived in my room the toilet was not working so I called down and Justine took care of me by moving me to another room. Later that night I heard some bad news from home and went down stairs and Kara made me feel much better! She sat there and listened to me and made me laugh to were my night was 100 times better !!!! they deserve to be management!!!!! The next day the manager joe wasnt to be bothered with what i had to say ... he made me feel very uncomfortable and like i wasnt worth anything

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kathleen, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I arrived late and wasn't sure that my reservation had been handled. The night shift desk person (Kara) was exceptional in making me feel welcome and easing my stress from traveling all day. I appreciated the little things that she did to make me feel welcome and how she welcomed me as a platinum member. I can't think of any other property that I've visited that seemed to care more about my stay with them. All the staff that I've encountered here were very friendly (Justine, Mickey) and were top notch Marriott people. I'll return when I'm in the area (and I have rewards cards with 3 other chains that I could stay with). The staff makes it seem like another place I like to visit....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Buford, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

To say the manager went above and beyond the call of duty would be an understatement. The manager Mickey, was a constant example of true customer service. I travel often for work and I have never felt more "at home" in an environment. Every need was taken care of and a genuine concern for myself and the people I was traveling with was a constant priority. Mickey seemed to be working 24 hours a day. Any time I had a question or concern, day or night, Mickey seemed to be there. The hotel was well maintained and the hotel staff was always ready and available for any questions and requests. The nightly fresh baked cookies were also an added bonus after returning from a long days work.

The bottom line...with Mickey running the show, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my family, clients, friends or anyone looking for a first class experience!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Albany, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The room was large, bed was extremely comfortable, the breakfast was typical but hot oatmeal with raisins and nuts was superb. Close to restaurants and across the street from Mall of Georgia. Staff was friendly. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
athibeault18, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, March 26, 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!