“High-flying fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 16 Attractions in Buford
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Exciting and Fun! Imagine flying through the air and checking out the critters of the forest and the trees in a completely different perspective from that of the “common ground person”. That’s right, a zip line canopy tour takes you on a close personal experience with nature. After checking in, meeting your stellar one-of-a-kind guides, gearing up and completing final safety checks, you enter into the forest by zipping from tree to tree – high up in the tree canopy! You will soar through the air effortlessly and you will never forget the beauty of Lake Lanier – as seen from above.If you are more of that adrenaline junkie make sure you try out our Pine Isle tour. 11 zip lines total with 5 of the 11 over a 1000ft long! This tour is not for the weak at heart. This tour is a true zip line tour going all around the shores of Lake Lanier. So if you are looking for a nice relaxing day or if you feel the need for speed, Lake Lanier Canopy Tours has it all. Come zip with us soon!
8 attraction reviews
“High-flying fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Lakeside Tour is a must. The guides are a ton of fun & they are ALL ABOUT safety! This is a great activity for family, friends, or even co-workers.

Visited September 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice guides, short zips and shakey trees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I've been to quite a few zipline courses and I took my wife and 2 teenage boys to this one over spring break since it was very close to Atlanta where we live. There are essentially two courses that run in parallel to each other along the shores of Lake Lanier. We took the longest tour but it essentially just covered the same ground but from different trees for the second go around. The scenery is pretty as its on the shore of Lake Lanier and one goes across a cove. The course construction looked a bit weak and non-tree friendly to me: Bolts through trees, some of which were very and very small diameter shakey pine trees, no padding on the landing platforms, no padding between the cables and the trees. Many times we found the tree would sway significantly as we waited on the next Zipper to arrive to the landing platform; you absolutely had to hold on while waiting. The sky bridges also had some issues with a few of the foot boards having slid out of proper spacing which made for some rather long stretches to climb them. The guides were very good and did everything they could to keep the tour safe. I would recommend that you just do the short course as its long enough and covers all the same ground as the longer one.

Visited April 2011
“Had a blast doing the Lakeside tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

We did the Lakeside tour with our family and had a great time. The guides were excellent and took the group over lines & bridges with nice views of the lake.

The course is well laid out and the equipment is in good shape.

Nothing too strenuous but a great way to relax and have a fun couple hour outside in the woods.

This zipline is located in the Lake Lanier Islands resort area, so you also have the beaches, water parks, and other fun things to do on the island.

Macon, GA
4 attraction reviews
“Ride of A Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We had three generations on the platform at one time! I had seen zip lining online for several years and always knew this was something I wanted to experience so I put it on my bucket list. I don't let things stay on this list long because I want to add other adventures. My husband, daughter and granddaughter were with me. Our guides were so encouraging and fun. After listening carefully to their instructions, I was not only ready but chomping at the bit. For the first 5 lines, I was first to go, which was fine with me. It was every bit as much fun as I had hoped and more. We all need to shake up our worlds every once in a while and this is a safe and exciting way to do it. I can't wait to go back with my other daughter and her two kids. I give this experience an A+.

Visited June 2011
Georgia
51 attraction reviews
“Excellent guides and fun adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The guides did everything they could to make sure everyone was comfortable and their sense of humor help to calm my nerves. Safety was always taken seriously. We were arriving a little late and one of the team even called to make sure we weren't having trouble finding it. There's a good variety in zip lines and bridges (though I didn't like the bridges). I highly recommend this adventure. Very clean bathrooms and vending machines are located at the lodge.

Visited March 2011