“Very Nice And Clean With A Salt Water Pool!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Nice And Clean With A Salt Water Pool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Very clean and a great location to access restaurants and shopping from endless stores. The room itself was a little smaller than other Courtyards that I've had stayed in but not bad for crowd of 3. 24/7 Starbucks available and the Courtyard MarketPlace was not bad as well. Free in room WiFi. Refrigerator in rooms accommodate 2 liter drinks easily. Overall our stay was great and plenty of places to go within the vicinity. Also a salt water pool instead of the usual chlorine...something different. You will enjoy your stay. Silver Member.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Drove to ATL from Houston for a meeting at Chateau Elan and stayed at the Courtyard for 1 of the 3 nights we were in town. The hotel was gorgeous, the double room queen was huge and comfortable and they even upgraded it to a room with a balcony. The staff was great. And I loved the fact that they brew Starbucks. Would definitely stay here again. We spent the last 2 nights at the Atlanta Marriott in Buckhead and although the hotel was nice, we actually like the Courtyard better!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Traveled with friends for a quick overnight getaway and a little shopping. The hotel was more than expected. The rooms were immaculate. I have never seen a hotel shower so sparkling clean. Our room was very large and comfortable. We were close to everything. They have a great bar downstairs and a beautiful lobby/sitting area. We did have some noisy neighbors while we were there but the front desk staff took care of it immediately. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went to Buford to shop and stayed 1 night. Picked the Courtyard because Trip Advisor ranked it #1. Opted for a Queen Suite with a Balcony and got a fabulous room. Spacious and very nicely decorated. Way better than I expected for a 3-star hotel. Navigating Buford is tricky, as is finding the Courtyard. It's not far off the beaten path, just tucked away. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Absolutely loved it!!

Room Tip: I only paid a little extra to get a room with a balcony. Thought it might get me a better, bigger r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hotel was nice. Very clean and lots of free parking. The staff was as welcoming and nice as they could be and gave us some good recommendations on dining locally. What I really appreciated was the fact that the hotel is very close to lots of stuff (retail, dining, etc) but is set way back from the busy main road and was very quiet. SInce my son will be attending school in the area, I expect they will see us back frequently over the next few years. My only criticism is that the fabric of the bath towels was a bit thin (but good sized and clean, and there were plenty of them). The hairdryer in the room was great..small but very powerful

Room Tip: We were very happy on the top floor (5th). It was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had been in the lobby before of this Courtyard and knew immediately that this was a location I needed to add to my Hotel Vision/Bucket List. I had a semi-business trip to Atlanta, and decided to use that as an excuse to check it out.

Very modern and welcoming Lobby <that’s what initially won me over>. Plenty of lounge space, business area off to the side of lobby. The Representative at check-in greeted me with “How is your day going” and then asked me what company I was employed with so she could check to see if I get any additional corporate discounts. <small gestures but BIG impact – thank you!>. The other representative asked would I have time to do any shopping during my stay <uhhh, but of course>. She then hands me a store directory for the Mall Georgia <nice touch!>. Nothing like a warm welcome to set the tone.

I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised by the room. I went with the standard King since I was traveling solo. Very spacious, could easily accommodate a couple with 1-2 children. The standard rooms includes a small sofa.

The work station includes a small pull out table – a perfect option for food/drinks or just more work space. Plenty of outlets for laptops, chargers, etc. In addition to the desk lamp there is also a small recess light just above the desk, so you can light just that area without lighting the entire room. A great feature for the chick like me that’s always up at the crack of dawn but hates turning on all the lights when I’m traveling with others. <very nice touch!>

Super comfy bed. When you reserve online directly through the hotel, they ask if you would like extra foam or feather pillows. <aaah, the little things>. I loved the sleek design of the headboard and it comes with a built-in lamp on both sides; and each light comes with an outlet – perfect, perfect, PERRRRFECT, for Workaholics and Gadget Geeks who all but sleep with their laptops, tablets and smart phones. <in fact, let’s just make this feature an OSHA requirement for all hotels going forward>…. Also 1 small night stand on both sides of bed with small drawer and storage space. And- iHome ipod docking station <they are SOO winning me over>

Full length mirror just outside of bathroom. The showers have the curved shower curtain rods which give the feeling of more space. They also have a small area in back of shower that a person could sit if needed - or you can just throw all your necessary shower essentials there. Towel/Robe holder just by the shower. Oh – and a hand towel holder just by the sink. Small feature, but one that many hotels are lacking.

Snack area with mini-fridge. The mini-fridge had more than enough space needed for the average stay. Swivel Flat screen strategically placed so you can watch from anywhere in room. Free high-speed internet. I didn’t actually experience the Fitness Center but I did stop by just to see. A little small but has your basics, a couple of treadmills and weights – and filtered water <which I think should be another OSHA requirement for hotel fitness centers>. Oh – minutes from Mall of Georgia and plethora of other chain shops and restaurants. About 35-40 minutes away from the heart of Atlanta depending on the traffic. Also about an hour away from the Commerce Tangers Outlet.

My only recommendation would be to add a Recycle Bin to the rooms –but that just makes me feel a tad bit less guilty for taking long hot showers and using extra towels. Very refreshing stay – can’t wait to get back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
mnta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Dear Mr. Crall - I am writing to express the highest degree of satisfaction with my stay at Courtyard/Buford. The primary reason for this commentary is the dedication, courtesy and professionalism of your staff - in particular, Rosa Guerra and Jessica Webb. From the moment of check-in to departure, Ms. Guerra and Ms. Webb handled my queries and questions with a wonderful "can do" attitude. They - and I have no doubt all of your team - epitomize the "Yes...now, what was your question?" mantra of customer-always-first service.

I formally request that you personally compliment Rosa and Jessica. And my I also compliment you on the design, layout and amenities offered in the public areas as well as the room (524).

Be assured if business or pleasure again lead me to the Burford area the lodging decision will be automatic. Courtyard.

Joe Donohue

www.event-savvy.com

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buford
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Mall of Georgia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buford at Mall of Georgia
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta / Buford
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Buford
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Buford/Mall of Georgia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Buford Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!