“RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Buford
Savannah, Georgia
“RUN FOR THE HILLS !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have never taken the time to document a hotel stay, but this was terrible. No working air controls, no remote - asked for replacement - got another broken one, nasty floors, just not a nice place. I complained to the ABVI chain management directly upon returning home. They have been lax about getting me a response from the hotel . WE GOT NO SLEEP for two nights bec it was 35 degrees and the heat either blew on high or the ac on freezing. We had to get up every two ours to switch between hot and cold. THe FREE BUFFET was TWO MUFFINs IN A PLASTIC BAG> Gross !!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS> Pay extra if you have to !!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
abvibufordga, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia for your recent stay in our area.

• The registration person received additional training in how to deal with registration problems.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. They also were instructed to see to it that rooms were properly equip before being released as ready for occupancy.

• I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Winter Haven, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

5 couples booked for 2 nights, only 2 stayed. Bugs on floor and walls of room, mold on bathroom walls,bathroom light fixture duct taped together, mineral water ring on inside of toilet bowl, No internet service as stated,towels very thin and stained and if you didn't have a quarter you couldn't get a handful of ice from the ice machine, mattresses lumpy,Continental breakfast is a coffee machine and muffins wrapped in celophane.No small refrig or micro in rooms....Very little nice about this place.One of the worst places we have ever stayed in.When you check out..Sign says leave key on counter. There is no one around to speak to.Small children jumping in room on second floor above us all night.

Room Tip: go down the block to the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dilip P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your stay was not to your expectations. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and have taken care of the problems. We did have a power outage that took out our internet for 3 days and since then, it has worked perfectly.

We hope you will plan to stay with us again in the future.

Management
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

I had a great stay here. I don't understand the other reviews. I think if you're a hard-core fan of a team and you know there is a game, I would make sure the location I'm staying at has the channel with the game. Aside from that when I went they did have ESPN and I had asked if they had Lifetime and the manager on staff told me "No, but we have channels reserved so that they can be changed to the customer's liking." I would imagine the lobby being hot during a stay in August. The staff was very nice.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Dilip P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We really appreciate it and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Management
nashville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was trying to save money but I shot myself in the foot here This hotel has seen better days They upgraded the out side near balconies but failed to paint carpet worn looked dirty black something on molding near floor in bathroom door latch was broken on door inside so I could not use it it just hung there some patches in walls needed repair towels thin Cable TV not as advertised terrible could not pick up ESPN as noted on card in room listing channels had HBO but no ESPN when sunday night they were showing by national contract game of week Braves Dodgers I am a Braves fan COULD NOT watch it night manager did not know difference between sports south and ESPN Office lobby was very warm and divided by bank window and smelt of oil that had been burnt in cooking DID NOT NOR did want to eat or drink breakfastt there It was to warm and smelt in office area Woman in office said to call office not come in for anything , Ice machine was dirty and rusty no covering from room when it rained going to get ice They did not care when I said I would not stay here again and usually I would and this is the first time I have ever written a bad review but this hotel deserves it

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you encountered with the TV channel and bathroom door latch of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Buford/Mall of Georgia? Share your experiences!