“Good Value and clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Tourist Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Brunswick
Atlanta
“Good Value and clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

This is a hotel I have stayed before. It is always clean and has alot of extras. Free internet and breakfast. My spouse and I like staying there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

Yuck, the room was gross. The caulk around the sink was nasty, the shower had been sloppily patched and looked cheap and questionable, there was hair stuck to one of the towles, and there was yellow sticky goo all over the hair dryer cord. The sheets were old and worn thin, the mattress was old and had a big dip in the middle, the pillows were flat, and I was afraid to walk on the carpet without shoes. The hallway smelled funny.

On the plus side, the staff was friendly, the rate was low, the room had a mini fridge and a microwave, and it was conviently located next to the interstate.

I would not stay here again. Drive a few yards down the road and stay at the La Quinta. The price is comparable and the rooms are MUCH cleaner.

• Liked — The microwave and mini fridge.
  • Disliked — It was DIRTY and the mattress was old and uncomfortable.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2008

After a day of traveling and searching hotels off of 95 in Brunswick the third one was the perfect charm. We paid 62.49$ ten dollars more than Days Inn and travelodge (we checked in both of them and checked right back out, THEY WERE DUMPS beware beware beware. Then third was Red Roof, the motel was very clean and all the staff worked all day making things just great. The room was very clean, the bathroom was clean and the place has been newly renovated all rooms come with wi-fi internet free and the breakfast is more than most minimal continental breakfast. For 60$ this is a value. The travelodge across the road charged 59$ but was so so nasty, i mean my daughter was taking dust off the tv with her shirt....and there were seedy elements on the property. I never write reviews but I have to say RED ROOF RULES. THIS ONE WAS GREAT!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Goldsboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I have stayed at alot of Red Roof Inns over the years and this happens to be the very best I have ever stayed at.. My family stayed here on our way back from Florida for Easter. The room was very clean and all the staff we dealt with were more than friendly and helpful. The pool was open and very clean. The next morning the breakfast buffet had plenty of food even(bagels, waffels, cereal, juice, coffe, tea, etc...). I would stay here again.

• Liked — the friendly staff
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Columbus, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2008

I won't stay here again. We had several minor problems. Not bad enough to make it worth packing my mom and everything up and going to another hotel but next time I will try one of the other hotels nearby. Our toilet ran all night. We told the staff in the morning when we out for the day. When we returned we were given no information and it was not fixed. We asked a different staff person who was on the desk but he didn't know anything about it and said the only thing he could do is move us. We chose to keep the bathroom door shut all night...after asking the bathroom door which squeaked very very loudly be oiled. The hall and rooms were musty. The air conditioner didn't rattle but sounded very loud. So much so that it woke me up a few times. The room was reasonably clean when we checked in and each day housekeeping made the bed, emptied the trash, and left new towels, but the bathroom was obviously not cleaned during our stay so I doubt. the rest of the room was either. In fact one day upon our return we found cigarette ash on the bathroom vanity (neither of us smoke) and rusty oil on the floor under the door hinges. The continental breakfast had no fruit, no yogurt, and the first day there was no juice either. The staff tried to make it sound like they had just run out but admitted after being asked that there had been none at all. After comments, the next day there was orange juice but the apple juice dispenser remained empty our entire stay. Breakfast consisted of sweetened cereals, packaged donuts, packaged danish, plain bagels and fresh waffles. But as there was no unsweetned jam or syrup, not much a diabetic could eat. Any one or two of these things and I would probably brush them off, but with this many small problems it just all adds up to a stay I won't hurry to repeat.

• Liked — Cheap price
  • Disliked — What you got for the cheap price
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

The halls reek of cigarette smoke but my room is neutral. The tap water smells like rotten eggs. Otherwise, the room is reasonable and there is un-advertised wireless internet in the room.

Room includes mini-fridge and microwave, which is nice.

Stayed January 2008
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2007

This was a good hotel for an inexpensive overnight stay. Although it appears from the road that the rooms have exterior doors, they actually open to the interior. Breakfast was your standard danish, bagel, cereal, coffee and waffles, but it was well stocked. The rooms were spacious, but the bathrooms were smaller than average. We didn't go in the pool, but it appeared to be larger than most hotel pools. Overall, it was a pretty nice place to stay.

• Liked — Clean, good value
  • Disliked — Air conditioner noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95? Share your experiences!