“DISAPPOINTING” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“DISAPPOINTING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Website said flat screen TV's and they were not. Pool was closed and this is after Memorial Day so pool should not have been closed. Check in is at 3pm and they didn't have our room ready so they gave us another room that looked like it was cleaned in a hurry so everything was not done right. Location was ok, Beds slept ok and A/C was good, but worse Redroof that I've stayed in yet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kimberly T, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important and we use it as an opportunity to grow. I apologize your visit with us did not meet your expectations. Memorial Day weekend was a beautiful and very busy weekend in Brunswick and I apologize the pool was not open. We were set to open the pool when we discovered one of the pumps was not working properly. Repairs were made and we were waiting for final approval to ensure safety for our guests before the pool is opened. I invite you to revisit the hotel and give us another opportunity to make your stay great at the Red Roof in Brunswick, GA. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your stay or a future stay!

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This roach infested motel is the most disgusting place I have ever walked into and moments later walked out of!! The sheets had blood stains, the room smelled moldy and there were hairs all over the toilet. It was horrific. The door that the woman at the front door said you needed a key to get into from outside didn't work and anyone could get in and the carpet in the hallway to the rooms could make anyone vomit. We could not get out of there fast enough...For an extra ten dollars we stumbled upon the BEST WESTERN PLUS 2 miles away and it was WAYYYYY worth it!!! The Red Roof in....Enter only if you dare!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel feb 2013 an it was awesome the manager reggie was great and very kind the bedrooms where nice and clean. the bathrooms was so clean and big. My only concern is if they can get bigger towels in the room, and also the breakfast was awesome as well

Room Tip: the king rooms are awesome
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Island, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed two nights on a recent weekend during a busy time of the year Easter break) while visiting family in the area. Location is good and the Inn has nice curb appeal. Lobby was clean and the desk clerk was helpful and courteous. The parking is ample and the lot is well lighted and the grounds were maintained. They have a pool but we did not venture into the pool area. We had a room on the first floor. The room was nice and spacious enough, older type TV but it worked fine. Bed was way too hard and I woke up with a sore back. There are no coffee makers in the rooms but they had an iron, microwave, mini fridge, small safe and hair dryer in the bath. Room needed more outlets though had a hard time charging cell phone. WIFI was available and I did use it. Bathroom was clean, soap cakes are on the small size and there was only one container of shampoo when we checked in. This is a dog friendly Inn and we saw other patrons with their dogs but never heard them. The halls are on the dingy side the carpet needs cleaned/stretched, kind of a musty smell in the hall. The Inn is probably 20+ years old, but close by there were several restaurants like IHOP, Cracker Barrel, McD's and Krystal within a couple of leisurely minute stroll. Close to I-95 however the rooms were soundproofed well did not hear any noise from the highway or the next room although it was occupied. Staff was friendly and smiled and waved. A little sprucing up would help this Inn immensely. Could use some new bedding because mine was very hard. Vending and ice was immediately available and they offer a modest Continental breakfast that includes, coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, cereal, and a waffle iron. Did not have fresh fruit but did have free USA TODAY newspapers on Monday. If you are seeking a modest priced place to spend the night and hurry on the next day this is acceptable. Long term may be a problem if hard beds are not to your liking. Not a lot of amenities though. It is clean and that is a good thing.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms had balconies but not sure they are accessible. First floor rooms are okay and e...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The best service I have ever had at a hotel was given by a lady that cleans the rooms at the RedRoof Inn in Brunswick, GA. With the hours that me and my crew work, we have to suffer through unclean rooms, and bad attitudes from almost every hotel we stay at, but I explained our needs to Angela Hall in Brunswick and she accepted with a smile. We have not run out of clean towels or had to sleep on dirty sheets and the rooms are always neat (not the way we leave them).
And, she finds time to do it without disturbing us. That is the best service we have ever had. Because of her, we will always stay there when we come through town, and that is often.

Room Tip: get room on front side, easier to find
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had an accident while at this hotel on February 16, 2013 and have to say that the desk clerk, Angelique Johnson was efficient, helpful and kind. The manager, Reginald McIntyre offered me assistance as well. Both were a credit to the hotel. My husband and I frequently stayed at Red Roof Hotels in the past because of our dog, and chose this one because of its convenience to Hwy. 95. The hotel itself is average considering the price. The hotel offered what we needed while travelling.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waverly, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have a very high regard for the Manager, Reggie, at the Red Roof Inn. This young man is a very hard worker and is just the right person to bring the upgrades to this Red Roof Inn that need to be done. We saw him in late afternoon lending support to the lady behind the counter and for breakfast the next morning. I don't know how he does it to keep up with morning and evening work but he does. 3 cheers Reggie for doing a great job and we will be back to this location again at the Red Roof Inn, Brunswick, Georgia.

We can't say enough about Angelica, the lady behind the counter, who took our information and assisted us with our check in. Not only did she do a good job with us but she was very busy with registering many guests before us. She never lost her cool and maintained her professional, lovely attitude to each of us. She also gave us directions to a local coffee shop we were interested in. It just doesn't get any better than that when traveling. Thanks Reggie & Angelica, well done!

Room Tip: We were happy to be able to have our dachshund with us. Thanks Red Roof Inn for hearing those of us...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95? Share your experiences!