“Exactly what I expected for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Tourist Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #25 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Columbia, South Carolina
“Exactly what I expected for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room was clean, front desk staff were helpful and nice. Room was very reasonable, so of course the hotel is not fancy or modern, nor are the linens super new or soft, but the room was clean and comfortable. Wi-fi was free, but was on and off as far as service. The breakfast was minimal, but, for the price of the room, it was exactly what I thought it would be. This is a hotel I would stay at on the way to somewhere else, not a vacation destination.

Room Tip: The rooms that don't border the parking lot are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Townsend, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

If it weren't from the manager, Jeremiah I would have given this hotel a 1 rating due to the awful house keeping! We were extended stay guests and requested fresh bed linen and stripped the bed to try and make housekeeping job a little easier. Upon arrival after our day out, we noted a distinctive stain that had been on our linen was in place meant that our covers were placed back on our bed dirty! We called the don't desk and the manager personally came to our room with fresh linen and made the bed himself, brought fresh towels and toiletries. He has helped assist us in many ways with any request We had.. we would stay
at any hotel he manages anytime!

• Stayed January 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I come to Brunswick at least twice a year on business, so I used to stay at the Motel 6 bc of my two dogs, but sadly they went out of business :( So Red Roof Inn was the next best thing with no pet fee. The farther you are from the office, the weaker your internet signal is. I think they only have one box for the whole motel so your connection might be so slow to not even load up pages correctly. On the upside the price was good(roughly $45/night) with micro-fridge and hot waffles for breakfast. Another downside is if you stay by the week, you get housekeeping only twice during your stay. Since the rates are same even if you pay by the day, pay by the day if you want housekeeping every day. You may need to like I did b'c roaches freak me out. They are disgusting and they leave germs that can make you sick. Who wants that? Not I. I went out and bought some disinfecting spray and some roach spray and complained to the manager about the bugs. They said they couldn't go down on the price b'c it was low enough but they did reinburse me for the sprays I bought(about $8.00). Needless to say I had to suck this one up for the next three days spraying everyday. They said an exterminator would show up to spray my room, but they never showed. I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want good WIFI service, try to get a room closest to the office. Backside rooms have almost n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Traverse City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The structure showing signs of age, otherwise nicely done. Mini-fridge and microwave, good TV offering, along with the basic 3: clean, quiet and safe. Neighborhood is nice, fast food is nearby and finally, a sidewalk, I was able to walk about for exercise with ease.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been staying at red roofs a lot this year
Pet friendly
This was the worst one
bathroom dirty last persons shampoo in shower
Rug in hallways all wrinkled and could be dangerous
hotel in need of updates
would not stay here again

Room Tip: Hotel not updated no advice to give
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Plain and simple... this place is nothing more than a place to lay your head for a few hours before you continue your trip either north or south. Everything about this place is just...average. Staff, furnishings, room, price...

The best thing about this location is just that...its proximity to Interstate 95.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vidalia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been staying at this Red Roof Inn for about 10 years now. Always a great stay. The only thing that we don't like is that unless you are in one of the end rooms on the second floor you don't get a good internet connection or a connection at all. Other than that it is great. They are always improveing there hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnCSR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us for so many years!! We look forward to the next time you come to visit us. Hopefully we will have more renovations completed at that time including new carpet and paint. Thanks again for your loyalty and business.

Sonal

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95? Share your experiences!