“Roach Infested :(” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Roach Infested :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I come to Brunswick at least twice a year on business, so I used to stay at the Motel 6 bc of my two dogs, but sadly they went out of business :( So Red Roof Inn was the next best thing with no pet fee. The farther you are from the office, the weaker your internet signal is. I think they only have one box for the whole motel so your connection might be so slow to not even load up pages correctly. On the upside the price was good(roughly $45/night) with micro-fridge and hot waffles for breakfast. Another downside is if you stay by the week, you get housekeeping only twice during your stay. Since the rates are same even if you pay by the day, pay by the day if you want housekeeping every day. You may need to like I did b'c roaches freak me out. They are disgusting and they leave germs that can make you sick. Who wants that? Not I. I went out and bought some disinfecting spray and some roach spray and complained to the manager about the bugs. They said they couldn't go down on the price b'c it was low enough but they did reinburse me for the sprays I bought(about $8.00). Needless to say I had to suck this one up for the next three days spraying everyday. They said an exterminator would show up to spray my room, but they never showed. I'll never stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want good WIFI service, try to get a room closest to the office. Backside rooms have almost n...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Traverse City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The structure showing signs of age, otherwise nicely done. Mini-fridge and microwave, good TV offering, along with the basic 3: clean, quiet and safe. Neighborhood is nice, fast food is nearby and finally, a sidewalk, I was able to walk about for exercise with ease.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Pompano Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have been staying at red roofs a lot this year
Pet friendly
This was the worst one
bathroom dirty last persons shampoo in shower
Rug in hallways all wrinkled and could be dangerous
hotel in need of updates
would not stay here again

Room Tip: Hotel not updated no advice to give
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Plain and simple... this place is nothing more than a place to lay your head for a few hours before you continue your trip either north or south. Everything about this place is just...average. Staff, furnishings, room, price...

The best thing about this location is just that...its proximity to Interstate 95.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vidalia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have been staying at this Red Roof Inn for about 10 years now. Always a great stay. The only thing that we don't like is that unless you are in one of the end rooms on the second floor you don't get a good internet connection or a connection at all. Other than that it is great. They are always improveing there hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnCSR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us for so many years!! We look forward to the next time you come to visit us. Hopefully we will have more renovations completed at that time including new carpet and paint. Thanks again for your loyalty and business.

Sonal
Key Largo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this Hotel lots of times. It's right off I 95. They do not charge for Pets. Even though we don't have a dog anymore, we still stay there. The prices are great, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.They have a nice little continental breakfast and also lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback, I will share this with our entire staff. We always look for opportunities to make things better. Yes, we are very pet friendly and best thing is there is no additional charge, thats right PETS STAY FREE!!. Thank you for your continual stay with us and you may see our renovation in progress.

Sonal Patel
Red Roof Inn
Albany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. It was priced low, so should have known. But you would expect this place to be better equipped in order to carry their name of Red Roof. Nothing worked. Broken sink, no electrical outlets. The stuff that did work was so outdated, the price was too high. The shower had a curtain that was mold infested and stale soap from another occupant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our staff so we can ensure that this is rectified. Were glad to let you know we are in the processing of renovating and would hope you would like to stay with us in the future. If you would like to speak directly to me please contact the property and asking for myself.

Sonal Patel
Red Roof Inn

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Brunswick I-95? Share your experiences!