“Very friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Very friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked in late to the hotel after a really long day. The process was very quick and the staff extremely friendly. My room was nice and clean. I really enjoyed the in-room bath products by Crabtree and Evelyn. Great large room with plenty of pillows. Breakfast in the morning was also pretty good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SalesMGREMBSYBWK, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
It’s always great to hear that our TEAM here at the Embassy Suites Hotel of the Golden Isles of Georgia, made a difference for you during your recent travels our way. Having the quick &friendly process of checking-in after your long day in November, the large comfortable guest suite, and a good breakfast each morning of your stay ~ indeed sounds like we made the difference we strive for each and every guest we welcome. We will definitely look forward to welcoming you back on your travels our way again in the near future, until then – have a safe & wonderful Holiday Season, and successful new year.
At your service,
The entire TEAM and Management, Embassy Suites Hotel of the Golden Isles of Georgia

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel after the Ga/Fla game in Jacksonville, Fla. It is about 1 hour from Jacksonville. Rooms are extremely clean and large. Two separate sleeping areas with doors - one king bed and one pull-out sofa. In between two sleeping areas is bathroom and an area that has microwave, refridge, small sink and coffee pot. Room also includes full cooked breakfast including made to order omelets and waffles. They also have a manager's reception in the afternoon but we were there after it occurred. Hotel is also attached to a shopping mall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
stephanierndos, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We are honored that you chose to stay with us upon returning from the big game in Jax, GA/FL. As well, we are pleased that you found your accommodations to be spacious, clean & comfortable, and that you were able to join us for the cooked-to-order breakfast. Even though you weren’t able to join us for our evening reception this time around, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the near future. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon, until then – have an awesome Holiday season.

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Once again a lovely hotel.Good warm welcome on arrival and nothing too much trouble for the staff. We had a lovely two bedroomed suite which was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The hotel had a happy hour every evening with all drinks complimentary, spirits too! They served an excellent breakfast, with omlettes, pancakes, waffles cooked to order. The hotel is situated at the end of a Mall so very useful to catch up on the shopping.

Room Tip: All appeared to be excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
stephanierndos, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Wonderful to read that your recent stay with us was one that you enjoyed from arrival with a warm welcome, to your stay in a clean, spacious, and comfortable suite which included the cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception. Great to learn as well that the attached Mall was an added convenience for you to enjoy during your time as our guest. We certainly will look forward to welcoming you again in the future, and thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel of the Golden Isles of Georgia, it was our honor to have accommodated you during your recent stay with us.

At your service,
The entire TEAM and Management, Embassy Suites Hotel of Brunswick & the Golden Isles of Georgia
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here one night on our trip north. Picked it based on reviews AND it's close proximity to Jekyll island and St Simons island. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered me my choice of room location and fulfilled my requirements. The room was large, clean with great A/C. That is very import to me. They have a happy hour with free drinks. The food was marginal, but hey, the beer was free. Would definitely stay here again if coming this way.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Embassy Suites Brunswick, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Like you, many of our guests find us on the way north or south and decide to explore Georgia's Golden Isles while here. After a long day of driving, most folks really appreciate the evening reception where they can relax and unwind with complimentary beverages and snacks.

We are blessed to have a team who enjoy what we do - whether the suite keepers who make sure the suites are clean or the front office team who provide directions and advice about where to go or any of the many folks who serve in ways many never see - we love taking care of our guests! Positive feedback is what keeps us going. I'll definitely be sharing your comments with the team.

Come see us whenever your travels bring you to or through Coastal Georgia. We'd love to have you anytime!

Karen Bass, GM
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Don't be put off by the location or the outside appearance. This hotel is worth the consideration. The rates were reasonable and cheaper than its relative competitors. The hotel has obviously been renovated and the rooms are nice a spacious. I received a diamond member upgrade, which is becoming more and more rare from Hilton Properties. The managers reception was fun with excellent soft pretzel bites and chips with a nice spicy salsa.

Stayed October 2012
You've made my day! We love hearing that you enjoyed the hotel and like the renovations. The 'retro' colors are quite bold, aren't they?

Everyone enjoys the complimentary evening reception - cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. nightly. Embassy Suites is known for it. And our Hilton Honors members love the great value - two room suites, free cooked-to-order breakfast, and a great member rewards program.

We are honored that you chose Embassy Suites Brunswick for your stay in Georgia's Golden Isles. We'll look forward to seeing you whenever your travels bring you this way!

Karen Bass, GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel was nice, with an updated lobby and a very friendly front desk staff.

The hotel is connected to a mall, that's ok, but the parking for the hotel is actually shared with the mall. Have to say I was not that comfortable parking and walking back to the hotel in the dark.

Good news is that the room was comfortable, although not as big as other suites we have stayed in, but with 2 rooms and doors between, can put kids to sleep and watch the game :)

Breakfast was average but, you can order fresh made eggs or omelets, which makes up for any other shortcoming.

I can't say I would stay here again, due to the parking, but I would try another Embassy Suites.

• Stayed October 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I believe you were here when the utility company cut the underground power line to the parking lot lights. We were all in the dark for a few days until they could get a contractor to make the repair! The parking lot is back to its usual brightness - you could read your newspaper there if you wanted.

Like you, many of our families really appreciate that all of our suites have a door which separates the parlor with its sleeper sofa from the main bedroom. Thanks too for the comment about the friendliness of our front desk staff. We really love what we do.

I hope you understand that the lighting issue was a temporary situation beyond our control which has been rectified. If that is all that would hold you back, you can be assured that it's safe to come any time!

We'll look forward to seeing you again!

Karen
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had an unexpected trip that took me to Brunswick, GA. I booked the Embassy Suites based upon reviews and Hilton property. However, to my dismay it was beyond horrible experience. I arrived late and the type of room I requested was not available. The key to my room didn't work and the agent insisted that I had the key near my phone (key in hand and phone in purse). The key didn't work once but twice and not apology but a disgruntled employee. The clock in the room was on CST time vs. EST. The clock had to be changed by the staff and when they did... they walked into my room without knocking (next day after I called). This is just a small example of my experience. After an approx. 3 days of disgust I decided to change hotels and made my way to the Best Western Plus. Loved this hotel.. Modern, clean and great service. Take note... this Embassy Suites lacks all that the Best Western Plus has to offer. This hotel is old, run down and not impressive. Save money and find your way to I95, Best Western Plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Please accept my apologies for the situation you encountered. I recognize that you were here during a difficult time for your family and that these items magnified the stress you were already experiencing.

I believe the issue with the keys was due to extending your stay. The keys were only being made for a day or two at a time. When your stay was extended, they no longer functioned and had to be replaced. There is no excuse for any staff member not knocking before entry, even in response to a request for service.

I would much prefer that you had enjoyed the more usual positive experience of most of our guests. In this case, it is apparent that we failed you. This situation, thankfully, is not the norm for our hotel. It is our sincere hope that you will forgive this failure and allow us to demonstrate the more usual positive experience the next time your travels bring you to Coastal Georgia.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to assist with your travel plans.

With kind regards,

Karen Bass

Been to Embassy Suites Brunswick? Share your experiences!