“Gross, dirty, smelly.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Brunswick-Downtown

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brunswick
Days Inn Brunswick-Downtown
You added Days Inn Brunswick-Downtown to your Saves list
2307 Gloucester Street, US 17 Exit 29 & 38, Brunswick, GA 31520   |
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Brunswick
Pine Brook, New Jersey
“Gross, dirty, smelly.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

Our room wreaked of cigarette so bad, that when I woke up, my throat hurt!!! It was the worst Hotel/Motel I have ever stayed at!!! The carpet was FILTHY. The tub had stains, and the water in the tub wouldn't even go down the drain!!! Gross!!! My husband and I stopped here for a few hours of shut eye, on our trip from NJ to Key West. We arrived at about 10p, but by 4 or 5am, I had to get out. The pain in my throat from the stench was too much to bare! And guess what? Once we were out of there voila! my throat was normal again! Never again Days Inn! Never again! GROSS!!! Shame on you!

Room Tip: 145 stinks like cigarette hell!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
naperville illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

I was suprised to see in these reviews 2 years after my stay things had still not improved. After we checked in, we saw the room. the door did not lock except for the chain. the room was VERY dirty, there was a 1 inch gap at the bottom of the door and the carpet there was soaked. the smell was aweful, and the bathroom was beyond description. We called our credit card company and they took care of getting our refund and cancelling our other 2 nights. We had already been driving for 12 hours and were tired and it was 10:30 at night. No other hotels we could find had a room so we found a parking lot and slept in the car. The police woke us at 2:00 am and when they heard our explaination laughed and were VERY helpful They got on their radio and within 20 minutes, escorted us to the Jekyll Island Club Hotel where we were offered a room for $ 20 more per night than the Days Inn. They (the police) really turned an Aweful experience into one of the most memorable ones.

As an addendum, I did just pull this location up on google maps and they have a street view of it. It is now surrounded by chain link fencing with no trespassing signs. Maybe it is finally being torn down.

• Liked — absoplutely nothing
  • Disliked — completely uninhabitable
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

I had made reservations 3 days prior to arriving on a Friday night from a 8 hour drive. On arrival the lady up front told me my room that I had reserved on a credi card was not available. We had to get a double bed room. My husband is extremely tall. This is why we get king size beds. This is also why we reserved the room ahead of time. The lady continued to give me some lame excuse that they would have lost money on my room if they did not go ahead and give my room to someone else. This is after I told them on the phone when I reserved the room that we would not be there until 11:00pm. We actually arrived at around 8:30 p.m. We also got a non smoking room because of my sons medical conditions. Our room smelled of smoke terrible. There were cigarette burns throughout the entire room. The crack under the front door was at least 1 inch with absolutely no weatherstripping. The room still had coffee stains from the previous resident on the sink. It was so nasty!!!!!! My parents stayed in another room and their room was just as bad to the point that their front door barely locked from were someone had tried breaking into the room previously. The door frame and metal on the door was bent all to pieces. I felt like i was staying in some little side street roach motel. I travel all the time, but this was the worst experience ever. I would love for the health department or some other officials to come to this hotel to see the standards. This was nothing like the Days Inn that I am used to. I will also be trying to contact a representative of Days Inn so they can look into this hotel.

Stayed July 2008
Baxley GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

What an experience!!!!!! I looked at this motel on line and it looked fine. I made a reservation for 3 days for myself and my two grandsons. We were looking forward to spending some quality "Nanny" time with visits to the beach and water park. When we arrived, I saw some signs of renovations going on and that should have put me off but I assumed the room would be ok.
The first room we were given had no lock on the door and the
door looked as if it had been kicked in. We were then given another room. We moved to the next room and it smelled terrible.
The smell was moldy and dirty. The bathroom was filthy and the carpet was gross and nasty. Needless to say my grandsons were pretty upset and disappointed. I should have immediately checked out but we were in the middle of a terrible thunderstorm and it was getting night time. Since I didn't know my way around the area, I decided to tough it out for the night. Little did I know that I and my two grandsons would spend the night in fear. The noise began around 10 pm. There was a large crowd down below our second floor room that was obviously having a party. We could have dealt with the noice, although we were not getting any sleep but when the people began running up and down the corridor outside our room it was too much! I called the front desk 8 times between 11:30 pm and 4 am and no one answered. At that time I was annoyed but not too frightened. Then people began pounding on the door. I shouted at them to go away and thanfully they did. My grandsons were terrified. What sleeping we did was done on our beach towels on top of the bedspread. We did not use the nasty tub or shower and as soon as the first rays of light appeared outside, we left that place. The person checking me out did reverse the remaining two nights off my credit card but would do nothing about the night we spent there. In fairness to Days Inn, I called another one in the area and after learning of my experience with the nasty one, immediately gave me a very nice, clean room in their motel at a reduced price. The people at the nice motel told me that the downtown one was a known area for gang and drug activity. Thank God, my boys and I made it thru the night. I also contacted Days Inn corporate offices and advised them of the conditions in this place. They really need to get their name off of that one. The pictures and advertising on line is very misleading and bad publicity for Days INN.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Jacksonville, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2007

After making reservations then reading the reviews on this site I phoned Hotwire to voice my concerns & thankfully they suggested I contact the local police dept. After the WONDERFUL police dept looked up the address history, the deputy called me back & told me that she "would never advise anyone to stay here-especially if bringing children. There were 6 "incidents" reported in the last 3 months, and that was only outside, who knows what is going on inside. " I called Hotwire back, they looked at "online opinions" as well & then said they would remove this property from their inventory. (what would we do without tripadvisor!!) Hotwire refunded 100% of my money so thanks for the outstanding customer service!!!! And for the record, this is not a Days Inn run property, it is a franchise/independently run property.

Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
west virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

When my parents and my family decided to go to daytona for vacation, we decided to make a 2 day trip and stop at a halfway point so that my parents (in the late 50s) could rest up for the night, we had found days inn on the internet. Looked great on the website and promised a good deal with prepayment. When we arrived, it wasn't at all like the website description. First, my husband and I started in our room and could not open it b/c the lock was busted, so had to be moved to a new room. Once inside, there was mold in the corner of the cooling unit, the bathroom floor was nasty and door did not shut properly. You could see feet prints on the walls. My parents room was the same and the cooling unit did not work so they were moved as well to another room. We settled down for the evening and when it was time to head to bed, my 5 yr old son, found a pair of black panties in the bed!!!! I marched myself to the lobby and demanded a new room for my parents, they were then at 10pm, put in their 3rd room! Exhausted, we slept without the covers and got up early the next morning and immediately checkedout without showering. I went to the lobby and demanded some kind of reimbursement for our trouble and when it was all said and done, I got told that it was a different rate (more expensive) and because it was a prepaid, I couldn't do any refunds or exchanges. I called a few days later to speak with the manager to no avail. Needless to say, all they were worried about was how I found the hote and made my reservations - a week later, my travel program called to get a review on my stay at "days inn" and I let them have it and told them that I would never stay at a Days Inn" again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Pierce, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

This is a VERY old property, in the process of being redone...sort of.

While the room was in pretty good shape, with new appliances, the rest of the property is run down and in need of more work than they are doing.

The sign is half down, the lobby is newish, but not appealing and the neighborhood is such that guests tend to park their cars within sight of their room. I noticed a lot of contractors trucks parked at night. What may have been the dining room is torn up and not in use. Unfinished work around the building makes it not a good place to bring kids. The pool is more or less in operation.

It is NOT downtown, (actually, its about a mile from down town Brunswick), but near highway 17 and convenient to the causeways and bridges that lead to St. SImon's Island and other "Golden Isles" attractions.

The major problem is that it is downwind of the local Hercules factory that spews smoke and a terrible odor day and night. (Note that Brunswick was a major SuperFund Toxic Waste Site for many decades, as the area was a source of shipbuilding, munitions factories, paper factories, fertilizer, insecticide manufacturing and other nasty stuff for at least several decades).

I traveled with my Golden Retriever and booked through the Ramada Inns phone service and was told there was no pet fee. When we arrived, we were told that this was not right and that the fee was $10. Having nowhere else to go at that hour, we paid and stayed. When I called Ramada Inn reservations to complain about not being told of the fee, I was advised not to call customer until after I had checked out of the motel. I did not follow up.

This is an inexpensive motel in need of cleaning up, but it will do if you want cheap and easy. There are more modern factilities near I95, but they lack the local charm of this motel. This may be the real Southeastern Georgia!

• Liked — Pet friendly, but with a non refundable fee
  • Disliked — Condition of building and proximity to factory
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Inn Brunswick-Downtown? Share your experiences!