“Really good hotel and restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

You added Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Glynco Parkway, Brunswick, GA 31525   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Brunswick
“Really good hotel and restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and the front desk staff! Because it was Memorial Day and my husband is a veteran, they upgraded us to a suite at no additional charge. The restaurant was a great supprise...lots of locals eat there and we can see why! Good food and drinks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We're honored to have had you as our guests and would like to say an extra special thank you for your veteran's service that helped give us the freedoms we enjoy every day of our lives, and to you, the families, who sacrifice just as much to make it all possible. Please come stay with us again - it's our pleasure to have you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wifi connection was horrible in my room/lobby. They moved my room it still did not work. They connected me with the Internet provider to see if they could help me at all and they were still no help. So my work project ended up being late

• Stayed April 2013
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I'm so sorry you had difficulty connecting to the Internet! Although we do offer both hi-speed wireless and hard-wired DSL in all areas of the hotel, and there is 24-hour technical support for log-in problems, on rare occasions it does happen that a user cannot get connected. I don't see anything in our Guest Log that indicates any type of area outage or problems connecting by other guests, so I'm hoping you'll give us another chance to be your lodging choice on your next trip through Brunswick and will have an easier time with our complimentary Internet services.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Brunswick (as a walkin/no reservations) in April 2013. I was on a motorcycle and basically chose the Holiday Inn because there was no space at 2 cheaper hotels I checked.
I am happy I made that choice as the hotel was very comfortable and clean. The registration staff was very accommodating. They also indicated a very safe place to park my motorcycle. The room was very well equiped and was perfect for relaxation.
There was also a very good restaurant attached to the hotel. Therefore I had dinner without having to get back on the motorcycle. I found this to be very convenient.
The only unfortunate issue is the fact that the breakfast was not included at the price they charged.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We do have rates that include breakfast; unfortunately, since we are a full-service hotel, we are not allowed to have the freebie continental breakfast some of our competitors have - we must provide our guests with a full restaurant (and lounge) where your food is ordered right from the menu and personally served to you. We hope you'll find us again in your travels and look forward to having you as our guest again!
Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was driving from up North down to Southern Florida. I had previously spent the night at a Holiday Inn (the night before) and only paid $99 for the night. I made a reservation to stay at this hotel with my Triple A discount and got the same room for $124. I have to say that although it was neat and clean, the front desk staff was not very friendly, as most front desk staff usually are, which is not very pleasant for somebody coming in from driving all day.
And, like everybody else says, there is no complimentary breakfast in the morning. That being said, the breakfast in the restaurant ends very early. I went down at 10:00 a.m. and they had stopped serving breakfast already, so I had to make another stop before I got on the road.
My opinion is that if check out is not until 12:00 noon, you could serve breakfast until at least 11:30 a.m. - again just a suggestion.
Since there are a variety of hotels to chose from in the area, I will be tempted to stay at another hotel if I am ever in that area again - which is sad to say because I do like staying at most Holiday Inns.

Room Tip: Talk to someone about getting the Triple A or AARP discount if you are entitled because paying full...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Please accept my apologies for your confusion about the rate - our AAA discount rate can be from $114 per night to $134 per night, depending on room type and package amenities you requested, and I've researched all AAA reservations since April 1st and cannot find any that were charged the $124 rate you said you had; perhaps the total you're looking at includes taxes. Our rates are right in line with our competitors in this area, but I would be happy to speak to you about a negotiated rate for future visits. Thank you for the heads up about the lack of front desk friendliness! I'd like to know your exact check in date so I can address this with the person(s) on shift during your arrival. We take guest feedback very seriously and I appreciate your comments and promise you are always welcomed here.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel, nice area. Right off interstate, about an hour from Savannah. Free self parking. Was going to book from Priceline, but I called the hotel directly and received the same price or maybe a little less. Always a good idea to check with the hotel direct if you know which place it is!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for such a nice review, and also for the tip to book directly with us!! We try to encourage guests to avoid those third party reservation sites and call us directly so we can offer them our "Best Price Guarantee" which usually equals or beats the third party sites. Please come and stay with us again - we value your reviews so we can know that what we do is helping our guests have a wonderful time staying with us! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!
Eleanor, West Virginia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and comfortable, but that is the only good part about our stay. The Wifi in the room did not work, the walls are paper thin which made it hard to sleep with loud neighbors. And to top it off we spent the extra $20 to eat breakfast in the restaurant and the service was terrible. We ended up leaving after an hour and never getting our food! Got a refund on our room for the breakfast fee.

• Stayed April 2013
Please accept my apologies that we failed to make you a happy guest, and thank you for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate this feedback so we know where we need to improve and I will address this immediately. Please come back to visit us again so we can give you a better experience!
ELKIN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were heading to Tampa, FL and planned to make it straight through however traffic put us behind and we were rather tired so we stopped in hoping for a room. Checked the Hampton which was the first hotel we saw off the exit but they were booked and I'm glad because we got the second to last available room at Holiday Inn - the lady at the desk was VERY NICE, FRIENDLY and accommodating!!! The room was roomy, clean and very comfortable. The hotel decor was very up to date and appealing.Will DEFINITELY stay again when traveling this route!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, April 8, 2013
How fortunate that fate brought you to our doorstep! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and for giving us the honor of having you as our guest here. Please do come back on your next trip through this area, hope you can stay longer and enjoy all that Brunswick and the Golden Isles have to offer!

Been to Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)? Share your experiences!