“Nice hotel, Outstanding Staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   138 Glynco Parkway, Brunswick, GA 31525   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 36 hotels in Brunswick
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Nice hotel, Outstanding Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband and I spent one night here on our way from Florida to South Carolina. Laurita (sp???) at the front desk was wonderful! I have severe allergies and need a room that does not have odors of things like Febreze, heavily scented cleaning products, etc. She let us look at the room first. When the first room did not have a tub/shower combo she had the housekeeper (I did not get her name but she was also very friendly and helpful) show us another room. The second room was actually an upgrade for which Laurita explained we were eligible because of our Priority Club Membership. No one had ever told us this before!

The second room was was a two room suite that was quite lovely. It was odor-free except for the bathroom. The housekeeper explained it is the cleaning product they use. It is a heavy scent that is quite sweet smelling but by keeping the bathroom door closed I was able to tolerate it. A suggestion would be that a bathroom exhaust fan (there was not one) would help to dissipate this cleaning odor. (Also, the housekeeper said that some kind of scented air freshener is used in the lobby. Since more and more people have allergies to these products this might be something hotels should consider no longer using.)

When I called because of a little problem with the microwave the maintenance man came right up. Again, he went above and beyond by not only bring another microwave right away but asked me if I would like real cups for my hot tea instead of the styrofoam ones provided in the room. He returned shortly with two cups!

The bed was comfy and the pillows were good. The room was very clean. The TV in the sitting area did not work but we didn't even call because the one in the bedroom was fine. However, had we called I am sure it would have been dealt with promptly! The walls must be a bit thin because I could hear the man in the next room talking on the phone. However, turning the Heat/AC fan from "auto" to "on" provided enough white noise to solve that problem.

The lovely employees at this hotel are what makes it a place to which we would return! They are to be commended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, March 6, 2013
What an awesome review - thank you very much! Anytime a guest gives us a compliment with specifics like this, it helps re-energize our employees and motivates them to do even better - I always print and share these with each department to remind them a little southern hospitality makes a lot of difference to our guests. We believe in the Holiday Inn standard to treat every guest like "family" visiting in our own home - I'm so honored you were part of our family during your stay!

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the fourth time we've stayed at this hotel on route to Florida. We like it because with 3 kids we need a suite. This hotel works well because the living area of the suite is in the back with a door, so our kids can have their own space while we watch TV and unwind after a long drive. The best part of this hotel is the free dinner and breakfast vouchers for the kids. We really enjoy the Millhouse Steakhouse and those vouchers save us a lot of money on kids meals. The only downside is the pool. They don't heat it and it was too cold for our kids to swim. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We appreciate the very nice remarks you had to say about us, but the real compliment is that you want to return over and over again. We are very honored to have taken such good care of you and your family that you remember us and want to come back! You are correct about our pool - although the temperatures in this coastal area don't usually get cold enough to generate a need for a heated pool, we had freakishly cold weather this past weekend and I am so sorry your children didn't get to enjoy our indoor pool. Thank you again for taking time from your travels to let TripAdvisor readers know you love us!
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very pleasant experience at a clean well designed entry and room.
Check in and out were quick. Receptionist provided very comprehensive restaurant guide on one easy to understand sheet. Area has a multitude of restaurants.

Room Tip: Breakfast not included
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our visit. Clean, comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Staff was very efficient and welcoming. Was a very pleasant stay and would stay there again. Only con would be that they do nothing for priority members.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry you are disappointed with your PCR membership - have you visited the Priority Club web-site lately to check out all the benefits you can receive? We also have some "extra" offerings here at our hotel (extra points package, discounts with our restaurant, free sundries items, upgrades, etc.); perhaps the rate you chose, or your membership level, didn't include this. Thanks for making us aware of this for you - next time you head this way, call us directly and let us find the right fit for you! Until then, we wish for you safe and happy travels!
Webster, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here 12/28/12 on way to FL. This is a regular Holiday Inn (not Express) The large lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The room was nice. Similar to most Holiday Inns. Beds were comfortable. Room was very clean.The Millhouse Restaurant is attached to the hotel. (so no free breakfast) The menu is quite extensive.
Service was great and the food was excellent. There is an indoor pool but no hot tub.
Hotel is located close to I95 and is surrounded by parking lots and other hotels. So no "room with a view) Our one night stay was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Thank you for your nice compliments regarding your recent stay with us! We do have rates that include breakfast for two adults, and of course, kids 12 and under always eat free in Holiday Inn restaurants, one of our hallmark standards. I hope you'll return to our area again, come stay with us, and enjoy this great amenity! We look forward to having you and your family become part of our family each visit!
IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Holiday Inn was a pleasant place to stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The wi-fi signal wasn't very strong but that was ok. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your compliments - we'd love to have you stay with us again! We appreciate your mention of a weak wi-fi signal also; we depend on any feedback that will help us improve our services for our guests, and we'll look into that today! Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip through Brunswick!
West Virginia, U.S.A.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location for travel stops.
No complaints on rooms and services. Very nice hotel. Very good restaurant, though no free breakfast. Didn't eat breakfast at hotel restaurant, but opted for Cracker Barrel which is only one exit away.

• Stayed May 2012
JeanMullis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38), responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback on our hotel! We hope you do come back to stay with us again - we're very appreciative of any guest who thinks enough of us to let other TripAdvisor guests know about it. As a full-service Holiday Inn, we must provide a full-service restaurant for our guests, we are not allowed to have a simple continental breakfast, however, we do have rates that include free breakfast in our restaurant - it's order from the menu and cooked to order! I hope you'll get an opportunity to enjoy our restaurant on your next visit with us!

Been to Holiday Inn Brunswick-I-95 (Exit 38)? Share your experiences!